Subject: [Sip] Section 5.2 of manyfolks

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 19:18:11 +0200

Hello,

Bill has requested me to send a mail to the mailing list in order to
bring your attention to section 5.2 of manyfolks (desired strength
paragraph). We have changed the way the strength tag is negotiated by
the UAs. In manyfolks 03 the answerer could downgrade it, but now it can
only upgrade it.

I introduced this change because it allows an answerer to request qos
preconditions for an offer that did not have them but supported them.
This reduces the number of RTTs needed.

Bill is happy with this decision, but he thought an explanatory note to
the mailing list would be needed.

Regards,

Gonzalo

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip