Subject: [Sip] Comments on section 21 S/MINE in bis-07

From: "Hisham Khartabil" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 19:29:36 +0200

Line numbers refer to the pdf version.

Section 21.1
- All SHOULDs and MAYs in the last 2 paragraphs of this section should be
lower case. They are not protocol related.

Section 21.3
- line 4036: the sentence is incomplete in the .txt version.

Section 21.4.1.1
- Its true that Via can be modified by a proxy, but at least the sent-by
field can be checked.

Section 21.4.1.2
- lines 4064 to 4067: So, are the outer headers used to identify a dialog
(session)? Are the outer ones used to compute the Branch-id? this needs to
be mentioned at the end of that paragraph. BTW, it should mention somewhere
that the TU is the one who decrypts (if I haven't missed it).

Section 21.4.2
- line 4098: "In order to eliminate possible confusions about the addition
or subtraction of entire headers, senders SHOULD replicate all headers from
the request within the signed body". "replicate" gives the false impression
that the outer header values shouldn't be changed. It should read "In order
to eliminate possible confusions about the addition or subtraction of entire
headers, all outer headers SHOULD reappear in the inner message, some header
values MAY differ".

- line 4102: "or" should be "and".

Section 21.4.3
- This section talks about tunnelling encrypted SIP messages with
content-type of message/sip. It also talks about how a From header can have
anonymous. Yet, the example does not reflect that at all, it only has a
normal encryption of SDP. This example should perhaps be moved to section
21.3 and a new example put here that reflects the discussion.

Regards,
Hisham Khartabil

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip