Subject: [Sip] newbie's question of "tag" parameter

From: Lei Liang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 12:32:02 +0100 (BST)

Hello, everybody, 
  when I was reading RFC2543, I saw "tag" parameter may be added in
"from" and "to" general hearders. it was said that "tag" was used to
distinguish the user who has more than one instances with the same sip
addr, e.g. mobile and telephone. does it mean every instance has one
unique URI to identify itself from others? then what happens if one user
change his instance from a telephone to a mobile during a call or use both
of them for the same call-ID at the same time. can he do that or not? if
can, does the sip
message have to be send to two destinations which are distinguished by
using "tag" para?
any instruction will be really appreciated.
thx a lot.
cheers.
lei

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip