Subject: [Sip] Editorial suggestion for draft-ietf-sip-gruu-06

From: "Dale R. Worley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 16:48:43 -0500

In regard to the special edge router behavior described in section
8.4.2, while I was working out some sample call flows, it struck me that
the descriptions of the special edge router behaviors at the end of
8.4.2 would benefit with being spelled out more exactly.  I was thinking
of something like "When the edge router receives a response containing a
Record-Route that it inserted ... and the Request-URI (or first Route)
is ..., then it should remove that Record-Route from the response."

This is a practical problem.  When I was checking to see how this
algorithm interacted with another approach to solve the edge router
problem, I noticed that I could not rigorously determine how 8.4.2 would
behave without (essentially) assuming that it would do the right thing
in unusual cases.

I would be willing to help rewriting these paragraphs.

Dale

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip