Subject: Another task force formed

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 17:38:25 -0500

Folks,

We had discussed this in the past, but we have finally formed a task
force to look at SIP for "home phone line service", also known as single
line extension. The immediate goal of this group is to scope out what
the service should look like, and then go about defining any SIP
extensions needed to support it.

Those folks who sent me email initially asking to be involved have been
added to the team. If you are interested, but haven't sent me mail yet
about this, please feel free to do so.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       200 Executive Drive
Chief Scientist                             Suite 120 
dynamicsoft                                 West Orange, NJ 07052
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (732) 741-4778
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

---

From: Stephen Kingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 18:02:30 +1100

Hi Jonathan,

My name is Stephen Kingham and I have been working as the Engineer
Responsible and over all Project Manager of a large VoIP project in
Australia.  Phase one of the project sees it carrying about 3,500 connected
calls per working day and will grow by 10 or 40 time as each Australian
University hooks on.  The connected calls are made from users on PABXs to
other PABXs, and into the Public Telephone Network without the users even
knowing it is going over IP.

Only recently have we considered involvement in the IETF working groups to
feed back what we have learnt back into the standards.  Some of the work in
the QoS negotiation is of particular interest, particulary to ensure
_Reliability_ is included as well as the bandwidth allocation.

Anyway we are now gearing up for PABXless campuses and would like to see if
we can contribute to the SIP for "home phone line service".

I will be at the IETF and hope to learn more about the working group then
and how we might be able to be involved.

Regards

Stephen Kingham

--
Stephen Kingham, MIT, BSc, E&C Cert
Project Manager and Consulting Engineer
                              mailto:[email-masked]
                              Telephone +61 2 6276 6223 (office)
                                        +61 419 417 471 (mobile)
Voice over IP Project
for The Australian Acedemic Research Network (AARNet) and
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
http://www.aarnet.edu.au/projects/voice and http://www.csiro.au

Have a nice day.