Subject: [Sip] NAT, FIREWALLS, Endpoint Addressing

From: "Christopher P Rigano" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 13:04:51 -0600

Are there any resources to further describe how IP addressing is being
addressed for the following?
1.	SIP Call Control Source addressing through firewalls.
2.	SIP Call Control addressing through NAT.
3.	SIP Call Control UDP/IP addressing through firewalls.
4.	SIP Call Control UDP/IP addressing through NAT.
5.	Bearer/Speech Path through Firewalls, specifically RTP/RTCP port
reconciliation.
6.	Bearer/Speech Path through NAT, specifically RTP/RTCP port
reconciliation.
 
Thanks and regards,
 
Chris

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 14:20:05 -0500

You can find a plethora of material on this topic. Some of the documents
include:

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sipping-nat-scenarios-00.txt
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-nat-01.txt
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-midcom-stun-00.txt
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-midcom-turn-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp4nat-00.txt
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-davies-fw-nat-traversal-01.txt
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sen-midcom-fw-nat-00.txt

also, see every document written for the midcom working group.

Enjoy,
Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip