Subject: [Sip] Volunteer needed for script to post SIP open issues from Bugzilla

From: "Dean Willis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 11:20:46 -0500

Jonathan has been using a bugzilla server to to track open issues with SIP.

It seems that the general public has an interest in knowing what those
issues are, and what the status might be.

It has been proposed that:

"we write a script for dean's site that logs into bugzilla, runs a query for
all open issues, requests the long format, and then takes the resulting html
doc, scrapes it clean of urls and other useless gunk, and displays it. This
gives people access to bugzilla in the sense that they can see the bugs, but
they can't access it directly, add comments, etc."

As Tonto is reputed to have said "what do you mean 'we', paleface?" (see
"The Lone Ranger" television series for context).

So, any of you bright-eyed code wranglers feel like taking this on?

I'd suggest something like a perl script that can be run daily from cron,
which outputs a copy of the needed info in HTML. I suspect my server's not
up to doing it live as a CGI.

--
Dean

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip