Subject: [Sip] comments on 100rel

From: Rohan Mahy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:41:25 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

Hi,

100rel flows very nicely in spite of being in again/out again.  specific
comments below.  most deal with consistency between section 3 and section
5.

thanks,
-rohan

comments on 100rel-04.9:

- page 2 first para:  append:

   "but are not sent reliably in RFC BBBB."

- page 5 first sentence:    If the PRACK contained a   body, ...
                                                   ^
insert:

  "session description, it is processed as described in Section 5 of this
document.
   If the PRACK instead containedany other type of"

- page 5 4th para:  revise the beginning as follows to make consistent
with Section 5:

Note that the UAS MAY send a final response to the initial request before
having recevied PRACKs for all unacknowleged reliable responses, unless
any of the unacknowleged reliable provisional response contained a session
description.  If the UAS does send a final response when reliable
responses are still unacknowledged, it SHOULD NOT.....

- section 4 first paragraph.  seems to missing a sentence between 100rel
and requests

page 7 para 3:  s/One an/Once an/

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:11:01 -0500

>    "but are not sent reliably in RFC BBBB."

Fixed.

>    If the PRACK instead containedany other type of"

Good point. Fixed.

> responses are still unacknowledged, it SHOULD NOT.....

Another good catch, thanks. Text now reads:

The UAS {\MAY} send a final response to the initial request before
having recevied {\PRACK}s for all unacknowleged reliable provisional
responses, unless any of the unacknowleged reliable provisional
responses contained a session description.  In that case, it
{\MUSTNOT} send a final response until those provisional responses are
acknowledged. If the UAS does send a final response when reliable
responses are still unacknowledged, it {\SHOULDNOT} continue to
retransmit the unacknowledged reliable provisional responses, but it
{\MUST} be prepared to process {\PRACK} requests for those outstanding
responses.  A UAS {\MUSTNOT} send new reliable provisional responses
(as opposed to retransmissions of unacknowledged ones) after sending a
final response to a request.

> - section 4 first paragraph.  seems to missing a sentence between 100rel

Grrr... one of the known converter bugs, which I now (finally) can
programmatically discover and eliminate. Its fixed, and I will check for
others before issuing -05.

> page 7 para 3:  s/One an/Once an/

Fixed.

Thanks for your comments,
Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com