Subject: [Sip] Re: SIP WG - 4 - Last Call Review - draft-ietf-sip-refer-02.txt

From: "Daniel G. Petrie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 18:55:29 -0500

I think the REFER draft is looking very solid.  The following are
are only minor nits/comments:

The Refer-To header should probably have some text line the To, From and Contact
in the bis like: If the addr-spec form of a SIP URL is used and it contains ; or
other special character, the name-addr form should be used.

A nit on section 3.1: The reference to “Contact header” in the second paragraph
is perhaps a little ambiguous between the header in the REFER and the header in
the SIP URL in the Refer-To header.

Where is the Content-Type: message/sipfrag defined?  There is no reference in
section 5 on IANA.  The example messages show a syntax with a Version
parameter.  This parameter is not defined.  I assume this correlates to the SIP
version number.

Section 3.5.3.1: I suggest adding some text like:
The UA MAY send NOTIFY requests with provisional status.  The UA that issued the
REFER MUST be prepared to receive NOTIFY requests with provisional status and
respond with successful 2xx response, if it wishes to receive the NOTIFY request
with the final status.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 22:40:56 -0500

> From: Daniel G. Petrie [mailto:[email-masked]]
<snip>
> parameter.  This parameter is not defined.  I assume this 

draft-sparks-sip-mimetypes-01.txt

<snip>