Subject: [Sip] pin-route option tag in outbound-01

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 17:18:43 +0530

Hi,

As per the outbound-01 draft, the pin-route option tag can be used by UAs
that do not have a GRUU,
in SUBSCRIBE request sent to configuration framework. Can the same tag also
be used
in SUBSCRIBE request sent to event framework (event- Presence) ?

- Priti

***********************  FSS-Unclassified   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software Systems
Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the
individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or
confidential information and should not be circulated or used for
any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received this
message in  error, please notify the originator immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  FSS  accepts no  responsibility  for loss or
damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted
by this email including damage from virus."

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 17:32:14 +0530

Hi Rohan,

Thanks for the response.
If pin-route option is not recommended for subscription dialog (event-
Presence),
then how should the watcher behind NAT be supported ?
If GRUU is used in Contact header of SUBSCRIBE, it requires location
service lookup
for the Contact and also requires watcher to register.
Is there anyway to support watchers behind NAT (subscription dialog )
and not having GRUU ?

Regards,
Priti

             Rohan Mahy                                                    
             <[email-masked]                                             
             >                                                          To 
                                       [email-masked] 
             11/21/2005 09:17          m                                   
             PM                                                         cc 
                                       Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>, 
                                       Rohan Mahy <[email-masked]>,      
                                       [email-masked]                        
                                                                   Subject 
                                       Re: pin-route option tag in         
                                       outbound-01                         

                                                                           

Hi Priti,

This is not recommended. The first-hop proxy and the presence agent
would both have to support pin-route (which seems unlikely for the
presence agent), and the subscribe request would only be useful for
fetching immediate presence.

For the configuration framework, you can use the pin-route option to
get your configuration on bootup.  Then you should issue a new
subscription using your GRUU (once you have registered) to get change
notifications.  The reason for this is that a single dialog using the
pin-route option will only use the flow over which it was originally
sent.  If that flow dies, notifications won't get back to the
subscriber, even if another flow is available.  If you use a GRUU
registered with multiple flows for outbound, only one of them has to
work.

thanks,
-rohan

***********************  FSS-Unclassified   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited
(HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information and
should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is
intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or
disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts no responsibility for
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus."

---

From: Rohan Mahy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 07:47:49 -0800

Hi Priti,

thanks,
-rohan

---

From: Rohan Mahy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 10:10:20 -0800

On Nov 23, 2005, at 4:02, [email-masked] wrote:
> Presence), then how should the watcher behind NAT be supported ?

subscribe using a GRUU

> service lookup for the Contact and also requires watcher to register.

yes

> Is there anyway to support watchers behind NAT (subscription dialog )

not in a manner that allows the notifier to fail over to another flow.

thanks,
-rohan

>              PM                                                        
>  cc