Subject: [Sip] Re: GRUU, device and un-REGISTER with *

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 22:45:00 -0500

Changed to sip, since I dont think this is a SIMPLE issue.

The meaning of Contact: * with Expires:0 remains unchanged; delete all 
contacts.

The change you are proposing would necessitate a Require in 
registrations, whereas the current gruu stuff is all backwards 
compatible and thus Supported is sufficient. I am disinclined to make 
such a change; we're not redefining the REGISTER operation as opposed to 
adding gruu, and I am unsure what real problem is being solved by such a 
change.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

Orit Levin wrote:

> Guys,
> Now when we have GRUU, device identifier and the expanded registration 
> procedure, what would be the meaning of un-REGISTER with *?
> It makes a lot of sense to un-REGISTER a specific device with all its 
> contacts at once. Some would say that it is more useful (and reasonable 
> from authentication/security point of view) than un-REGISTERing all the 
> devices of the same user at once.
>  
> I personally think that we need both semantics and the syntax for each 
> needs to be defined/agreed upon.
>  
> Thanks,
> Orit.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Technology Officer                    Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
dynamicsoft
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip