Subject: [Sip] refer method

From: "M.N.A.Smadi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:51:41 -0500

hi;

i am reading some cisco doc and it seems that there are two types of 
refer requests: blind and attended. This categorization is not so clear 
in the refer rfc, is this categorization native to cisco or am i missing 
something?

thanks
m.smadi

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Joel Dodson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 08:01:07 -0800 (PST)

Hi m.smadi, 

blind and attended refer to two different types of call transfers. 
REFER is used in each case.  See
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-cc-transfer-03.txt
for the various uses of REFER in call transfer.

Joel