Subject: [Sip] Retry-After delta-seconds NIT in bis08

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 04:23:37 +0000

In section 14.2 (line 2321-2324) Retry-After is 
described as having a value in units of 10 ms.  Thus it 
seems that a decimal value of Retry-After is possible.

However, in the BNF, delta-seconds is defined as 1*DIGIT 
(no decimal point) (line 5704)  Thus is seems that only 
a whole number of seconds is possible.

I know this is small, but these two inconsistent 
descriptions should probably be normalized if possible.

Corey

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 03:03:35 -0500

> descriptions should probably be normalized if possible.

YIKES!!!!

This is no nit. This is fundamentally incorrect text in section 14.2.
The whole idea of using a new response code (491) is that we wouldn't
need to convey the retry intervals in a retry-after header, since its
granularity is too coarse (seconds). Thus, all of the text in here on
Retry-After is wrong. There is no Retry-AFter in 491. I will correct
this section. My apologies for not properly verifying the edits made
into the spec.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com