Subject: [Sip] new draft submission for FW/NAT traversal

From: "Sanjoy Sen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 18:25:07 -0500

Folks, 

        We've submitted an ID called "Midcom-unaware NAT/Firewall Traversal"
describing a pre-Midcom solution framework to solve the problem of
traversing deployed NAT/FW's. This is in relation to the new extension to
the Midcom WG charter calling for "average current practice" solutions for
traversing Midcom-unaware, and even, application-unaware NAT/FW's. Two key
components of this solution working in tandem are a SIP Proxy & an RTP
Proxy. The solution needs interaction between the Proxies, but does not need
the clients know about the NAT binds/types and is applicable to all
traditional types of NAT's/Firewalls. The draft can be found at:  
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sen-midcom-fw-nat-00.txt. 

Comments/feedback are most welcome & should be posted in the Midcom mailing
list.

Regards,
Sanjoy Sen

============
Interactive Multimedia Server, Carrier VoIP 
Nortel Networks 
Ph: 972-685-8274, Fax: 972-685-3813 
Mobile: 972-571-2062