Subject: [Sip] Re: [rohc] SigComp with EPIC compression for SIP messages

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 12:40:26 +0100

On Feb 21 2005, at 08:50 Uhr, Lars-Erik Jonsson (LU/EAB) wrote:

> The SigComp user guide did (I am not sure about the new version just 
> released) refer to EPIC, which is probably a mistake as algorithms are 
> not specified in that document, and there is no reference 
> available for an EPIC algorithm.

I'm not sure it's a mistake, as a reader skilled in the art can deduct 
what this all is about from the UDVM code given.
(If I were giving this to my students, they would complain about the 
cruelty of the assignment, though...)
Even if you are not interested in the details of hierarchical huffman, 
the code is still useful as a demonstration of the UDVM's capabilities.

Gruesse, Carsten

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip