Subject: [SIP] New I-D on MLPP mapping into SIP

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 11:46:32 -0600

Hello

I have revised my earlier MLPP effort into this group (from Adelaide) with new
ideas and potential directions that can make the inclusion of its goals not
incorporated into the 2543bis effort (trying not to bog it down with relatively
focused requirements), yet allowable as a separate effort for those who wish to
built products to a 'spec' that's (hopefully) interoperable which a set of
customers have required as being specified prior to inclusion of anybody's
products into their networks.

The new I-D is at:

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-polk-sip-mlpp-mapping-01.txt

This effort is also part of a larger effort that I've started in:

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-polk-mlpp-over-ip-00.txt

which is not near completion; yet I wanted to start the discussion on this
overall topic early into this other effort so that not too much is rewritten
and input can be from many sources over a period of time. This second I-D has
*no* intention of moving into the SIP WG, but is the overall effort the 1st I-D
above is referring to.

Comments are welcome on both efforts

*************************************
"People generally demand more respect for their own rights than they are
willing to allow for others"

James M. Polk
Consulting Engineer
Office of the CTO

Cisco Systems
18581 N. Dallas Parkway
Dallas, Texas 75287
w) 972.813.5208
f)  972.813.5280
www.cisco.com