Subject: [Sip] draft-ietf-sip-asserted-identity-02.txt: ppi from trusted entity

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 11:00:09 +0530

Hi,

Section 6 does not seem to explicitely specify proxy's behaviour when
p-preferred-identity header is received by a proxy from a trusted entity:

a)preferred identity corresponds to a valid identify known to the proxy for
that user.
-MUST the proxy use this identity or  MAY it ? I assume it MUST.
b)preferred identity does not correspond to a valid identity known to the
proxy for that user.
-Should the proxy behaviour be same as when the entity from which the
header was received is not trusted.

thanks
harsh

This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited (HSS) and is
intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.  It
may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be
circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended.  If
you have received this message in error, please notify the originator
immediately.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that
you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  HSS accepts no responsibility for loss or
damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email
including damage from virus.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip