Subject: [Sip] Via header

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 12:15:23 -0400

Hi,

Conside a case where UAC uses different UDP sockets for listening and 
sending SIP requests,
i.e it is listening on port 5060, but when it sends request, it uses 
ephemeral UDP port.

When this UAC sends INVITE request, it will contain Via header containing 
the IP address and port number 5060 in sent-by field
But the UDP source port number will be different (IP address will be same) 
as it had used UDP ephemeral port for sending that request.

Now when proxy receives this request, it will check for IP address, since 
it is same it will not add "received" parameter. However, port numbers are 
different, should it add "rport" parameter ?? but this is not case of 
firewall..
or proxy only check for port when the IP addresses are different ??

Also, is it necessary for UA to send requests from the same socket ??

Regards,
Udit

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip