Subject: [Sip] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-history-info-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:07:24 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: An Extension to the Session Initiation Protocol for Request History Information
	Author(s)	: M. Barnes
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sip-history-info-04.txt
	Pages		: 47
	Date		: 2004-10-25
	
This draft defines a standard mechanism for capturing the history 
   information associated with a SIP request.  This capability enables 
   many enhanced services by providing the information as to how and why 
   a call arrives at a specific application or user.  This draft defines 
   a new optional SIP header, History-Info, for capturing the history 
   information in requests. A new option tag, Histinfo, to be included 
   in the Supported header, is defined to allow UAs to indicate whether 
   the History-Info should be returned in responses to a request which 
   has captured the history information. A new priv-value, history, is 
   added to the Privacy header to allow for privacy handling of the 
   History-Info header.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-history-info-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sip-history-info-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-history-info-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 23:31:45 -0400

Hi all,

Since this version should be ready for WGLC, a very detailed list of the
changes is provided in the document, annotated as to the source, so I won't
repeat those details here.   The majority of the changes were the issues
discussed at IETF-60, along with the agreements there to change the text to
non-normative in section 4 (Protocol structure) and to add some detail per
Rohan's comment on the necessary processing should TLS not be available.  In
addition, I received some proposed changes on a marked up hardcopy at
IETF-61 from Eric Burger.  

The only items not discussed at IETF-60 were 2 items that came up on the
list (one posted by John Elwell on August 18th on handling of privacy in
responses) the other on Oct. 15th around the appropriate character format
for the escaped headers in the URI. And, as always, there are various minor
editorial changes here and there while I was "in the area".  So, there
should be no surprises with any of the changes, although, it is possible
that there are still errors and nits that can be identified during WGLC.   

Thanks,
Mary

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 3:07 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sip] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-history-info-04.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group
of the IETF.

	Title		: An Extension to the Session Initiation Protocol
for Request History Information
	Author(s)	: M. Barnes
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sip-history-info-04.txt
	Pages		: 47
	Date		: 2004-10-25

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type: