Subject: [Sip] Bis-8: merged requests

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 10:54:34 +0200

Hi,

A small comment on merged requests.

Chapter 8.2.2.2 says:

"If the request has no tag in the To header field, the UAS core MUST
 check the request against ongoing transactions. If the To tag, From
 tag, Call-ID, CSeq exactly match (including tags) those associated
 with an ongoing transaction, but the branch-ID in the topmost Via
 does not match, the UAS core SHOULD generate a 482 (Loop Detected)
 response and pass it to the server transaction."

The text doesn't say anything about the value of the Request-URI. I
think we all know it may be different in the merged request, but
shouldn't it be mentioned
in the text, since the Request-URI after all IS one of the transaction
mapping parameters?

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 02:45:33 -0500

> in the text, since the Request-URI after all IS one of the transaction

What it really needs to say is that if the request does not match that
ongoing transaction, based on the transaction matching rules in Sextion
XXX, the UAS core SHOULD .....

I'll fix.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com