Subject: [Sip] What does a refresh request update

From: Mayer Georg ICM N PG SP ST SN 1 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 10:43:21 +0100

Hello,

regarding the refresh requests in the bis05:

When sending a refresh request, does this only update the
Contact-Information of the initially recorded route or is it possible to
change also the route? It is stated, that refresh requests shall include a
record-route header, although they might go along an already recorded route.
So I would assume they can also change the lists/sequence of proxies between
the users.

Thanks for your support.
Georg

_______________________________________________________
Georg Mayer - Siemens AG
Information and Communication Mobile
ICM N PG SP ST SN1
Hofmannstr. 51, 81359 Munich, Germany
Fon: +49-89-722-33114
Fax: +49-89-722-62250
Mobile: +49-172-5371233
Email: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 09:56:18 -0500

Mayer Georg ICM N PG SP ST SN 1 wrote:

> change also the route? 

The information from the record-routes does not change, only the 
contact. Otherwise, proxies would be forced to record-route all the time 
to stay on the path, and this would introduce backwards compatibility 
issues.

-Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan Rosenberg, PhD                 72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com