Subject: [Sip] bis-07 comment: Min-Expires header nit

From: "Drage, Keith (Keith)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 19:02:38 -0000

The current text of section 24.23 specifies:

		24.23 Min-Expires

		The Min-Expires header field conveys the minimum
registration expiration interval to a registrar. The header field contains a
decimal integer number of seconds. The use of the header field in a 423
(Registration Too Brief) response is described in Sections 10.2.8, 10.3, and
25.4.17.

As this header is only included in a response, then surely the 1st sentence
of the text should say something like

	...from a registrar...

Keith
Keith Drage
Lucent Technologies
Tel: +44 1793 776249
Email: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 00:44:08 -0500

inline:

> of the text should say something like

This text has already been reworded to allow reuse of this error code
for sip-events. The above text is too registrar specific. The new text
reads:

The \header{Min-Expires} header field conveys the minimum refresh
interval
supported for soft-state elements managed by that server. This 
includes \header{Contact} headers that are stored by a registrar. The
header
field contains a decimal
integer number of seconds from 0 to (2**32)-1.

-Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com