Subject: [Sip] privacy draft - use of Remote-party-ID header in methods other th an INVITE

From: "Drage, Keith (Keith)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 14:24:23 +0100

Currently the privacy draft defines the Remote-Party-ID header only for use
in the INVITE method.

For some other methods, e.g. REGISTER and REFER, it would appear useful to
be able to pass other identifiers of the user (in addition to the From and
Contact header) between SIP applications. These identifiers are probably
much the same as those already covered in the Remote-Party-ID header.

What issues would people see in extending the use of the Remote-Party-ID
header to a defined set of other methods?

Would this be done by extending the privacy draft, or by a new extension
altogether, or by some completely new reorganisation of the documentation
altogether?

Keith
Keith Drage
Lucent Technologies
Tel: +44 1793 776249
Email: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip