Subject: [Sip] RFC 3398: REL cause

From: Sumit Garg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 11:19:15 -0500

According to the rfc 3398(SIP-ISUP mapping, section 7.1.3 and 7.2.2),for a
net to Phone call, when ACM timeout timer
 (T7- 20 - 30 s) expires, the ISUP leg  REL cause should be 102 (protocol
error, recovery on timer expiry) and corresponding SIP response should be
504 Server Timeout.
However, if one goes by Q.764 and table 1 of Q.850 the correct REL cause for
ISUP would be 31(normal unspecified)
and for the SIP leg it would then correspond to  480 (Temporarily
Unavailable). Apparently 102 is used mostly for
SUS-RES.

What should be the values used?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
Sumit Garg 
Aastra Telecom US
8 Federal Street 
Billerica, MA 01821 
978-436-4244
email: <<mailto:[email-masked]>> 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~