Subject: [Sip] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-serverfeatures-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 06:40:59 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The SIP Supported Header
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg, H. Schulzrinne
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sip-serverfeatures-05.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 24-Jul-01
	
The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) provides a mechanism that
allows a client to request that a particular protocol extension be
used to process the request. The server declines the request if it
does not support the extension. However, there is currently no way
for a server to determine which extensions are supported by the
client. Knowing about client-supported extensions allows the server
to tailor its response accordingly. Furthermore, SIP does not define
a way for a client to query a server about the extensions it
supports. This document defines a SIP extension that allows clients
to indicate, in a request, the set of extensions supported. We also
define a mechanism that allows clients, through an OPTIONS request,
to determine the extensions supported by a server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-serverfeatures-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sip-serverfeatures-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-serverfeatures-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.