Subject: [Sip] Info regarding Preloaded Route Set

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 18:15:35 +0530

Hi,

I have a doubt in using Pre-Loaded Route Set at UA end.

Let us say UA1 has a Pre-Loaded Route Set of  PR1, PR2, PR3.  (all routers
are strict routers)

UA1 initiates a call to UA2.

The INVITE looks like
          INVITE: PR1
          Route:    PR2, PR3, UA2

Now PR1 doesn't Record-Route.
          UA2 sends the RPR (182) response to UA1

          with Record-Route as   PR3, PR2

On receiving the Record-Route set,  UA1 updates its local Route-Set.
Now its Route Set contains  PR2, PR3 only.  Hence successive requests
directly reaches PR2.

Now if UA1 want to terminate the call by sending CANCEL,

     As per the latest Route Set present at UA1,  CANCEL should go to PR2
directly.
     It looks like
          CANCEL:  PR2
          Route:    PR3, UA2contact

This scenario leads to two questions:

     1   Is it valid to update the local Route Set at UA1 on receiving the
Record-Route header in RPR (not final response)
          and use it for subsequent Requests related to Dialog.

     2.  If YES: where should CANCEL go.   As per RFC 3261, CANCEL should
look like its original INVITE.
          But in this case, both Request URI and Route header got modified.
Is it valid??

         If No:  Before receiving the final response, if UA1 wants send
UPDATE to modify session parameters what Route-Set
          need to be used (i.e. Initial Route-Set or Route-Set received in
RPR).

provide your valuable inputs.

regards
CSR

This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited (HSS) and is
intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.  It
may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be
circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended.  If
you have received this message in error, please notify the originator
immediately.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that
you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  HSS accepts no responsibility for loss or
damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email
including damage from virus.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 16:35:42 +0300

Hi,

>      As per the latest Route Set present at UA1,  CANCEL should go to PR2

[CHH] I don't think so. The CANCEL shall be routed like the INVITE.

>           and use it for subsequent Requests related to Dialog.

[CHH] Yes. You may need it for requests (PRACK, UPDATE, INFO...) before you
have received the final response for the INVITE.

>           But in this case, both Request URI and Route header got modified.

[CHH] The CANCEL goes wherever the INVITE went, using the same route.

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland