Subject: [Sip] S/MIME in SIP

From: "Steffen Fries" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 08:33:50 +0100

Hi,

by reading the current SIP draft I've got a question. 
The S/MIME option described in the current bis-08 seems to be 
only thought for end-to-end usage. 
Is there any scenario/option where it would be used for 
securing messages hop-by-hop. If yes, how is this realised 
technically. 
For instance when a UA would send a message with S/MIME 
tunneled authentication and integrity to a Proxy, how does the 
Proxy determine that he is in charge of checking the integrity 
of the message and also to calculate an ICV for the next hop? 
This example assumes that all entieties have the appropriate 
certificates available.

Regards
	Steffen
___________________________________________________________
Steffen Fries,     Siemens AG, CT IC 3	
Otto-Hahn-Ring 6,  D-81730 Munich, Germany 
Phone:  (+49) 89 / 636-53403, Fax  :  (+49) 89 / 636-48000
Email:  [email-masked]
___________________________________________________________
    This email was written on 100% recycled bytes!

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip