Subject: [Sip] manyfolks comment

From: Jiri Kuthan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 00:33:06 +0100 (CET)

I think it would be useful to mention the special-case of forking in the
manyfolks draft. I think it is not entirely obvious and readers would
be certainly pleased if the document included a how-to on that.

imho, it takes initiating a PRACK transaction (and assuring preconditions)
to each destination which replied with 18x.

I'm not yet sure, what CSeq to set for all the PRACKs. Obviously, all UASs 
deserve CSeq(invite)+1 but the idea of sending multiple "parallel" transactions 
with the same CSeq is still surprising to me. 

Comments?

Thanks,

-Jiri

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 11:04:16 +0200

Jiri,

> to each destination which replied with 18x.

Yes, if you want to use preconditions, this is what you will most likely
do (assuming that you can reserve so much resources).

> with the same CSeq is still surprising to me.

The Cseq number spaces of different dialogs are independent. Even if all
the dialogs share the same Call-ID, they are still independent.
Therefore, there is nothing weird in sending the same Cseq to different
destinations.

If, in the future, we review the manyfolks spec, it may be worthwhile
mentioning that forking can interact with manyfolks... although I do not
see any big technical issue there.

Thanks for the comments,

Gonzalo

---

From: Jiri Kuthan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 10:23:07 +0100

>see any big technical issue there.

I agree -- it just did not seem so intuitively understandable and thus
worth mentioning to me.

-Jiri