Subject: Clarification on Request-URI not matching receving server

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 09:11:37 +0530

(wrt bis draft dated Aug 99, Exp: Feb 2000)

Hi,

Please refer to Page 29, Sec 4.3 Req-URI

IIt mentions that if the host part of Req-URI does not match that of the
current host, it should ether proxy it fwd or return 404.

However, the above does not hold true in the case Max-Fwd decreases to 0
and the req is INVITE or OPTIONS, in whichcase the
receiving proxy should act as the intended node. Shouldn't this exclusion
be added to the global statement above ?

Regds
Arjun

--
Arjun Roychowdhury @ Hughes Software Systems

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 23:10:01 -0500

> be added to the global statement above ?

Well, there are lots of other error conditions which might cause the
request not to be forwarded - Via loops, malformed requests, incorrect
content-lengths, missing To or From, etc. I don't think we need to
mention these exceptional cases within the text of every normal case
processing rule.

-Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       200 Executive Drive
Chief Scientist                             Suite 120 
dynamicsoft                                 West Orange, NJ 07052
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (732) 741-4778
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com