Subject: [Sip] Changes in bis-05

From: "James Undery" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 11:11:02 +0100

Hi,

Whilst welcoming the intent of the re-write, there are some obvious
(first read) changes I'd disagree with (and a lot I like).

e.g.
Section 16.5, step 2 Updating the Request-URI, replacing it is a MUST
!! this is a totally unnecessary and contradictory to all the loose
routing discussions at the last IETF.

In light of the massive changes, can I suggest that a more realistic
timetable for the draft going to the IESG is produced to allow a
sufficient review.

Also on the minor nit side,

Section 22, table 2 has Route and Record-Route as optional headers for
REGISTER, this contradicts section 10.3 where they are forbidden.

James

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip