Subject: [SIP] draft-jfp-sip-isup-header-00.txt - presentation

From: "Venkatesh Venkataramanan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 23:06:29 -0800

Before anyone points out, I made an error while suggesting
charge-indicator's BNF's :-) !!! 

Thanks.
Venkatesh

Hi:

Have a couple of questions/suggestions regarding the same... Was wondering
if we should define a new header for the Charge-Info(could be used by any
intermediate proxies that are responsible for Billing). The BNF could be the
same as that of a SIP URL.

As regards Carrier-Identification, I was wondering if it made sense to
extend caller preferences to pass this information along as against
definingnew extensions in an URL. After all carrier identification is a
"Callers Preference"? [unless my understanding of what carrier
identification is totally wrong :-)].

I don't know if we need to have anything special for representing the cause
value in a disconnect. I think an earlier draft by Camarillo, Roach et al
comprehensively maps all cause codes in a REL to appropriate SIP response
codes...

As regards Calling Party Category (mentioned as future item) I was wondering
if it made sense to simply add the same in the From SIP URL (use the
flexibility provided in a SIP URL's other-params)... say, From: <sip:.....
>; cpc=test; or cpc=ordinary?? Would that make sense??

Venkatesh

-----Original Message-----
From: Jean-Francois Mule [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2001 7:45 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [SIP] draft-jfp-sip-isup-header-00.txt - presentation
restricted

Another comment:
this draft seems to make a recommendation on how to translate the
presentation indicators into the sip From: address of record at the
far-end gateway only.  It is not clear however, how the indicators are
propagated along the sip entity chain, from the sip ua originating the
session to the far end, passing by multiple sip proxies...
Indeed, within the calling party's domain, some sip proxies may make use
of the ANI or A number to apply some routing rules...
Is this specified somewhere?

Jean-Francois.

_______________________________________________
This list is for continuing development of the SIP protocol.
The sip-implementor's list is the place to discuss implementation,
and to receive advice on understanding existing sip.
To subscribe to it, send mail to 
[email-masked] with "subscribe" in the body.

_______________________________________________
This list is for continuing development of the SIP protocol.
The sip-implementor's list is the place to discuss implementation,
and to receive advice on understanding existing sip.
To subscribe to it, send mail to 
[email-masked] with "subscribe" in the body.