Subject: [Sip] 3xx response for a re-Invite ?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 09:19:12 +0530

Hi All,
I would like to know if it is correct to send a 3xx response for a
re-Invite request. And if so, what could be the possible scenarios.
Also refer the following link which says 3xx to re_INVITE allowed.( IETF
meeting 52 ):
http://www.softarmor.com/sipwg/meets/ietf52/slides/pres-jdrosen-sip-new-bis-ietf52.ppt

Thanks,
Shweta.
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software Systems
Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the
individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or
confidential information and should not be circulated or used for
any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received this
message in  error, please notify the originator immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  FSS  accepts no  responsibility  for loss or
damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted
by this email including damage from virus."

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Dale R. Worley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 16:04:24 -0500

> http://www.softarmor.com/sipwg/meets/ietf52/slides/pres-jdrosen-sip-new-bis-ietf52.ppt

I don't know if it's officially allowed by RFC 3261, but 3xx responses
to in-dialog requests have been mentioned on the mailing lists several
times, and nobody has come up with a sensible meaning to assign to them.
Once a route-set is established, all one can change in the flow of
messages is the contacts on each end, and re-INVITE is defined as the
means to do that.

So at present, I'd say that 3xx for a re-INVITE is not allowed.

Dale