Subject: [Sip] Outbound-01

From: "Elwell, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 09:03:34 +0000

Cullen, Rohan,

I had a hard time understanding some of the changes to this draft. I think
it needs some more information about the reasons for GRUU and more
explanation of the pin-route option tag (not just behavioural requirements,
but explanation of what the mechanism is trying to achieve). Note that
section 14 provides a hint, but that text will not remain in the RFC.

I couldn't figure out the relevance of the first paragraph of 4.1. The
section is about forming flows, but initiating dialogs is something that
shouldn't happen until after a flow has been formed.

The first paragraph of 4.1.1 seems a little convoluted. First it says what
to do when sending a request with a Contact header when you don't have a
GRUU. Then it says you can't do this for an INVITE-initiated dialog. So why
not describe sending a Contact header without a GRUU only in the context of
dialogs that are not INVITE-initiated? What is it that makes the mechanism
unsuitable for an INVITE-initiated dialog?

Section 7 uses the term "SIP device" a few times without defining it.

Why does section 9 cover only flow-id, whereas section 10 covers both
flow-id and sip-stun?

Thanks,

John

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip