Subject: [Sip] PRACK question

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 14:48:14 +0200

Hi,

Chapter 6.2 in the PRACK draft (draft-ietf-sip-100rel-04) says that if
an UAS sends a final response it SHOULD continue to retransmit any
outstanding provisional responses until they are PRACKed.

My question:

If the final response is a non-200 response, SHOULD the UAS still
continue to retransmit the provisional responses? Yes, in most cases one
could argue that this is a pure implementation issue. 

However, if the INVITE is CANCELled (the draft doesn't mention that
scenario), and a 487 final response is sent for the INVITE, according to
the draft the provisional responses SHOULD still be retransmitted. Is
there really a need for that?

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip