Subject: [Sip] Question regarding event-04

From: "Chen, Xin (Xin)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 12:08:40 -0000

Hi,

Sorry to ask this questioin again if it was answered before. 

In 4.1.6.1, it says that the notifier sends 202 if it can not accepte the
subscribe immediately.

In 4.1.6.2, it says that 

		"Upon successfully accepting or refreshing a subscription,
notifiers MUST
		send a NOTIFY message immediately to communicate the current
resource state to the subscriber." 

and

		Note that a NOTIFY message is always sent immediately after
any 200-class
		response to a SUBSCRIBE request, regardless of whether the
subscription
		has already been authorized.

These sentences confuse me. So what is the real criteria to send the NOTIFY?
It is upon accepting a subscription or sent immediately unconditionally?

What happen if I receives a 202 and then gets a NOTIFY immediately, at that
moment, my subscribtion is accepted or not?

Thanks

Xin Chen

Lucent Technologies
Tel: +44 1793 883137
Mobile: +44 7799 034668

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 11:26:16 -0500

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Chen, Xin (Xin) [mailto:[email-masked]]
> 
> Hi,
> 

Correct.

> resource state to the subscriber." 

Correct.

> 		has already been authorized.

Correct.

> It is upon accepting a subscription or sent immediately 

Both. If a notifier does not yet know wheter it can authorize
a subscription, it would generally send a 202 response to the
INVITE, and a NOTIFY with a "Subscrition-State" header of
"pending".

Once the subscription is authorized, it would send a second
NOTIFY, this time with a "Subscription-State" header of
"active".

> moment, my subscribtion is accepted or not?

You'd need to check the "Subscription-State" header in
the NOTIFY to know the answer to that question.

Note that I answered the question for the general case.
For privacy reasons, SIMPLE treats authorization in a
slightly different fashion; see section 6.2 of the
events draft.

/a