Subject: [Sip] cooments on draft-ietf-sip-call-auth-01

From: "Dean Willis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 10:10:11 -0500

A couple of nits:

1) Section 6.1.1 para 5 says "initiates a Policy-Setup message to POP-o.".
The target should probably be PDP-o, not POP-o.

2) 6.1.1. para 3 says "Assuming that the call is not forwarded, the other
end-point sends a 183
   response to the initial INVITE, forwarded back to OP. The sentence should
probably end "proxied back to OP." This change would avoid semantic conflict
on "forwarded".

3) Section 6.1.1 p5 says "
   When OP receives the 183, it has sufficient information regarding the
end-points, bandwidth and characteristics of the media exchange. It
initiates a Policy-Setup message to POP-o."
-- I would like to see more discussion of how it actually gets this from the
SDP, especially as there may be 37 codecs listed.Or is this covered in
manyfolks? If so, there's a reference problem.

--
Dean

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip