Subject: Re: [Sip] Re: Dialogs vs Dialog Usages

From: "Dale R. Worley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 10:50:55 -0500

On Sat, 2005-10-08 at 19:17 -0400, Paul Kyzivat wrote:
> Dale R. Worley wrote:
> > True, the difference is not absolute.  But in an INVITE situation, the
> > proxies attempt to prevent the establishment of more than one confirmed
> > dialog,  whereas in a SUBSCRIBE situation, they are forbidden from trying
> > to prune the set of dialogs. 
> 
> They are? That is news to me. Where is that specified?

After checking around, I think I have to say I'm wrong there.

(Although I think I could make a strong case that forking of non-INVITE
requests would be a lot more useful if the proxies didn't treat them the
same way as INVITEs.)

I have to think about this more...

Dale

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip