Subject: [Fwd: [Sip] Open Issue #140: use only tags for Call-leg ID]

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 15:48:53 +0200

Hi,

I KNOW this case is closed, and I am NOT going to reopen it. However,
one question related to it:

Could we also use only the tags (since they are now mandatory) of the
To- and From headers for the TRANSACTION mapping? The tags would not
have to be globaly unique since the Call-ID (which is also part of the
transaction key) is...

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland

Subject: Re: [Sip] Open Issue #140: use only tags for Call-leg ID
From: Vijay Gurbani <[email-masked]>
To: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 16:51:57 -0600
List-Id: Session Initiation Protocol <sip.ietf.org>

Jonathan Rosenberg wrote:
> 
> Consensus at IETF 52 was that we accept the proposal, that is, the
> current definitions and requirements in bis-05 stand. It is possible for
> implementations to be optimized to not use the URLs as call-leg indices,
> and for replaces to be defined without it, as has been pointed out.

Jonathan:

Not dissenting, just a clarification...

Let me recap: your proposal was that the dialog be identified with Call-ID, 
To tag and From tag only (drop URIs in the From and To).  Right?

Bis-05 defines a Dialog to include Call-ID, "local address" and "remote
address" where "local address" and "remote address" *include* the URIs.

So, was consensus at IETF 52 to accept the proposal as defined in -05bis
(include URIs) or what you proposed (do not include URIs, only tags)?

Regards,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani  vkg@{lucent.com,research.bell-labs.com,acm.org}
Internet Software and eServices Group 
Lucent Technologies/Bell Labs Innovations, 2000 Lucent Lane, Rm 6G-440
Naperville, Illinois 60566     Voice: +1 630 224 0216   Fax: +1 630 713 0184

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip