Subject: [Sip] Draft Naming Conventions

From: Rohan Mahy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 17:41:31 -0800 (PST)

Hi Folks,

In the next few days, many of you will submit Internet Drafts.  Please
remember that per the Transport Area SIP change policy all new proposed
extensions, requirements, and usage drafts should go through the SIPPING
WG.

This means that if you have a proposed extension that is not already a SIP
WG Milestone, it needs to be submitted with a file name like this

	draft-lastname-sipping-description-00.txt

for example:  draft-mahy-sipping-gaming-reqs-00.txt
would be an appropriately named draft for internet gaming requirements on
the SIP protocol.

Please note that merely submitting an internet draft does not result in
discussion time for your draft at a meeting.   Meeting time in the SIP WG
is for chartered work only, and meeting time in SIPPING is for discussion
of work already discussed on the mailing list (and must be requested).
Requests for Agenda time in SIPPING are being tracked on the SIPPING
supplemental website:

	http://www.softarmor.com/sipping/meets/ietf53/requests.html

many thanks,
-rohan

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip