Subject: [Sip] a question of refuseing an offer in RFC3312

From: "Gerald Yan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 09:36:45 +0800

Hi:
I have a question about RFC3312-Integration of Resource Management.
In section 8:
   580 (Precondition Failure) responses and BYE and CANCEL requests,
   indicating failure to meet certain preconditions, SHOULD contain an
   SDP description, indicating which desired status triggered the
   failure.
My question is that if there are PROXYs between offerer and answerer,the
SDP contained in CANCEL could not reach the answerer for CANCEL is
hop-by-hop message. Is it right?

Best regards
Gerald

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 14:35:25 +0200

Hi,

yes, CANCEL is a hop-by-hop transaction. Proxies do not typically copy 
bodies from an incoming CANCEL to an outgoing one.

Cheers,

Gonzalo