Subject: updated draft

From: "Mark Gibson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 10:31:20 -0000

All

The updated version of the draft I presented in Washington is now available
at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gibson-manage-mpls-qos-01.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gibson-manage-mpls-qos-01.txt> 

The draft has essentially been re-organised and the emphasis on the SIP
solution is now downplayed.
I do not intend to re-present this in Adelaide as there is some ongoing work
to better define and generalise the control layer protocol initially
described in draft-gibson-sip-qos-resv-00.txt. 

Naturally I'll only pursue a WG timeslot once this work is complete and
whole.

Mark

---

From: Laurent-Walter Goix <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 16:37:54 +0100

Hi all

I have some comments about the draft-ietf-sip-call-flows-00.txt. Seems
to be some errors in some call scenarios:

- page 110 (SIP->PSTN, bad PSTN number): as NGW1 receive from Proxy
To:<sip:+44-1234>, doesn't it try an IAM (F5) with
CdPN=+44-1234,NPI=E.164,NOA=International (or something like that)

- page 138(Unsuccessful PSTN->SIP): what is said above the figure (NGW1
sends a REL message back to A when receiving the 600 Busy Everywhere
error from Proxy) is incompatible with both the figure and the call
flows description: shouldn't the gateway send the REL message?

- page 90(successful SIP->PSTN): how could user A send a PRACK message
with the private number of B (F13) since Proxy nerver sended it this
URL?
Even if he could become it anyhow, might he send it a later INVITE (as
he remembered this address in his "SIP address book") at this private
number (How does the "globalization of the SIP URL" work is that case,
if any?). Doesn't it raise the problem of a privacy or access violation?
(even the PBX's  private numbers which don't correspond to any public
number may be reachable directly)

Please correct me where I'm wrong.

Laurent-Walter Goix

---

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 11:25:31 -0600

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback - you are correct, these are errors and will be fixed. 
See my comments below.

Thanks again - all comments and corrections are greatly appreciated!

Alan Johnston
MCI WorldCom

> CdPN=+44-1234,NPI=E.164,NOA=International (or something like that)

Correct.  CdPN will be changed to the international number.

> flows description: shouldn't the gateway send the REL message?

The call flows figure and the detailed messages are backwards, the text is
correct - the gateway originates the REL message.  This will be fixed.

> number may be reachable directly)

Correct - the Request-URI of the PRACK F13 must be the same as the initial
INVITE (sip:[email-masked];user=phone).  The URL containing the
private number is not known to the caller until the 200 OK with the Contact
header is received.  This will be fixed.  As for privacy, if the called party
does not want to share his/her private number with the caller, that Contact
header would not be present.