Subject: [Sip] draft-sparks-sip-nit-problems-02

From: "Bharrat, Shaun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 09:14:19 -0500

Hi:

I lost track of the discussion on problems with the non-INVITE transaction.
The latest draft version I could find has now expired. Can someone please
point me to a email archive, meeting minutes, etc that describes the
final outcome or prescription? (I am particularly interested in the current
recommendation on sending provisional responses for the non-INVITE 
transaction.)

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Shaun Bharrat

Shaun Bharrat                   Sonus Networks
Nothing witty to say ;-(      www.sonusnet.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 11:32:24 -0600

> recommendation on sending provisional responses for the non-INVITE

Using the IETF draft tracker at:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi

I see that:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sparks-sip-nit-problems-02.txt

and

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sparks-sip-nit-actions-03.txt

have been approved by the IESG and are in the RFC Editor's queue,

Once a draft has entered this state, it doesn't "expire" even if it  
persists past the date on the draft. This is important, since drafts  
normally expire after six months, and the queue is longer than that.

--
Dean