Subject: [Sip] Multiple REFER requests in a dialog, Event header ?

From: "Samir Srivastava" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 08:51:10

Hi,
  draft-ietf-sip-refer-2.
Under section 3.5.3.3 second para

"Thus, for the second and subsequent REFER requests a UA receives
in a given dialog, it MUST include a cseq parameter in the Event
header. "
  Why don't we have above approach irrespective of the no of
occurence in the call. That is for the Ist REFER, it should also
have the Cseq in the event header. This will be uniform approach
from the UA prespective. If there is any reason about this, pl
mention it in a line or two.

Thx
Samir

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 08:41:20 -0600

It was introduced as an (at the time) last minute fix - allowing
those people who had already implemented systems that would only
send one REFER to not modify their code.

In the interim, we discovered the same problem lived in the
events draft, leading to the introduction of the "id" parameter.
In sip-events, if the value in the Event header field of a
SUBSCRIBE request contains an "id" parameter, it must be reflected
in the Event header fields of NOTIFYs corresponding to that subscription.

For alignment, we should probably use "id" instead of "cseq" as the
parameter name in REFER. The value of the parameter will still be the
CSeq of the REFER that brought the implicit subscription into being.

Having fewer exceptions also argues for including this parameter in
ALL NOTIFYs to Event: refer, not just NOTIFYs for the second and
subsequent implicit subscriptions in a dialog.

Comments?

RjS