Subject: Re: [Sip] (no subject)

From: "Keith Robinson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:09:14 +0000

Hello,

I see a problem here.

The contact address that the UAC would put at the end of the route headers
is the contact address that was supplied by the terminating UA in a 200 OK
response; this is not necessarily the same as the original R-URI that was
sent in the original INVITE, it may simply be an IP address. I think it is
the original R-URI that the loose routing proxies are interested in, either
for resolving to the correct internal state machine (along  with the from
and to headers) or deciding which terminating services to execute.

Regards,

K. Robinson

"Bob Penfield" <[email-masked]> on 02/11/2002 07:02:22 PM

To:   <[email-masked]>, "Keith Robinson" <[email-masked]>
cc:

Subject:  Re: [Sip] (no subject)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Robinson" <[email-masked]>

> Hello,
>
>      This question may already have been dealt with, so my apologies if
it
> has.
>
> Anyway, in 16.4 (Making A Routing Decision) the text states that when a
> bis07 proxy detects that the received R-URI is one that it would have
> written into the Record-Route header then it must replace it with that
last
> entry of the Route header and continue as if this was the received R-URI.
> It also says that this will only happen if the previous element was a
> strict router. If all the preceding elements were strict routers then the
> last entry in the Route header would not be the target URI as none of the
> previous element would have appended it; indeed there may not be a last
> entry as the list may be empty.  How is this situation handled, or am I
> missing something ?
>

In this case, the UAC will construct the route headers the same way whether
it understands loose routing or not. A pre-bis-06 UA would put the route
set
plus the contact address (the real/target Request-URI) in the route header.
A bis-06/07 compliant UA will add the contact address to the route headers
when it recognizes that the first route entry is a strict-router.

------------
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system. Do not copy this e-mail or any attachments, use the contents for any purpose, or disclose the contents to any other person: to do so could be a breach of confidence.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Bob Penfield" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 08:42:49 -0500

For subsequent requests in a dialog, the contact provided by the UA in a 200
OK is what the UAC wants to use for the target URI (last hop in the route).
If there are no route headers, the target URI is used as the R-URI.

If this is a new request with a pre-loaded route, the UA will put the target
URI (usually the same at the To header) as the last route header. This has
always been to only way to guarantee that the last hop in the route would
receive the R-URI the UAC intended.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Robinson" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "<sip" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 4:09 AM
Subject: Re: [Sip] (no subject)

> This e-mail and any attachments are confidential.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then
delete this message from your system. Do not copy this e-mail or any
attachments, use the contents for any purpose, or disclose the contents to
any other person: to do so could be a breach of confidence.