Subject: [Sip] Question on draft-ietf-sip-100rel-05.txt

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:19:49 +0200

Hi,

A question on draft-ietf-sip-100rel-05.txt.

Chapter 3 says:

"The UAS MAY send a final response to the initial request before
having recevied PRACKs for all unacknowleged reliable provisional
responses, unless any of the unacknowleged reliable provisional
responses contained a session description. In that case, it MUST NOT
send a final response until those provisional responses are
acknowledged."

If the UAS will generate a non-2xx response, does it still have to wait
for a PRACK if the provisional response contained a session
description?  Why?

Ie if the UAC wants to CANCEL the INVITE (a 487 final response will be
sent), and receives a provisional response with a session description,
why does it have to generate an answer/PRACK to that before it sends the
CANCEL? There isn't going to be a session in any case...

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 01:45:06 -0500

Christer Holmberg wrote:
> description? 

No, actually. This is just for 2xx. I will fix.

-Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com