Subject: [Sip] Change of Editor for draft-ietf-sip-manyfolks-resource

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 00:26:12 -0600

My apologies if you receive two of these. I clearly remember sending it 
earlier in the day, but it never seemed to show up in my inbox.
---------------------

RFC 2418 defines the role of document editor as follows:

6.3. Document Editor

   Most IETF working groups focus their efforts on a document, or set of
   documents, that capture the results of the group's work.  A working
   group generally designates a person or persons to serve as the Editor
   for a particular document.  The Document Editor is responsible for
   ensuring that the contents of the document accurately reflect the
   decisions that have been made by the working group.

   As a general practice, the Working Group Chair and Document Editor
   positions are filled by different individuals to help ensure that the
   resulting documents accurately reflect the consensus of the working
   group and that all processes are followed.

The document draft-ietf-sip-manyfolks-resource was adopted by 
the SIP Working Group of the IETF as an official group effort following 
a request by the original editors that it be so adopted, and has been
revised several times (currently version-03) under the change control
policy of the SIP Working Group.

The Chairs of the SIP Working Group and Directors of the Transport Area haved 
determined that the time pressure is too great for the document to be 
completed (given recent consensus on changes) in time under the present 
editorship.  Therefore we are changing the editorship immediately, starting 
from the current (-03) text of draft-ietf-sip-manyfolks-resource.

Gonzalo Camarillo has volunteered to serve as lead editor for further work on 
this document, and is asked to do so immediately and until further notice.
 
The chairs wish to thank the previous editorial team, led by Bill Marshall, 
for their contributions in developing this document. Bill's name will remain 
in the authorship list.

--
The Chairs
Brian Rosen, Joerg Ott, Dean Willis
The ADs
Allison Mankin, Scott Bradner

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip