Subject: [Sip] Clarification as regards Expires Header in INVITE

From: "Venkatesh Venkataramanan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 17:28:02 -0800

Hi,

Per bis07, section 24.19, the Expires header is an integer number in
seconds. However section 13.3.1 of the bis (Processing of INVITE) indicates
that an UAS is supposed to respond with a 487 response for the INVITE if the
INVITE has "Expired". How would an UAS decide if the request has "expired"
if the Expires header is not expressed more like a "Date" header in the
request?

Regards,
Venkatesh

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Sankaran Narayanan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 20:56:50 -0500 (EST)

i think if there is a Date header, Date + Expires < Current will
give whats needed.