Subject: Re: [Sip] Schedule for draft-rosenberg-sip-reg-00

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 04:41:20 -0500

I've just submitted an update to the registration event package. Until 
it appears in the archives, you can pick it up from:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-sipping-reg-event-00.txt

It incorporates the suggestions made by Mark on the list. Specifically, 
it has added a new event, called "shortened", which informs the 
subscriber that their registration interval has been shortened, and that 
they should re-register. It also adds an expires parameter that 
indicates the lifetime of the contact that is remaining.

I have kept the deactivated and expired events, as they were, which is 
the consensus on the list on this topic I believe.

Finally, I owe both Mark and the working group an apology on this draft. 
Mark's comments were made in July, and I provided no response or 
document update until now. I could make all the standard excuses, but I 
won't - its really just unacceptable.

I'd also like to acknowledge Rohan here, for providing some editing 
assistance in order to make sure this made it out the door in time for 
ietf 55.

I think this document is probably now ready for working group last call. 
There is not much controversial about it, and no open issues I am aware of.

-Jonathan R.

BECKMANN MARK wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I'd like to know what the planned schedule for the I-D
> draft-rosenberg-sip-reg is? There haven't been a lot of dicussions on the
> list about this draft. I think a revision is needed based on the comments
> raised in the following messages:
> 
> http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/sip/current/msg06113.html
> http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/sip/current/msg06118.html
> http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/sip/current/msg06124.html
> 
> Are there any plans yet when this draft is supposed to move to WG LC? The
> main reason I'm asking is that 3GPP needs this draft to finalise their
> Release 5 specifications.
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Mark
> 
> Mark Beckmann			Siemens AG
> 
> ICM MP P PS 4S2
> P.O.Box 100702			phone: +49 (5341) 906 1814
> D-38228 Salzgitter   		fax:   +49 (5341) 906 2010
> 
> mailto: [email-masked]
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
> This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
> Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
> Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip
> 

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip