Subject: [Sip] Some Advice about IPR bolierplate. USE THE NEW STUFF!

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 12:50:08 -0500

I've noticed that several of the drafts submitted in "the rush" before 
IETF 61 haven't had their IPR boilerplate updated. RFC 3667 and 3668 
revised the requirements for IETF publication. Please read them.

We should (ok, MUST) all start using the new format. If you use xml2rfc 
(and you should!) the newer versions will mostly take care of this for you.

Here's an example from a draft that used xml2rfc (Thanks, Eric!). Note 
the critical pieces under "Status of this Memo":

---------------------------------------

A Mechanism for Content Indirection in Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
Messages
draft-ietf-sip-content-indirect-mech-05

Status of this Memo

This document is an Internet-Draft and is subject to all provisions
of section 3 of RFC 3667. By submitting this Internet-Draft, each
author represents that any applicable patent or other IPR claims of
which he or she is aware have been or will be disclosed, and any of
which he or she become aware will be disclosed, in accordance with
RFC 3668.

Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
Task Force (IETF), its areas, and its working groups. Note that
other groups may also distribute working documents as
Internet-Drafts.

Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
time. It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."

The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt.

The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.

This Internet-Draft will expire on April 25, 2005.

Copyright Notice

Copyright (C) The Internet Society (2004).

------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip