Subject: [Sip] Running ESC and proxy together

From: Nils Ohlmeier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 21:30:02 +0100

Hello,

section 7. of RFC3903 states that the ESC should include PUBLISH in the Allow 
header of an OPTIONS reply. But according to RFC3261 a proxy SHOULD omit the 
Allow header because it usually is able to route any request method. So how 
should a UAS signal that it accepts PUBLISH as ESC but is also able to route 
such requests?
Or is it simply not desirable to run an ESC and a proxy together and thus we 
always have to include an "ESC target option" in every UA?
Root of the problem: I do not see any other option to check for RFC3903 
support then using OPTIONS.

Regards
  Nils Ohlmeier

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip