Subject: [SIP] Question about CSeq

From: Hua Wei <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 19:37:26 -0600

Hi,

Please forgive me if I'm asking a very stupid question.

In RFC2543 6.21, "Consecutive requests that differ in request method,
headers or body, but have the same Call-ID MUST contain strictly
monotonically increasing and contiguous sequence numbers".

Does this mean that two requests which belong to the same call but
different call legs must have strictly monotonically increasing and
contiguous sequence numbers? I don't understand why a call other than
callleg should keep track of sequence number?

Thanks,

Hua

_______________________________________________________________
Hua  Wei                                      Inet Technologies

[email-masked]                              (469)-330-4645

_______________________________________________
This list is for continuing development of the SIP protocol.
The sip-implementor's list is the place to discuss implementation,
and to receive advice on understanding existing sip.
To subscribe to it, send mail to 
[email-masked] with "subscribe" in the body.

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 03:08:57 -0500

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Hua Wei [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2001 8:37 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [SIP] Question about CSeq
> 
> 
> Hi,
> 

This is a mistake. Thanks for catching it. The requirement for contiguous
(i.e., increase by one) CSeq is within a call leg.

-Jonathan R.

---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com