Subject: [Sip] Different From tags in INVITEs

From: "Badri Srinivasan S" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 12:24:41 +0530

Hi:

section 19.3 , line 3988 of bis 07.9 says, "Two INVITE's for different calls
will have different From tags"..
I am not able to understand this necessity as the Call-Id will any way be
different and the combination of CallId+From tag + To tag will be unique for
that dialog.
sorry if i had misunderstood. please clarify.

Thanks,
Badri

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 03:40:37 -0500

I answered this quesiton on the list just a few days ago. Please check
the archives.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com