Subject: Informal Last Call: Common Gateway Interface for SIP

From: Jonathan Lennox <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 10:52:08 -0500 (EST)

With the submission of the most recent version of the SIP Common Gateway
Interface, we'd like to announce an informal Last Call on this document (in
place of a Working Group last call, since this draft has no associated
working group).  We'll solicit comments for four weeks, until March 31,
2000.  At that time we'll submit this draft for Informational RFC status.

Comments on the draft should be sent to the SIP mailing list
[email-masked], or to the authors.

	Title		: Common Gateway Interface for SIP
	Author(s)	: J. Lennox, J. Rosenberg, H. Schulzrinne
	Filename	: draft-lennox-sip-cgi-03.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 38
	Date		: 02-Mar-00
	
In Internet telephony, there must be a means by which new services
are created and deployed rapidly. In the World Wide Web, the Common
Gateway Interface (CGI) has served as popular means towards
programming web services. Due to the similarities between the Session
Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the Hyper Text Transfer Protocol
(HTTP), CGI seems a good candidate for service creation in a SIP
environment. This draft proposes a SIP-CGI interface for providing
SIP services on a SIP server.

URLs for this Internet-Draft are:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lennox-sip-cgi-03.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lennox-sip-cgi-03.ps
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~lennox/draft-lennox-sip-cgi-03.pdf

The Postscript and PDF versions contain changebars indicating changes from
the previous version.

-- 
Jonathan Lennox
[email-masked]