Subject: [Sip] Warnings headers in requests.

From: "Fairlie-Cuninghame, Robert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 15:28:47 -0800

Hi all,

Warning headers are currently only allowed in SIP responses. However Warning
headers relate important information about errors or unknown entities in
session description bodies. Given that an SDP-offer may appear in the INVITE
200 OK, doesn't it make sense that Warnings can also be placed into
requests, for instance, in an ACK request. 

Also, are Warnings restricted only to errors stemming from application/sdp
message bodies. Is it reasonable for Warning's to be used for errors
stemming from other message body Content-Types? 

If so, given that a NOTIFY request is effectively the only reliable response
to a SUBSCRIBE request, Warning headers should also be allowed in NOTIFY
requests. [Here's another Last Call comment for you Adam. :)]

Regards,

Robert.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 18:09:30 -0500

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Fairlie-Cuninghame, Robert [mailto:[email-masked]]
>

I see no reason why "Warning" headers can't appear in NOTIFY
requests. Accordingly, I've modified the table to allow this.

Any objections should be raised at this time, as WGLC ends tomorrow.

/a