Subject: BYE and record route

From: Sunitha Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 18:29:58 -0800

It is given that the record route in 200 OK is copied into  the Route
headers for subsequent requests from the caller.  My question was, if we
needed to make the BYE from the *callee*  traverse the same set of
proxies, then  should this be rememberd from the INVITE request obtained
from the caller, or does the via field help in that.

Thanks!

--
Sunitha Kumar
Software Engineer
Vovida Networks
(408) 957 - 6374

---

From: Igor Slepchin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 23:26:28 -0500

It certainly should, and not only for BYE requests. This is discussed in
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs/sip/notes.html (see the note on
Record-Route towards the end of the document) and in
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs/sip/drafts/draft-ietf-sip-2543bis-00.pdf
(section 6.3.33).

---
Igor Slepchin

Sunitha Kumar wrote:
> headers for subsequent requests from the caller.  My question was, if
> we needed to make the BYE from the *callee*  traverse the same set of
> proxies, then  should this be rememberd from the INVITE request
> obtained from the caller, or does the via field help in that.
> 
> Thanks!
> 
> --
> Sunitha Kumar
> Software Engineer
> Vovida Networks
> (408) 957 - 6374
> 
>

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 00:47:50 -0500

Let me make a general comment here on mailing list usage.

The SIP mailing list is an excellent place to address questions
regarding the specification. However, the purpose of the list is to work
on our deliverables as a working group. Time spent by the group
answering questions that have been discussed before is less time the
group can spend making forward progress on our documents. So, to try and
keep focused, I would encourage people to do the following. Before
asking your question to the list, please check the FAQ, the archives,
and the rfc2543bis draft to see if your question is answered there. If
not, then of course go ahead and ask on the list.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       200 Executive Drive
Chief Scientist                             Suite 120 
dynamicsoft                                 West Orange, NJ 07052
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (732) 741-4778
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

---

From: "Sunitha Kumar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 09:36:44 -0800

Thanks for the pointers Igor. The documents really help.