Subject: [Sip] Comments on section 20 Usage of HTTP Authentication in bis-07

From: "Hisham Khartabil" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 19:04:19 +0200

Line numbers refer to the pdf version.

Section 20.1
-lines 3746 to 3751: I believe this paragraph should mention something about
the handling of ACK for a 401/407 response to an INVITE. It is recommended
that no state should be kept for unauthenticated requests (transactions).

Section 20.2
- lines 3774 and 3784: the first line talks about parameters applicable to
the Request-URI and the second talks about credentials for the To field. So,
which one is it for? or are they 2 different things and I am just lost here?

Section 20.3
- line 3856: "When a proxy server issues a challenge in response to a
request, it will not proxy the request until the UAC has provided valid
credentials". Better to read "When a proxy server issues a challenge in
response to a request, it will not proxy any new request from that UAC until
it has been provided valid credentials".

- lines 3869 to 3872: So what happens? Does the UAC include multiple
Authorization / Proxy-Authorization headers in the new request for the same
realm? I say yes. This needs to be mentioned.

Regards,
Hisham Khartabil

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip