Subject: [Sip] [Sip]Question on Section 16.5 Section 7

From: "George Foti (LMC)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 14:56:58 -0500

Hi,

I am quoting second paragrapgh of step 7, pdf version lines 2724-2729:

In the absence of such an overriding mechanism, the proxy applies the
procedures listed in [4] as follows to determine where to send the request.
If the proxy has reformatted the request to send to a strict-routing element
as described in step 6 above, the proxy MUST apply those procedures to the
Request-URI of the request. Otherwise, the proxy MUST apply the procedures
to the first value in the Route header field, if present, else the
Request-URI.
My question: 
Is the Request-URI refered to in the last line the same as the one placed in
the target set in section 16.5 . In general, the relation between that step
and what got placed in the target set (section 16.5) is unclear.
Regards.
George Foti
Ericsson Canada

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 14:14:32 -0600

The Request-URI referred to is the Request-URI in the request at that point
in processing.

The step you are looking at gets run on a copy of the message for each
URI placed in the target set. The URI was taken from the target set and
placed in the Request-URI of the copy in step 2.

RjS