Subject: [Sip] SIP Client Transaction

From: Vijay Gaur <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 14:53:56 -0500

Hi,
  RFC 3261 section "17.1.1.1 Overview of INVITE Transaction" specifies the
state machine for Client INVITE transaction. In the diagram if client
transaction state comes to proceeding after receiving 1xx message, no timers
are started. It is not specified that if no message is  received further in
this state, how this transaction will be terminated. There is no timer
specified to clear this transaction. Do we need to start timer B again in
this state and clear the transaction after timer B expiry?
Your feedback is appreciated.
Thanks,
Vijay
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 14:28:10 GMT

> Your feedback is appreciated.

Timer C can do this thing. If Timer C fires, the transaction will be killed.