Subject: [Sip] draft-jennings-sipping-pay-03 defining 402?

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 14:30:56 -0600

Cullen

Color me slow, but in my review of what documents (RFC, SIP or SIPPING WG 
item, or individual ID) register (or ask for the registration of) SIP 
Response codes, I came across this ID (draft-jennings-sipping-pay-03) 
having an IANA registration request for the 402 (Payment Required) Response 
code, yet 3261 already defines this code, and seemingly for what you want 
to use it for, down to the text string being identical.

Please educate me on the differences between 3261's meaning of 402 and your 
ID's, and perhaps why your ID would want to register 402 again.

cheers,
James

                                 *******************
                 Truth is not to be argued... it is to be presented.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip