Subject: [Sip] Question about SDP

From: Luca Foschini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 17:49:16 +0100

Hi all,
    I'm a newby, so please forgive me if my question is stupid.

I would like to use SDP to initially exchange information about my 
client device while establishing a session. I know it's possible, by 
using SDP, to exchange available codecs, ports, mime types, etc.

Nonetheless, I would like to exchange other information related to the 
hardware of the client device. In particular, the memory (RAM) the 
client want to dedicate to the session and information about its Wi-Fi 
card (assuming the client device has got one).

Which SDP attribute could I use to express this kind of information? In 
case SDP is not the right choice what could I use to do this within the 
SIP framework?

Thanks for your patience.

Best regards,
    Luca

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip