Subject: [Sip] comments on UPDATE

From: Rohan Mahy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 13:45:45 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

Hi,

comments on UPDATE below.  I'm concerned about the Reason header.  I think
maybe we should put it in sip-events?  Also the Requires header stuff
bothers me.  anyway...

thanks,
-rohan

comments on UPDATE below:

page 4 last para:   ... the request is generally acceptable    , the
procedures
                                                             ^
insert
          "or would result in a non-repairable error"

page 5 paras 2 and 3:  I think sending the Reason header is a MUST.  This
is being pulled out so that REFER can also reference it?  Maybe this needs
to go in bis or sip-events?

page 5 para 4:  i think the Require here is totally unnecessary and I
would even go so far as to make it a MUST NOT or SHOULD NOT.

page 6 para 7:  i get no sense of why the UAS would repond with a session
description in a 155.  is this a 488?

page 6 last sentence:  please re-emphasize this last sentence in the
offer/answer section

section 6.2 2nd para:  if the dialog state is non-existent there is no way
to route the UPDATE to the UAS

page 10, first para:  I don't think you can do this.  If the proxy sends
the same request with a different branch, won't the UA still treat this as
a retransmission?

NITS:

global:
s/a Accept/an Accept/

page 2 2nd para: 1st sentence append: "while the dialog is still an early
dialog"

       2nd para: 3rd sentence   s/call is answered/dialog is in the
confirmed state/

       2nd para: last line s/call/dialog/

page 2 3rd para: s/ther/there/   and   s/service at the proxy/forking
service at the proxy/

page 2 4th para: s/before a response/before a final response/
page 4 3rd sentence:  append "it"

page 4 8th sentence: s/it is answered/the UPDATE request is answered/

page 4 2nd para from bottom: s/5.3.1 is performed/5.2.1 is performed/

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip