Subject: [Sip] The significance of "Supported: gruu"

From: "Dale R. Worley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 14:51:37 -0500

I was thinking that the discussion of what "Supported: gruu" means about
the Contact in a message is not as significant as it seems.  In most
cases, if a UA wants to contact its counterpart UA, it does so by
sending an in-dialog request (which *must* work), rather than sending an
out-of-dialog request to the Contact URI.

In my experience, the way that a Contact URI is used is by being
revealed in a dialog event package, and the subscriber to the dialog
event package uses that URI to execute a call-control operation.

But by the time that the subscriber sees the Contact URI, any
information that was present in the original message is entirely lost,
except for what is in the URI itself.

Dale

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip