Subject: [Sip] Question on SIPS and Contact URI

From: "Elwell, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 11:09:57 +0100

I cannot find anything that specifies how a SIP UA should behave when it
receives a SIPS URI in a Contact header during a dialog (target refresh) or
during dialog establishment if the transport is not TLS. The implication is
that all future requests to that contact must be sent using TLS, even though
TLS has not been used up to now for this dialog. Is that correct? What would
a UA do that does not support TLS? What if the first proxy that has
record-routed does not support TLS? One solution might be to convert the URI
to a SIP URI for sending future requests.

John

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 13:23:42 +0300

The first proxy not supporting TLS? Hmmm... I thought that RFC 3261 
mandates proxies to support TLS (besides UDP and TCP), so the case would 
not exist.

/Miguel

-- 
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586
sip:[email-masked]
Nokia Research Center      Helsinki, Finland