Subject: [Sip] Re: [Sip-implementors] bis-07 now available

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 21:06:01 +0530

Hi,
  A minor typo in the draft-ietf-sip-rfc2543bis-07.txt draft.

(Section 7.3.1, Page 23)
"The exception to this rule are the Authorization, Proxy-Authorization,
Proxy-Authenticate and
Proxy-Authorization headers."
The Proxy-Authorization is mentioned twice.I think, one of them should be
WWW-Authenticate.

Rgds
-Seshu

[email-masked]
http://www.hssworld.com

Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]> on 02/04/2002 04:04:46 PM

To:   [email-masked], [email-masked]
cc:    (bcc: Seshashayi T/HSSBLR)

Subject:  [Sip-implementors] bis-07 now available

Folks,

After much toil, bis-07 is now available. You can pick it up from:

http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen/draft-ietf-sip-rfc2543bis-07.pdf
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen/draft-ietf-sip-rfc2543bis-07.txt
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen/draft-ietf-sip-rfc2543bis-07.ps

or

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-sip-rfc2543bis-07.txt
http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-sip-rfc2543bis-07.pdf
http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-sip-rfc2543bis-07.ps

It'll appear in the I-D editor archives shortly as well.

The PDF and PS have changebars and line numbers, as always.

Since there are no longer changes noted from the previous draft, here
are the changes:

1. single consolidated "changes from rfc2543" section, listing major
stuff.

2. BNF converted to rfc2234, countless bugs fixed based on comments

3. new loose route text incorporated. Please read this. The text is
different from what Robert had described on the list. Whilst
incorporating that text, we ran into a case that didn't work. TUrns out
the fix simplified the whole thing even further. Based on robert's note,
a proxy that wanted to route to a strict router would need to dig up the
first loose router in a route set, say A, and replace that route entry
with A, target, A, where target is the current r-uri. That is not the
case now; it simply appends the r-uri to the bottom-most route element.
This improves the backwards compatibility story, improves proxy
performance, and makes things much more self consistent. Proxy
processing of route/record-route is now shrunk considerably from bis-05
and bis-06.

4. split references into normative and non-normative.

5. incorporated text on generalized offer/answer mappings to SIP
requests and responses

6. Reduced usage of 70 as max-forwards value from MUST to SHOULD

7. Included fix for open issue #58. When UAS generates an offer in a 2xx
to re-invite,
it uses the broadest SDP possible that it belives will not be rejected
by its peer.

8. Added some S/MIME error cases.

9. Fixed normative strengths of S/MIME support (MUST for signed-data and
certs-only).

10. Strengthened TLS/IPSec wording (fixing nits).

11. S/MIME should now be able to reuse root CAs used to verify TLS/IPSec
keys.

12. Added brief statement to start of threat model section describing
threat environment.

13. Added eavesdropping to threats based on body modification.

14. clarified conditions under which multiple headers can be folded into
one header with comma separated values. Also pointed out exception for
the Auth headers.

15. Max-Forwards needs to be between 1 and 255.

16. Added anonymous username and password for digest.

17. Clarified usage of timestamp delay parameter.

THis document is now officially in working group last call!

-Jonathan R.

--
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com
_______________________________________________
Sip-implementors mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.cs.columbia.edu/mailman/listinfo/sip-implementors

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 18:12:48 -0600

This has been corrected - thanks!

RjS