Subject: [Sip] Multiple 2xx responses

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 12:12:16 -0400

I have a question in the below sceanrio in Service-examples draft,
What will be the behaviour of Alice user agent on receiving messages F5, 
F10 and F13.

These responses have same Via branch parameter but different To tag hence 
it will result in different dialog creation. How will UA deal with these 
dialogs? And if multiple dialogs are created, then will the first dialog 
created by F5 terminate after timeout?

2.8  Call Forwarding - No Answer

           Alice            Proxy         User B1             User B2
             |                |              |                   |
             |    INVITE F1   |              |                   |
             |--------------->|   INVITE F2  |                   |
             |(100 Trying) F3 |------------->|                   |
             |<---------------|180 Ringing F4|                   |
             | 180 Ringing F5 |<-------------|                   |
             |<---------------|              |                   |
             |                 Request Timeout                   |
             |                |              |                   |
             |                |   CANCEL F6  |                   |
             |                |------------->|                   |
             |                |   200 OK F7  |                   |
             |                |<-------------|                   |
             |                |     487 F8   |                   |
             |                |<-------------|                   |
             |                |     ACK F9   |                   |
             |                |------------->|                   |
             |(181 Call is Being Forwarded) F10                  |
             |<---------------|              |    INVITE F11     |
             |                |--------------------------------->|
             |                |              | 180 Ringing F12   |
             | 180 Ringing F13|<---------------------------------|
             |<---------------|              |      200 OK F14   |
             |                |<---------------------------------|
             |   200 OK F15   |              |                   |
             |<---------------|              |                   |
             |     ACK F16    |              |                   |
             |--------------->|              |     ACK F17       |
             |                |--------------------------------->|
             |               Both way RTP Established            |
             |<=================================================>|
             |    BYE F18     |              |                   |
             |--------------->|              |      BYE F19      |
             |                |--------------------------------->|
             |                |              |    200 OK F20     |
             |  200 OK F21    |<---------------------------------|
             |<---------------|              |                   |
             |                |              |                   |

 F5 180 Ringing Proxy -> Alice

      SIP/2.0 180 Ringing
      Via: SIP/2.0/TLS client.atlanta.example.com:5061;branch=z9hG4bK74bf9
       ;received=192.0.2.103
      Record-Route: <sips:ss1.example.com;lr>
      From: Alice <sips:[email-masked]>;tag=1234567
      To: Bob <sips:[email-masked]>;tag=3145678
      Call-ID: [email-masked]
      CSeq: 1 INVITE
      Contact: <sips:[email-masked]>
      Content-Length: 0

F10 (181 Call is Being Forwarded) Proxy -> Alice 
      SIP/2.0 181 Call is Being Forwarded
      Via: SIP/2.0/TLS client.atlanta.example.com:5061;branch=z9hG4bK74bf9
      ;received=192.0.2.103
      From: Alice <sips:[email-masked]>;tag=1234567
      To: Bob <sips:[email-masked]>
      Call-ID: [email-masked]
      CSeq: 1 INVITE
      Content-Length: 0

F13 180 Proxy -> Alice
      SIP/2.0 180 Ringing
      Via: SIP/2.0/TLS client.atlanta.example.com:5061;branch=z9hG4bK74bf9
       ;received=192.0.2.103
      Record-Route: <sips:ss1.example.com;lr>
      From: Alice <sips:[email-masked]>;tag=1234567
      To: Bob <sips:[email-masked]>;tag=765432
      Call-ID: [email-masked]
      CSeq: 1 INVITE
      Contact: <sips:[email-masked]>
      Content-Length: 0

Regards,
Udit

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip