Subject: [Sip] Small bits on sip-srv

From: Brazier Lachlan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 11:13:39 +0100

Hello,

some bits I've seen while reading the draft draft-ietf-sip-srv-05.txt

4.1 Third paragraph: 
Similarly, if no TARGET is specified, and the TARGET is not numeric,...

No TARGET, and it's even not numeric. Am I missing something?

4.1 - page 9 - second paragraph:
The reason s It is not necessary ....

4.2: third paragraph:
The client SHOULD try the one of the records.

Which one? The first, isn't it?

Bye
Lachlan

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 01:56:30 -0500

> Similarly, if no TARGET is specified, and the TARGET is not numeric,...

Oops. That should be "if no transport is specified".

> The reason s It is not necessary ....

This is what happens when you edit documents at 4 in the morning. THis
is a copy paste leftover. The sentence should start with "it is not
necessary"

> Which one? The first, isn't it?

It doesn't really matter, since there is really no prioritization
supported with just A records. But, try first is probably best. I
changed to indicate that.

Thanks for your comments,

Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip