Subject: [Sip] question on draft-ietf-sip-events-02

From: Torrey Searle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 23:56:56 +0100

in section 4.1.1 of the sip events draft it says that a 200 response to 
a SUBSCRIBE may lengthen or shorten the duration of a subscribtion.

in section 4.1.6.1 it says that a 200 response to a SUBSCRIBE can 
shorten the duration, but MUST not lengthen it.

It seems these two statements are in conflict, which one should be the 
correct statement to follow?

Torrey Searle
Indigo Software

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 00:08:32 -0500

We should be consistent on this with bis. Our conclusion was that the
duration of registrations cannot be increased, not reduced, and the same
should go for subscriptions.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 02:34:48 -0500

> duration of registrations cannot be increased, not reduced, and the same
                                                 ^^^
                                                  |
                                                 only
> should go for subscriptions.

Sorry about that,

Jonathan R.