Subject: [SIP] draft-petrie-sip-config-framework-00.txt

From: "Daniel G. Petrie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 18:12:48 -0500

This draft proposes a configuration and management framework

for SIP user agents. It has been submitted and is in the
pipeline.
You can access this in the mean time from:
http://www.pingtel.com/docs/draft-petrie-sip-config-framework-00.txt

Abstract

   This document defines the application of a set of
protocols for
   configuring a SIP user agent.  The SIP user agent must
discover how
   and from where to retrieve its initial configuration and
be notified
   of changes and updates which impact its configuration.
The
   objective is to define a means for automatically
configuring a user
   agent such that it can be functional without user or
administrative
   intervention.  The framework for discovery, delivery,
notification
   and updates of user agent configuration is defined here.
This
   framework is also intended to ease ongoing
administration,
   configuration and upgrading of large scale deployments of
SIP user
   agents.  The contents and format of the configuration
data to be
   defined is outside the scope of this document.

_______________________________________________
This list is for continuing development of the SIP protocol.
The sip-implementor's list is the place to discuss implementation,
and to receive advice on understanding existing sip.
To subscribe to it, send mail to 
[email-masked] with "subscribe" in the body.