Subject: [SIP] Comments on draft-ietf-sip-callerprefs-04.txt

From: Suheel Hussain <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 15:32:08 -0400

Hi,

I did review the IETF draft and found following changes maybe required:

1.  Move 'Table of Contents' to either page 2 or after Introduction section.
2.  Function names are too long. Should be shortened; or subnames should be
      spaced out -- by underscores, etc. -- to improve readability.
      For instance:

      matchuriparameters could be changed to
      match_uri_parameters or matchUriParameters

3.  Section 5.2 Accep-Contact header syntax vs example:

      Accept-contact defines rule is:
        * [*(";" (cp-params | q-param | scheme-param | strength)) ]
      Thus rule in example should have been:
        Accep-Contact: sip:[email-masked] ; q=0; *;media="!video"; *;q=0.1 ..
        and so on..
      This implies q-params should be followed by ';' instead of ','.
      Also, except for first q-param, all subsequent q-params should be
      prepended by '*;'

      (Maybe I have understood the example :( )

Suheel
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip