Subject: [sip-overload] Last Call: <draft-ietf-soc-load-control-event-package-10.txt> (A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Load Control Event Package) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 06:07:42 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the SIP Overload Control WG (soc) to
consider the following document:
- 'A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Load Control Event Package'
  <draft-ietf-soc-load-control-event-package-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-11-19. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   We define a load control event package for the Session Initiation
   Protocol (SIP).  It allows SIP entities to distribute load filtering
   policies to other SIP entities in the network.  The load filtering
   policies contain rules to throttle calls based on their source or
   destination domain, telephone number prefix or for a specific user.
   The mechanism helps to prevent signaling overload and complements
   feedback-based SIP overload control efforts.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-soc-load-control-event-package/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-soc-load-control-event-package/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.