Subject: [Sip] Proxy Server and Record-Route

From: Diego B <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 16:32:06 +0200

Hi;
How a Proxy server behind a Firewall writes the Record-Route ?

The Proxy Server serves UAs form within the FW and also UAs from outside 
the firewall ( public internet )
In the firewall there is a mapping between a public IP:port to the 
private ip:port of the Proxy.

If the proxy puts its private IP in Record-Route, UAs from public 
internet wont be able to get to that address.
If the Proxy puts in Record-Route its public address, UAs from within 
the firewall wont be able to send to that address.

Using FQDN in Record-Route can be a solution ? For this I need to use 
different DNS servers ( inside and outside the firewall ) with different 
maps for
the FQDN.

What is the common solution for this ?

Thanks
Diego B

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip