Subject: [Sip] The SIp info method.

From: Hrishikesh Saria <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 15:29:32 +0530

Hi,

In the bis draft A regular transaction is defined as a transaction other than
that of an ACK, INVITE, CANCEL. So I infer that an INFO is a regular
transaction.

Now. if a regular transaction is in progress, ie if a UAC has initiated an INFO
request then if the response to the INFO request has not yer arrived can the
UAC issue a BYE request. if yes what happens to the INFO request.

Also if an UAC has sent an INFO request(1) can it also send another INFO
request (2) before getting the repsonse for the first INFO request(1).

if this allowed then what should be the behaviour of the UAS if the second
request arrives before the first one,as the CSEQ of the second INFO will e
higher than the first one, which means the ordering of the CSEQ is affected.

I am sorry if such issues have already been disucussed before, even pointers to
those discussion will be helpful

Thanks and Regards
Hrishikesh Saria

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip