Subject: [Sip] media description in SDP is for sender or receiver?

From: "Ling, Fan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 20:38:43 -0800

Hi,

The following SDP message describes a MPEG4 video bitstream:

m=video 20000 RTP/AVP 98 34

a=rtpmap:98 MP4V-ES/90000

a=fmtp:98
profile-level-id=8;config=000001B008000001B5090000010000000120008440FA28
2C2090A21F

Does this SDP message describes the sender encoder generated media
settings or the required media settings on the receiver's encoder? Or
both? Can some one point me to the proper RFCs? I believe this media
settings is for the sender side, but  I can't find definitely
description in any RFCs.

Thanks a lot

Fan

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 22:58:19 -0500

At 08:38 PM 11/3/2005 -0800, Ling, Fan wrote:
>profile-level-id=8;config=000001B008000001B5090000010000000120008440FA282C2090A21F
>
>Can some one point me to the proper RFCs?

RFC3264

>Fan

cheers,
James

                                 *******************
                 Truth is not to be argued... it is to be presented.