Subject: [Sip] resolving open issues in bis!

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 16:04:24 -0500

Folks,

The clock is ticking on the 3gpp R5 freeze date, and much remains to be done
to resolve the open issues in the bis spec. Fortunately, the vast majority
are relatively minor, and it is my hope to wrap these up in short order. So,
I will be doing a few things:

1. sending out a series of notes on the list, covering each open issue and
where we stand, along with a proposal for a resolution. I did some of this
in the past, and will now focus on that once more to get these resolved.

2. We will be discussing these issues at the sip meeting as well during SLC

I would STRONGLY ENCOURAGE participants to keep these threads focused. There
are some on this list that tend to pull discussions in various unrelated
directions, to the detrement of forward progress. With these threads, my
tolerance for that will be low, and I will do whatever needs to be done to
ensure focus and forward progress on these issues. I also encourage people
to comment on these issues if they have input. Even a simple "I agree with
the proposed resolution" would help in gauging consensus.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip