Subject: [Sip] About 403 Forbidden

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:29:35 +0800

Hi all,

When I reading the RFC 3261, about 403 Forbidden description as following
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
7.4.4 403 Forbidden

   The server understood the request, but is refusing to fulfill it.
   Authorization will not help, and the request SHOULD NOT be repeated.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
>From above description, what is the request? From my view,I think that "the request" is Client. right or not? BTW, if yes, how to understand the sentence of "the request SHOULD NOT be repeated"

Thanks,  
Paul

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 10:52:39 -0600

On Dec 19, 2004, at 11:29 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

>> From above description, what is the request? From my view,I think 
>> that "the request" is Client. right or not? BTW, if yes, how to 
>> understand the sentence of "the request SHOULD NOT be repeated"
>>

UAC (User Agent Clients) originate requests, and UAS (User Agent 
Servers) respond to requests.

The phrase "the request" here refers to the SIP request message, such 
as INVITE, REGISTER, OPTIONS, NOTIFY, BYE, etc. that the UAS is 
responding to with a 403.

In short, if UA-1 sends an INVITE to UA-2 and UA-2 replies with a 403, 
then UA-1 should NOT retry the same INVITE.

--
dean