Subject: [Sip] Basic questions.

From: De Leo Walter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 19:14:30 -0300

Excuse me I am new in this of SIP and have some basic questions whose
answers I couldnt find in the list digest. If this questions bother you, or
you think it is not the propper list to post them, please let me know, and
tell me where should I post them.
Here the questions:
1) In SIPbis (04) the use of tags is mandatory for From headers, it was not
the case of RFC 2543, what is it required for?. (Call legs can be
distinguished by means of To tags (all other headers being equal). It would
have sense if URLs are removed (it was a Mr Rosemberg Proposal)from Call leg
identification but it is not the case yet, is it?)
2) More basic, what is the minimum length of a tag?
3) I have seen in one of the examples in the draft (the 20.5 forking
example) that a 200 response to a CANCEL didn't have a To tag. But the 487
response to the INVITE being cancelled did include a To tag. Why is that. I
understand that the response to the CANCEL doesn't have a To Tag because the
call leg does not exist as the callee was not located. But why there is a To
Tag in the 487, is a short lifed call-leg created between caller and proxy?
4) Please don't laugh at me but I couldn't find out what is being referenced
when  the draft sends you to [Hx.x]:(

Well, forgive me for the extension of the message and thank you in advance.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip