Subject: [Sip] sip-mib: rewrite of Admin and Oper status objects

From: Jean-Francois Mule <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 16:47:11 -0700

This is an update based on Tom Taylor's comments as well as other
threads on the sip-mib yahoo group.
We believe it addresses the comments received to date on these sip mib
status objects.

Jean-Francois Mule
-- My opinions are my own and do not reflect the ones of my current
employer

-----------------------------------------------------------
-- New definition proposal based on sip-mib discussions
-- and comments received from Tom Taylor on 10/1/2001
-- to realign this with applOperStatus

  sipServiceOperStatus OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     INTEGER {
                          up(1),
                          down(2),
                          congested(3),
                          restarting(4),
                          quiescing(5),
                          testing(6),
                          unknown(7)
                  }
       MAX-ACCESS read-only
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
            "This object contains the current operational state of the
             SIP application.

             up(1)         : The application is operating normally, and
                             is processing (receiving and possibly
                             issuing) SIP requests and responses.
             down(2)       : The application is currently unable to
                             process SIP messages.
             congested(3)  : The application is operational but no
additional
                             inbound transactions can be accomodated.
             restarting(4) : The application is currently unavailable
but it
		                 is in the process of restarting and will soon
                             be able to process SIP messages.
             quiescing(5)  : The application is currently operational
                             but has been administratively put into
quiese
                             mode. Additional inbound transactions may
be
                             rejected.
             testing(6)    : The application is currently in test mode
                             and may not be able to process SIP
                             messages.
             unknown(7)    : The operational status cannot be determined
                             for some reason."

       ::= { sipCommonCfgEntry 2 }

---------------------------------------------------------
-- New definition proposal based on sip-mib discussions
-- and comments received from Tom Taylor on 10/1/2001
--
   sipServiceAdminStatus OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     INTEGER {
                          noop(1),
				  up(2),
				  down(3),
                          reset(4),
                          quiese_sessions(5),
                          quiese_application(6)
                  }
       MAX-ACCESS read-write
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
            "This object is used to affect the overall operational
             state of the SIP application. When read, this object
			 always return a value of noop(1) since
             sipServiceOperStatus reflects the actual operational
             status.

             noop(1)              : Setting this object to a noop value
                                    has no effect; when read, this value
						is always returned.
             up(2)                : Enable the application
	       down(3)              : Abrupt shutdown, immediately
                                    terminate the application, does not
                                    restart.
             reset(4)             : Restart application, reinitialize
                                    data.
             quiese_sessions(5)   : Enable quiescence mode.  Stop
                                    accepting any new SIP sessions.
						Stop processing new transactions
                                    except for transactions associated
						with an existing session or call.
             quiese_applications(6):Enable quiescence mode. Stop
                                    processing new sip transactions
                                    except for transactions associated
                                    with existing applications.
						The exact application behavior
                                    should be specified by the
						implementation."
       ::= { sipCommonCfgEntry 3 }
---------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip