Subject: [Sip] FYI: SIPstone

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 12:07:54 -0700

This is for information only. This is not a work item of the SIP working
groups.

Some folks at Ubiquity and Columbia University have put together a first
draft on how to measure, in a repeatable fashion, some typical
performance metrics for SIP proxy, redirect and registrar servers. The
metrics are supposed to reflect common operational conditions; they are
not intended to test the functionality, protocol conformance, robustness
or overload behavior of the servers.

We will also provide a simple test tool that can be used to run these
tests, probably in early September.

The draft is at http://www.cs.columbia.edu/sip/drafts/sipstone.pdf

Since this is not of interest to all members of this list and is not an
IETF work item, I have set up a new list for the discussion of this
topic at

http://lists.cs.columbia.edu/mailman/listinfo/sipstone

Messages can be addressed to [email-masked]

The authors of the draft look forward to your comments and suggestions.

Henning

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip