Subject: [Sip] DEPRECATION WARNING: Open Issue #206: CR and LF alone

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 11:34:03 -0400

Folks,

My apologies for sending this to sip and sip-implementors, but maximal
coverage is needed here.

The spec says that implementations MUST send CRLF to terminate lines, but
MUST interpret CR or LF by themselves as line terminators, for backwards
compatibility. We want to trim as much of this stuff as possible from the
spec. So, I ask: is there anyone out there who sends CR or LF alone as line
terminators? If so, speak up NOW! Otherwise, we will remove this reuqirement
from the spec and ONLY CRLF will be discussed.

-Jonathan R.

---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Brett Tate" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 11:19:25 -0400

> from the spec and ONLY CRLF will be discussed.

Does this deprecation also apply to SDP lines?  
I assume no, but I thought I'd ask.