Subject: [Sip] HANDOFF for call transfer

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 14:42:51 +0530

Hello all,

I had a question regarding the draft-dean-handoff-00.txt
The draft is due to expire this month. Last discussion I
could trace on the topic was in Feb ... the thread with
subject "draft-ietf-sip-handoff-00pre8.txt" :
http://lists.bell-labs.com/pipermail/sip/2001q1/005711.html

Is there some work still continuing on this draft? Or has it
been abandoned in favour of the REFER approach to transfer?

If not, when can a new version of the draft be expected? The
approach does seem to be simpler in some respects, but are
there any downsides for which there's not much talk on this
draft at present? Pointers to relevant information would be
much appreciated! :)

Thanks in advance,
Siddharth.

=================================
Siddharth Toshniwal
Software Engineer
Hughes Software Systems, Bangalore
http://www.hssworld.com.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Billy Biggs <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 09:55:52 -0400

[email-masked] ([email-masked]):

> Is there some work still continuing on this draft? Or has it been
> abandoned in favour of the REFER approach to transfer?

  This draft is not being continued.  It was basically decided at the
Interim meeting in February to stick to REFER.

  http://www.softarmor.com/sipwg/meets/interim-feb-01/index.html

-- 
Billy Biggs                     [email-masked]
http://www.billybiggs.com/      [email-masked]