Subject: [Sip] Problems with Mail from Softarmor to Nortel

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 15:01:39 -0600

I'd like to apologize to the community for any confusion that may  
have resulted from an operational problem.
	
Recently I thought I'd been having lots of conversations with  
Francois and Mary and others from Nortel, as well as lots of folks  
from other shops, about reason and History-Info and whatnot.

But it seems that Nortel.com started filtering all email from my  
server to Nortel around October 19. I presume the Nortel folks have  
been getting most of what I had to say via the mailing list, but I  
suspect some stuff got lost in the mixup.

I would ordinarily have noticed this sooner, but had implemented a  
filter to divert "mailer errors" to a folder due to the huge flood of  
"hello.exe" bounce spam related to sobig and other worms. And I got  
lazy about looking in that folder. Today I looked, and was horrified  
to see dozens of bounce messages from Nortel.

So if the conversation about Reason, and History, and Voicemail URI  
has seemed particularly confusing to some of you, it may well be  
because of this error, and I apologize.

I'm also kind of ticked at the mail admins at Nortel, I might add.  
But these things do happen from time to time. I just found my spam  
filter was blocking mail from Henry, so I guess I shouldn't throw too  
many stones.

--
Dean

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip