Subject: Two New Drafts

From: "Adam B. Roach" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 15:15:52 -0600 (CST)

There are two new drafts on the IETF web site. The first
one is an attempt at formalising a general, extensible
event notification for SIP using SUBSCRIBE and NOTIFY.

The second draft demonstrates an application of this
event notification (using an auto-call-back service), 
along with callflows.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Title: Event Notification in SIP

Abstract:

     This document describes an extension to the Session Initiation
     Protocol (SIP) [1] . The purpose of this extension is to provide
     a generic and extensible framework by which SIP nodes can request
     notification from remote nodes indicating that certain events
     have occured.

     Concrete uses of the mechanism described in this document may be
     standardized in the future.

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-roach-sip-subscribe-notify-00.txt
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Title: Automatic Call Back Service in SIP

Abstract:

     This document describes a proposed implementation of an Automatic
     Call Back (ACB) service using SIP. This service is somtimes
     refered to as "camp on extension," "call again," "automatic
     redial," and "automatic recall."

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-roach-sip-acb-00.txt

-- 
Adam Roach, Ericsson Inc. |  Ph: +1 972 583 7594 | 1010 E. Arapaho, MS L-04
[email-masked]   | Fax: +1 972 669 0154 | Richardson, TX 75081 USA