Subject: [Sip] Clarification on overlapping transaction in bis07

From: "Sanjoy Sen"<[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 14:14:32 -0600

lines 1857-1860: A TU MUST NOT initiate a new regular transaction within a
dialog
   while a regular transaction is in progress (in either direction)
   within that dialog. If there is a non-INVITE client or server
   transaction in progress the TU MUST wait until this transaction
   enters the completed or the terminated state to initiate the new
   transaction.

What is the difference between these two sentences ?

What's the consensus on Open issue 113?

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 15:46:10 -0500

Sanjoy Sen wrote:
> 
> lines 1857-1860: A TU MUST NOT initiate a new regular transaction within
> a dialog

The second one helps clarify what "in progress" means. However, the
whole thing is out of date, since we did decide, based on #113, to allow
overlapping non-invite. We have already corrected this error.

Thanks,

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip