Subject: [Sip] Help Required - "ISUP to SIP Mapping"

From: Rudra Dutta <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 16:45:02 +0530

Dear sir,
    I have some doubts in the draft "ISUP to SIP Mapping" ( you can find
this in the following site
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-isup-00.txt ).
Any help from anyone will be appreciated.
My questions are listed below:

    1) In section 6.1.1, page 9 - what type of audio (for e.g.
announcement) can flow through unidirectional audio path shown in the
figure, i.e. the audio path between IAM and ACM messages and between 18x
and PRACK messages?

    2) In section 7.1.1, page 25 - what type of audio (for e.g.
announcement) can flow through unidirectional audio path shown in the
figure, i.e. the audio paths between IAM and ACM messages and between
18x and PRACK messages?

    3) How announcement can be made before the establishment of a
session in SIP-PSTN setup ? (for e.g. 'one have 30 more minutes to
call')

    3) PRACK is not defined in rfc2543. When PRACK is required ?

    4) What can be passed through INFO method ?

    5) How billing information's can be passed to users (specially
pre-paid ones) ? Can INFO method be used for this purpose ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Rudra Dutta
Alumnus Software Limited
Kolkata, India