Subject: [Sip] draft on messaging, impersonation and identity

From: "Peterson, Jon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 00:30:39 -0400

I've written a new draft on the design space of providing identity services
to meet the threat of impersonation in messaging systems:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-peterson-message-identity-00.txt

It's a very long draft, since it tries to be a relatively complete analysis
of the problem space (though that much said, I am already aware of several
important omissions). Moreover, it tries to look at messaging at a high
level, rather than being specific to SIP. I created this draft for two
reasons, really. First, to show what the trade-offs are in the many possible
core designs of identity services that we've uncovered in our work here in
SIP. Second, I hope that it might be useful to others exploring designs for
identity mechanisms for other messaging systems.

I won't be seeking working group status for this draft here in the SIP WG,
but I thought it might be of interest. 

Jon Peterson
NeuStar, Inc.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip