Subject: [Sip] Lack of QoS reservation resonsibility negotiation in RFC3312?

From: "Xin Chen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 14:09:35 +0100

Hi, 

I have a question regarding RFC3312 "Integration of Resource Management
and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)".

This specification seems only specify the negotiation of desired QoS
condition, e.g. e2e. However, I think it is lack of QoS reservation
responsibility negotiation.

Some QoS reservation protocol unlike RSVP, e.g. NSIS allow user agent to
reserve QoS for bi-directions, so if both SIP UAC and UAS support such
kind of QoS reservation protocol, for a SIP session with precondition of
e2e QoS, both UAC and UAS may attempt to reserve QoS for both
directions, then double reservations for the same media flow may occur,
and I think this is not a good thing and should be avoided.

So I think during SIP session setup, the responsibility of QoS
reservation (which side reserve with direction) shall also be
negotionated.

How do you think so?

Regards
 
Xin Chen
Mobile Network Division
Fujitsu Laboratories Europe
Tel: +44(0)2086064453
FJ coins: 795414453

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip