Subject: [Sip] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-history-info-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 15:38:28 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: An Extension to the Session Initiation Protocol 
			  for Request History Information
	Author(s)	: M. Barnes
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sip-history-info-06.txt
	Pages		: 48
	Date		: 2005-1-18
	
This document defines a standard mechanism for capturing the history 
   information associated with a SIP request.  This capability enables 
   many enhanced services by providing the information as to how and why 
   a call arrives at a specific application or user.  This document 
   defines a new optional SIP header, History-Info, for capturing the 
   history information in requests.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-history-info-06.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sip-history-info-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-history-info-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 16:30:50 -0500

Hi all,

Just to let you know the context of this new version;  I received a set of
comments just after last call ended, which were not incorporated in the -05
version.  They were primarily in the nit category of tightening the
specification in preparation for IETF LC/IESG review.  The changes are
summarized in detail at the back of the document, with the largest change
being removing the paragraphs in the security section describing the
alternatives such as adding message bodies, AIB and securing inserted
information documents.  There were no normative changes. The text that was
removed had been previously in section 3 (in the -03 version) and had been
moved in the -03 to -04 updates to section 6, my thoughts at the time being
that it was still useful for informational purposes.  However, since it
doesn't impact or add any normative value to the History-Info header at this
time, it's appropriate and sensible to remove and thus also remove some
informational references that are likely to be outdated by the time the
document is published as an RFC.

Of course, if you do review and see any errors that I may have inadvertently
introduced in this last round of edits, please let me know.

Thanks,
Mary.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 2:38 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sip] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-history-info-06.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group
of the IETF.

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type: