Subject: [SIP] When to present the user with the incoming call?

From: "Victor A Paulsamy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 16:06:30 -0500

Hi,

An incoming call is received by a callee.

When should the user be alerted (180-ring back): *after* SDP validation or
as the call is received by the UA (alert the user first and validate SDP
*only* if the user accepts the call)?

Please clarify the above point.

Thanks in advance.

Warm regards,

--victor

_______________________________________________
This list is for continuing development of the SIP protocol.
The sip-implementor's list is the place to discuss implementation,
and to receive advice on understanding existing sip.
To subscribe to it, send mail to 
[email-masked] with "subscribe" in the body.

---

From: "Victor A Paulsamy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 16:32:44 -0500

Hi,

"When should the user be alerted (180-ring back):" should be read as "When
should the user (at the callee end) be alerted:"
sorry for the typo. Here comes the corrected question:

When should the user (at the callee end) be alerted:*after* SDP validation
or as the INVITE is received by the UA (alert the user first and validate
SDP *only* if the user accepts the call)?

Warm regards,

--victor

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Warm regards,

--victor