Subject: SIP NAT Draft and Linux Masquerading Module

From: Billy Biggs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 17:34:12 -0600

Hi,

  I have just submitted a draft describing an Application Level Gateway (ALG)
for simple SIP sessions to allow them to pass transparently through a NAT
device.  A copy of the submitted draft is available here:

    http://www.sip-happens.com/masquerade/draft-biggs-sip-nat-00.txt

  We are also releasing the source code for a Linux IP Masquerading module for
SIP.  This allows a Linux NAT setup to transparently proxy SIP sessions, and is
a sample implementation of the ALG described in the above draft.  The source
for this module and more information about what it supports is available at:

    http://www.sip-happens.com/masquerade/

  We hope that by providing the draft and sample implementation that they can
help promote the addition of simple SIP session support to other NAT and
Firewall products.

  Thanks,
-- 
[email-masked]

---

From: Matt Holdrege <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 21:27:14 -0800

Thanks for the good work. FYI to you and all SIP'sters, please review the 
text on SIP in draft-ietf-nat-protocol-complications-02.txt which should 
appear in the I-D directory soon or at 
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/nat-charter.html

The current text is a bit old and I'm not sure how accurate it is, so a 
review would be appreciated by all who care about SIP and NAT.

At 05:34 PM 3/5/00 -0600, Billy Biggs wrote:
>-
>To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
>'unsubscribe nat' in the body of the message.

---

From: Thomas Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 17:51:38 -0500

> review would be appreciated by all who care about SIP and NAT.

Note : The charter references

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nat-protocol-complications-01.txt

which will get you a 404: File not found.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nat-protocol-complications-02.txt

gets the March 2000 draft.

                                                                                            Regards
                                                                                            Marshall Eubanks

T.M. Eubanks
Multicast Technologies, LLC
P.O. Box 99
Clifton, Virginia 20124
Phone : 703-803-8141
Fax     : 703-222-3250
e-mail : [email-masked]