Subject: [Sip] update to session timer available!

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 03:56:33 -0400

Folks,

I've submitted an update to draft-ietf-sip-session-timer. This version is
substantially different from the previous. As discussed on the list, I've
added the Minimum-Timer header (called Min-SE), and also took Brett's
suggestion to define a refresher parameter to session expires, in order to
avoid overloading Require/Supported to figure out who is refreshing the
session. This made things a whole lot simpler, I think.

Until the draft appears in the archives, you can pick up a copy at:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-sip-session-timer-05.txt

There are still some open issues. The main one is whether or not we want to
remove the usage of absolute times in Session-Expires, since they always
need to be converted to delta-times anyway. Comments on that?

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip