Subject: [Sip] REFER and Reason

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:02:44 +0300

Hello,

It is probably too late for this comment, but just in case. Section
2.4.5 of the REFER spec says:

  "For
   example, if a client receives a REFER to a HTTP URL, and is
   successful in accessing the resource, its NOTIFY to the referrer can
   contain the message/sipfrag body of "SIP/2.0 200 OK".  If the
   notifier wishes to return additional non-SIP protocol specific
   information about the status of the request, it may place it in the
   body of the sipfrag message."

Additional non-SIP protocol information could be also returned in a
Reason header field. Something like:

Reason: HTTP ;cause=200 ;text="OK"

or

Reason: HTTP ;cause=404 ;text="Not Found"

This was one of the reasons why the protocol name space (HTTP is this
case) was introduced in the Reason header field. 

Regards,

Gonzalo
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip