Subject: [Sip] mistake in the Tel-Uri syntax

From: "Tamar Barzuza" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 13:55:31 +0200

Hi,

The BNF of Tel-Uri as described in RFC 3966 defines the isdn sub-address
parameter as follows:

isdn-subaddress  = ";isub=" 1*uric

uric                    = reserved / unreserved / pct-encoded

reserved             = ";" / "/" / "?" / ":" / "@" / "&" / "=" / "+" /
"$" / ","

But this implies that the isub parameter can contain a semicolon, which
is used to distinguish between parameters. For example, the following
tel-uri can be interpreted in different ways:

tel:+97235451122;isub=Israel;exmpl=ex

Either "Israel;exmpl=ex" is the value of the isub parameter, or "Israel"
is the value of the isub parameter and "exmpl" is the name of an extra
parameter.

Thanks,

Tamar Barzuza.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 09:30:43 -0500

RFC 3896 handles this better than 2396 that RFC 3966 had to rely on.

This should indeed be written as something like

";isub=" *1 paramchar

Tamar Barzuza wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>