Subject: Different Via grammar in the web

From: Benny Prijono <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 12:25:52 +0000

Hi,

The Via grammar specified in the Columbia.edu's SIP page
(http://www.cs.columbia.edu/sip/SIPgrammar.html#via) is different from
the one in the draft. The difference is in the extension-params, i.e.
the grammar in the web specifies that extension-params apply to the
whole Via header, while the draft specifies that extension-params apply
to each Via element.

This is the one in the web page:

Via = ( "Via" | "v") ":" 1#(sent-protocol sent-by *( ";" via-params ) [
        comment ] ) *(";" extension-params)

And this is the one in the draft:

Via = ( "Via" | "v") ":" 1#(sent-protocol sent-by *( ";" via-params ) [
        comment ] )
via-params = ... | via-extension

Can anybody specify which one is correct?

cheers,
Bennylp

---

From: Igor Slepchin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 11:38:55 -0500

The draft is correct. The grammar is just a compendium of BNF
definitions collected from various places referenced in SIP RFC.

---
Igor Slepchin