Subject: [Sip] SIP question: headers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 09:40:58 +0200

Dear all,
 
I'm new in the domain of VoIP and SIP, and while reading SIP (RFC 2543) and
RFC2543bis-04 I encountered a problem with the contents of table 4.

The problem is how to understand the table correctly.
For example: The first line specifies that the "allow" header can occur in
all Request messages except in the ACK, because the WHERE column indicates
R, and in each column related to an individual Request the "o" indicates
that it is optional, except for the ACK. The second line specifies that it
can occur in response 415, but how should I interpret the "o" fields in the
columns concerning the Request messages (INVITE? REGISTER, ...) ?

A second problem, related to this is that headers, marked as response (e.g.
warning) also have the "o" (optional) indication in all Requests. Does this
mean that this respone header could also be present in a Request ?

kind regards

**** DISCLAIMER **** 
"This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain information 
which is confidential and/or protected by intellectual property 
rights and are intended for the sole use of the recipient(s) named above. 
Any use of the information contained herein (including, but not limited to, 
total or partial reproduction, communication or distribution in any form) 
by persons other than the designated recipient(s) is prohibited. 
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender either 
by telephone or by e-mail and delete the material from any computer. 
Thank you for your cooperation."

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip