Subject: [Sip] Re: pin-route option tag in outbound-01

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 12:59:28 +0530

Hi Rohan,
Some comments inlined

Regards
Nagendra.

             Rohan Mahy                                                    
             <[email-masked]                                             
             >                                                          To 
                                       [email-masked] 
             11/21/2005 09:17          m                                   
             PM                                                         cc 
                                       Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>, 
                                       Rohan Mahy <[email-masked]>,      
                                       [email-masked]                        
                                                                   Subject 
                                       Re: pin-route option tag in         
                                       outbound-01                         

                                                                           

Hi Priti,

This is not recommended. The first-hop proxy and the presence agent
would both have to support pin-route (which seems unlikely for the
presence agent), and the subscribe request would only be useful for
fetching immediate presence.

Nagendra>> I completely agree with this in case the presence agent is
behind the Proxy. I mean if the first hop after the NAT is not the presence
agent then presence agent need not to support the pin-route option. But
what if first hop after the NAT is itself presence-server(which works as
defined in RFC 3265)?. Now it is the responsibility of the presence server
to maintaint the connection, isn't it?. In this case, can pin-route option
be a solution?

For the configuration framework, you can use the pin-route option to
get your configuration on bootup.  Then you should issue a new
subscription using your GRUU (once you have registered) to get change
notifications.  The reason for this is that a single dialog using the
pin-route option will only use the flow over which it was originally
sent.  If that flow dies, notifications won't get back to the
subscriber, even if another flow is available.  If you use a GRUU
registered with multiple flows for outbound, only one of them has to
work.

Nagendra>> But, inorder to subscribe for the status of a presentity,
watcher is not required to register first. Are you suggesting to mandate
the registration before subscription?.

thanks,
-rohan

On Nov 21, 2005, at 3:48, [email-masked] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As per the outbound-01 draft, the pin-route option tag can be used by
> UAs
> that do not have a GRUU,
> in SUBSCRIBE request sent to configuration framework. Can the same tag
> also
> be used
> in SUBSCRIBE request sent to event framework (event- Presence) ?
>
> - Priti
>

***********************  FSS-Unclassified   ***********************

***********************  FSS-Unclassified   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software Systems
Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the
individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or
confidential information and should not be circulated or used for
any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received this
message in  error, please notify the originator immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  FSS  accepts no  responsibility  for loss or
damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted
by this email including damage from virus."

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip