Subject: [Sip] History-Info: Summary of WGLC comments

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 17:57:59 -0500

Hi all,

WGLC for the draft-ietf-sip-history-info-04 ended on Nov 29th; the following
summarizes the comments received during that review period.  Some of them
were posted on the WG mailing list, whereas others were sent as individual
emails as they were primarily of editorial nature.  I have annotated the
sources below.

- Section 3, 3rd paragraph:  Change the phrase "The History-Info header is
added to a Request when a new request is created by a UAC or Proxy, or when
the target of a request is changed." to "The History-Info header is added to
a Request when a new request is created by a UAC or forwarded by a
Proxy...."  (this error was introduced in the rewrite of the -01 version of
the draft) [SP - individual email Nov. 18]

- Section 4.3.1:  Add text similar to that added for handling the reason in
section 4.3.3.1.2 (i.e .the UAC must also properly handle the Reason header
in responses).  [JRE-individual email Nov. 15]

- Section 4.3.3.1.1, lst paragraph, last statment:  change "...the proxy
MUST remove any hi-entry(s) prior to forwarding."
to:
"...the proxy SHOULD remove any hi-entry(s) prior to forwarding, depending
upon local policy and whether the proxy might know apriori that it can rely
on a downstream privacy service to apply the requested privacy." [WG mailing
list - conclusion posted on Nov. 17]

- Section 4.3.3.1.2, last paragraph : a "is" shall be added between "it" and
"associated" in the phrase "as it associated with the hi-targeted-to-uri
that has been retargeted, since it reflects the reason why the Request to
that specific URI was not successful"  [SP - individual email Nov. 18]

- Section 4.5 examples: 
  - Fix indexing (2 should have been 1.1, which affects the whole series).
[WG mailing list response to TS posted on Nov. 3rd]
  - Fix the 480 "timeouts" which should be 408s (note this error was
introduced with changes made in this section in the 03 version. [NC-
individual email Oct 31)
  - Fix missing " on the "Busy Here" on the INVITE to UA5 in 4.5.1. [NC-
individual email Oct 31]

I plan on submitting the updated draft by the end of the week, so that it's
ready for IETF LC/IESG review.  

Thanks for all who reviewed and commented on this draft.

Mary.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip