Subject: [Sip] draft-ietf-sip-refer-02

From: Brazier Lachlan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:30:04 +0100

Hello,
sorry if these questions have occured before.

1) Page 6: Is a "SIP INVITE URL" a normal sip url which results in a INVITE
request? This means, a sip URL results in a INVITE request when not stated
otherwise through a parameter in the Refer-to header?

2) "REFERs occurring outside an existing dialog effectively create a new
dialog following the behavior of SUBSCRIBE specified [2]."

a) 
When a Proxy inserts a Record-Route header into the REFER request, and the
Refer-To header contained a SIP INVITE URL, does the resulting INVITE
request follow the Route set established by the REFER?

OR

b) 
If the proxy wants to be in the route of the resulting INVITE request, does
it need to add a Route header parameter to the Refer-To header?
Example:
Refer-To: sip:[email-masked]?Route: p1.atlanta.com

Is a proxy allowed to change the Refer-To header?

3) How long is a dialog opened with a REFER request? Until the response to
the NOTIFY was received? That's what I would think.

Thanks
Lachlan