Subject: [Sip] Are we ready to WGLC identity-03?

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 17:58:06 -0500

I polled for comments on draft-ietf-sip-identity-03 a while back, and I 
think the only direct comment I saw back was from MAT and basically 
asked "How are the implementations going?"

Is anybody implementing this? I'll admit personally I need something 
like this in products I work with, but I know nothing about 
implementation plans. I'd also be intersted in hearing any details about 
variants that people do have implementation experience with, such as 
MASS-like approaches, if any.

Its a bit hard to judge consensus in a vacuum. I'll admit the material 
here is a bit esoteric, but it does have some serious real-world 
implications. Somebody out there has an opinion, I'm sure of it . . .

If you think STRONGLY that we either are, or are not, ready for a 
working group last call on this document, please speak up.

Thanks,

--
Dean
as SIP co-chair

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 10:31:33 -0700

There is open source code in www.resiprocate.org to compute the identity
hash.

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 13:56:08 -0500

I favor a WGLC of this draft sooner, rather than later.

RjS

On Oct 28, 2004, at 5:58 PM, Dean Willis wrote:

>
> I polled for comments on draft-ietf-sip-identity-03 a while back, and 
> I think the only direct comment I saw back was from MAT and basically 
> implementation plans. I'd also be intersted in hearing any details 
> about variants that people do have implementation experience with, 
> such as MASS-like approaches, if any.
>