Subject: [Sip] Comment on Service Route Discovery

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 10:06:26 -0500

I have a small comment on the Service Route Discovery draft
(version -01).

Section 6.1 omits important information about how the client
behaves once a dialog is established. In particular: how does
the route stored at registration time interact with the route
stored when an INVITE response (or SUBSCRIBE response or NOTIFY
request) is received which contains "Record-Route" headers?
Does the "Record-Route" list *replace* the service route for
subsequent requests in that dialog? (This would seem the most
correct behavior). Similarly, if no "Record-Route" header is
received, the client *ignores* the "Service-Route" header for
the remainder of that dialog.

A more consise way of saying this is: service routes apply *only* to
requests sent outside of a dialog.

This should also be expanded in the proxy section: when the
proxy is included in a dialog-establishing message, it should
make sure that it record-routes if it wants to receive messages
for the remainder of the dialog.

If we don't define the mechanism this way, then the proxies have
no way to "drop out" of dialogs for which they have determined
they no longer have an interest.

/a
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip