Subject: [Sip] Table 2: Proxy-Require

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 18:55:37 +0200

Hi,

Another issue on table 2, which I also raised some months ago, related
to Proxy-Require.

According to the table, a proxy is not allowed to modify/add/remove the
Proxy-Require headers, or specific tags in the header.

However, if there is a specific extensioin required, which only one
proxy in the path needs to support, that proxy may then remove the
option-tag for other proxies to support the same extension.

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 14:13:02 -0500

> option-tag for other proxies to support the same extension.

Well, I don't like to encourage proxy-require usage, but since require
is already acr, proxy-require ought to be the same. So, I will change
unless someone objects.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com