Subject: RE: [Sipping] RE: [Sip] unification of wireless technologies

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 08:37:16 -0600

Bjorn's question is really very critical:

>When you are referring to "unification," is your question related to the
>ability of the core network to authenticate a user and deliver a VoIP
>service independent of access technology or the ability for a device
>access multiple air interface technologies to support VoIP?

Media Independent Handover (MIH) in 802.21 supports both models and this
show's the IEEE will support both "network based" control and endpoint
control in agreement with the e2e principle of the Internet.

Let's hope the IETF can also support the Internet e2e architecture :-)

Thanks, Henry

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2005 3:55 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Sipping] RE: [Sip] unification of wireless technologies 

Digambar,
When you are referring to "unification," is your question related to the
ability of the core network to authenticate a user and deliver a VoIP
service independent of access technology or the ability for a device
access multiple air interface technologies to support VoIP?

BR,
Bjorn

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip