Subject: RE: [Sip] Via

From: "Karnam, Swamy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 17:48:26 -0500

Ben,

   I don't want the response to travel back the same path,

   I want it to be redirected to the contact using a least cost path I want
to specify.

   Thanks,

   Swamy

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Gatewood [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 5:31 PM
To: Karnam, Swamy; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Sip] Via

Hey Swamy,

If you want the response to travel back along the same path it took, then
the proxies along that path will need to insert a Record-route header into
the request. Have a read through section 16 of RFC 3261.

HTH,

B

Ben Gatewood

Lead Architect - IP Telephony

Streamdoor Ltd.

+44 20 7422 0439

+44 7835 136 187

[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 

INVITE. TRYING. RINGING. OK. ACK.

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Karnam, Swamy
Sent: 20 January 2005 21:21
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [Sip] Via

Hi,

   This is my first post here and am a little bit unfamiliar with the
process.

   Hopefully, I am not asking something that has been answered.

   My comment is on RFC 3261.

   In a 302 Response message, there is a contact field that represents a
direct route to the destination.

   What if I want the message to be redirected to this contact via a
sequence of hops ?  Basically I want the

   Contact field to contact a Via string.

   Thanks,

   Swamy

****************************************************************************
**********
Disclaimer:

This electronic message may contain privileged or confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of this information is strictly prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete this
message. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender,
and are not necessarily the views of the Streamdoor Limited, unless
otherwise stated.

Although Streamdoor Limited has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no
viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility
for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachement

Employees of Streamdoor Limited and its affiliates are expressly required
not to make defamatory statements and not to infringe or authorise any
infringements of copyrights or any other legal right by email
communications. Any such communication is contrary to company policy and
outside the scope of the employment of the individual concerned.

For further assistance on email policy, or if you have received this email
in error, please contact Streamdoor Group IT&C Helpdesk by email at
[email-masked] or write to Streamdoor Ltd , Head of IT&C
Department , 114 Power Road , Chiswick, London , W4 5PY.

www.streamdoor.com
****************************************************************************
**********

****************************************************************************
**********
Disclaimer:

This electronic message may contain privileged or confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of this information is strictly prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete this
message. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender,
and are not necessarily the views of the Streamdoor Limited, unless
otherwise stated.

Although Streamdoor Limited has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no
viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility
for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachement

Employees of Streamdoor Limited and its affiliates are expressly required
not to make defamatory statements and not to infringe or authorise any
infringements of copyrights or any other legal right by email
communications. Any such communication is contrary to company policy and
outside the scope of the employment of the individual concerned.

For further assistance on email policy, or if you have received this email
in error, please contact Streamdoor Group IT&C Helpdesk by email at
[email-masked] or write to Streamdoor Ltd , Head of IT&C
Department , 114 Power Road , Chiswick, London , W4 5PY.

www.streamdoor.com
****************************************************************************
**********

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip