Subject: [Sip] comments on draft-ietf-sip-rfc2543bis-07.9

From: "Bob Penfield" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:46:38 -0500

Here are my comments (so far) on bis-07.9. Mostly nits.

line 526: having "(sip:[email-masked])" immediately follow "SIPS URI" might
mislead people into thinking it is an example SIPS URI instead of a SIP URI.

line 731: Do we need a definition of "Remote Target"?

line 853-856: The sentence "Multiple header field rows with the same
field-name MAY be present in a message if and only if the entire field-value
for that header field is defined as a comma-separated list (that is, if
follows the grammar defined in Section 7.3)" does not make sense to me. I
think the sentence that follows it says what it was trying to say. I suggest
removing this sentence and placing "Multiple header field rows with the same
field-name MAY be present in a message." before "The relative order ...." at
line 853.

line 890: Does the fact that the '=parameter-value' part is optional (e.g.
the lr parameter) need to be expressed here?

line 997: s/MUST support the SIP and URI/MUST support the SIP URI/

line 1059-1060: suggest adding a "see section 10.2 and 10.3" to point the
reader to REGISTER CSeq rules/usage.

line 1098 & 1100: does it need to say "SIP or SIPS URI" instead of just "SIP
URI"?

line 1286 says "if the request has no To tag", but line 1287 includes "To
tag" in the match. Also, "(including tags)" is no longer needed if we're
only comparing the tags. Or do we need to keep the full To/From header
comparison for the Merged Request test?

line 1610-1611 suggests a default of one hour, but line 1726 indicates a
locally-configured default. Since 1610-1611 really mean what the
UAS/Register should assume, but section 10.2.1.1 is about how a client
constructs a request, 1610-1611 should be removed. If we want to suggest a
default of one hour, it should be mentioned near line 1726.

Line 1626 says that the "*" contact allows a UA to remove *its* bindings,
but actually all bindings from all UAs will be removed. Also, you may want
to add "for the address-of-record" after "all registrations" at line 1624 so
that it is clear that all bindings from all UAs are removed.

line 1729 & line 4299: s/Registration Too Brief/Interval Too Brief/

That's all for now. I'll probably have more tomorrow.

cheers,
(-:bob

Robert F. Penfield
Chief Software Architect
Acme Packet, Inc.
130 New Boston Street
Woburn, MA 01801
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip