Subject: [Sip] bis-07: conflicting statements on route refresh

From: "Bob Penfield" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 11:09:03 -0500

There are conflicting statements about what a "route refresh request" can
change.

Line 1862 says "A route refresh request sent within a dialog is defined as a
request that can modify the route set of the dialog."

However, line 1951 says "Route refresh requests only update the dialog's
remote target URI, and not the route set formed ..."

Based on the backward compatibility note at 1952, the statement at 1862
should be modified or clarified.

cheers,
(-:bob

Robert F. Penfield
Chief Software Architect
Acme Packet, Inc.
130 New Boston Street
Woburn, MA 01801
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 12:44:41 -0500

> should be modified or clarified.

Yup. Again, another artifcat of the split of contact out of the route
set, into a new element, called the remote target. Indeed, based on
this, the name "route refresh request" is entirely wrong; it doesn't
affect the route set at all as defined now! Thus, we will rename it to
something more suitable, say "target refresh request", and make sure the
inconsistencies are straightened out.

THanks,
Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com