Subject: [Sip] Simultaneous SIP Transactions from one UA in the same dialog

From: Ragunath Devarasu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:53:02 -0700

Greetings:

I am trying to find what SIP spec. has to say for the following cases: Say,
UserA called UserB via P1, a Record Routing Proxy; UserA and UserB are
connected. 

1) UserA sends ReINVITE, and BYE to UserB before receiving response to
ReINVITE. I understand the UAS behavior is specified in the spec. What about
the Proxy behavior?

2) UserA sends REINVITE and OPTIONS at the same time to UserB. Is it
allowed?

Thanks
Ragunath

--- Snippet from sip spec ---
15.1 Terminating a Session with a BYE Request

15.1.2 UAS Behavior

   The UAS MUST still respond to any pending requests received for that
   dialog.  It is RECOMMENDED that a 487 (Request Terminated) response
   be generated to those pending requests.
---

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip