Subject: Reg: ProxyAuthorization

From: Krishan Veer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 17:06:02 -0800

Hi everyone!

I was trying to figure out can ProxyAuthorization be Legally in General
Header Field /serve both request and response??
can Proxy Authorization can be used in Status Msg. if yes ? then what
should be its legal  usage it sould sent back the value in status msg
or boolean flag in case of 1XX/3XX.

--
Krishan veer
Software Engineer
http://www.vovida.com

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 22:57:52 -0500

No, Proxy-Authorization is a request header only. There is no way to
allow proxies to challenge the UAS which would be the only reason for
including it in a response. Not sure what this is useful for, anyway...

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (732) 741-4778
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com