Subject: [Sip] (no subject)

From: "Keith Robinson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 17:15:22 +0000

Hello,

     This question may already have been dealt with, so my apologies if it
has.

Anyway, in 16.4 (Making A Routing Decision) the text states that when a
bis07 proxy detects that the received R-URI is one that it would have
written into the Record-Route header then it must replace it with that last
entry of the Route header and continue as if this was the received R-URI.
It also says that this will only happen if the previous element was a
strict router. If all the preceding elements were strict routers then the
last entry in the Route header would not be the target URI as none of the
previous element would have appended it; indeed there may not be a last
entry as the list may be empty.  How is this situation handled, or am I
missing something ?

Thanks,

K. Robinson

------------
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system. Do not copy this e-mail or any attachments, use the contents for any purpose, or disclose the contents to any other person: to do so could be a breach of confidence.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Bob Penfield" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 14:02:22 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Robinson" <[email-masked]>

> entry as the list may be empty.  How is this situation handled, or am I

In this case, the UAC will construct the route headers the same way whether
it understands loose routing or not. A pre-bis-06 UA would put the route set
plus the contact address (the real/target Request-URI) in the route header.
A bis-06/07 compliant UA will add the contact address to the route headers
when it recognizes that the first route entry is a strict-router.