Subject: [Sip] About the transport of SIP

From: "陈尚兵" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 20:29:22 +0800

Hello,

I have read the RFC3261 and some I-Ds, and noticed the discussions about the "SIP Congestion 
Safety" and "The cost of UDP ". I have some questions:

1) Who can and How to determine what trasnport protocol will be adopted when a SIP element 
transmit a message to next hop?

2) Besides the problems such as Congestion Control, Transport layer fragmentation, head of 
line blocking, etc, are there any other features worth the whistle when different transport 
protocols adopted?

3) In a word, I want to have a comprehensive understanding about the transport of SIP. Can you
introduce some other stuffs or works to me ?

Thank you!

sbchen

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip