Subject: Re: [Sip] Comments on Resource-Priority -07

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 10:18:10 EST

In a message dated 3/31/2005 3:09:25 PM Eastern Standard Time, [email-masked] 
writes:

> This draft defines the SIP behavior, and not the procedures for a given 
> call/session type. I believe your "problems" can be addressed in the DSN 
> procedures document.
> 

Yes, that is exactly my point. The draft should only describe the SIP 
behavior, not the procedures within a specific network which are separate from the 
behavior of the header itself. Details of preemption algorithms (or others) are 
not appropriate for this draft. Any network using this header can define (and 
change) the preemption procedures as it wishes.

It's hard to address this "problem" in a DSN procedures document, when it 
would have to explicitly contradict the "mandatory" things stated in the RFC.

Mike
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip