Subject: [SIP] Agenda Reminder from our ADs

From: "Dean Willis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 15:29:55 -0600

As we finalize the agenda for SIPWG-IETF50 , I'd like you to keep the
followin gin-mind.

From the Area Directors:
--------------------------------
A while back we sent you a note reminding you that we do not want to take
valuable face-to-face IETF session time to have people present their
Internet Drafts. If someone has published an Internet Draft, and that
draft has been discussed on the working group mailing list, and confusions
or issues have come up during that discussion, then it is reasonable to take
session time to discuss those issues. (Assuming that the topic of the
Internet Draft falls within the existing Working Group charter: another
practice we wish to discourage is using face-to-face time to "try out" new
topics for the working group - this should be minimized, and used only when
truly pressing new views of the WG mission have emerged. And such topics
should be discussed with the ADs before session discussion).
 . . .
There is still time (though not much) to get mailing list discussion going
on any topics you want to talk about during the sessions.
-------------------------------

Thanks,

--
Dean Willis
SIP WG Cochair.

_______________________________________________
This list is for continuing development of the SIP protocol.
The sip-implementor's list is the place to discuss implementation,
and to receive advice on understanding existing sip.
To subscribe to it, send mail to 
[email-masked] with "subscribe" in the body.