Subject: [Sip] Final version of the overlap draft

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 15:16:51 +0300

Folks,

I have just submitted the 03 version of the overlap draft. Until it
appears in the archives, you can fetch it from:

http://standards.ericsson.net/gonzalo/papers/draft-ietf-sipping-overlap-03.txt

The diffs from previous versions are:

We have removed references to the COMET method (it does not exist
anymore).

Previous versions said that dialogs were identified by, among other
things, the whole To header field. Since now we only use tags, the text
has been fixed.

The draft does not define the 490 Request Updated status code anymore.
Since at last, this was the only draft using that status code, we do not
want to define a new status code for a mechanism (i.e., overlapping)
that is NOT RECOMMENDED.

We mention that native SIP user agents must not generate overlapped
signalling but that overlapped SIP signalling might land on a native SIP
user agent.

In section 3.4 we reduced the strength of the requirements for an
ingress gateway. Now it reads as follows:
"Therefore, overlap signaling cannot be used when attempting to reach
parts of the PSTN where it is possible for a number and some shorter
prefix of the same number to both be valid addresses of different
terminals. "

Note that the IETF last call for this draft finished August 5th.

Thanks,

Gonzalo
-- 
Gonzalo Camarillo         Phone :  +358  9 299 33 71
Oy L M Ericsson Ab        Mobile:  +358 40 702 35 35
Telecom R&D               Fax   :  +358  9 299 30 52
FIN-02420 Jorvas          Email :  [email-masked]
Finland                   http://www.hut.fi/~gonzalo

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip