Subject: Re: Clarification on Request-URI not matching receving server

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 10:31:23 +0530

Actually this is not an error condition .
Its a valid conditon where a SIP Request is replied to even though its not
directly meant for it .  In this case, there
is no error in the message, but a special clause that results in a server
acting on behalf of another - not rejecting it.

Regds
Arjun
--
Arjun Roychowdhury @ Hughes Software Systems

Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]> on 03/06/2000 09:40:01 AM

To:   archow
cc:   [email-masked]

Subject:  Re: Clarification on Request-URI not matching receving server

[email-masked] wrote:
>
> (wrt bis draft dated Aug 99, Exp: Feb 2000)
>
> Hi,
>
> Please refer to Page 29, Sec 4.3 Req-URI
>
> IIt mentions that if the host part of Req-URI does not match that of the
> current host, it should ether proxy it fwd or return 404.
>
> However, the above does not hold true in the case Max-Fwd decreases to 0
> and the req is INVITE or OPTIONS, in whichcase the
> receiving proxy should act as the intended node. Shouldn't this exclusion
> be added to the global statement above ?

Well, there are lots of other error conditions which might cause the
request not to be forwarded - Via loops, malformed requests, incorrect
content-lengths, missing To or From, etc. I don't think we need to
mention these exceptional cases within the text of every normal case
processing rule.

-Jonathan R.
--
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       200 Executive Drive
Chief Scientist                             Suite 120
dynamicsoft                                 West Orange, NJ 07052
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (732) 741-4778
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com