Subject: [Sip] Registration Event Package vs. DEREGISTER method

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 21:38:48 +0900

Hello,

How do you think about defining new method for deregistration, namely
"DEREGISTER" ?

IMHO, I think we need not subscription to Registration event package right
after registration.

Is it reasonable and possible ?

Thanks in advance for your comment.

Brad

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 23:42:52 -0500

> How do you think about defining new method for deregistration, namely

Deregistration is already supported using REGISTER with Expires:0.

>
> IMHO, I think we need not subscription to Registration event package
>  right after registration.

Subscriptions to registrations are needed for the reasons desribed in
the document.

-Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip