Subject: [Sip] removal of 100rel from bis

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 18:12:33 -0500

It was out. Then it was in. Now it is going to be out again.

The section on reliability of provisional responses is going to be
removed from bis-08. The reasons have very little to do with technology.
Rather, it is in the interests of maintaining bis as an open and clean
specification as it has always been; something that people can implement
without obstacles. 

There will be no change in the specifications, only in which documents
they 
appear in. draft-ietf-sip-100rel will come back to life, and go to RFC
along 
with bis and the other key drafts. Furthermore, the last call on 100rel
will
extend backwards in time, starting with the last call of bis.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip