Subject: RE: [Sip] Query in mutliple Subscribes

From: "Vaidya, Maulik" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 13:13:15 -0800

Either that or you could put A and B in a group and subscribe to that group
thereby having only one call-ID.

Maulik

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Dale
R. Worley
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 3:56 PM
To: Sip
Subject: Re: [Sip] Query in mutliple Subscribes

On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 12:35 +0530, Sudhir Kumar Reddy wrote:
> If I want to Subscribe to multilple Users i.e. If I Subscribe to User
> A and User B respectively. Is that Ok if i had same call-ID with User
> A and User B.

No.

Call-Id's should be unique for each dialog that you set up.  In this
regard, each of these SUBSCRIBEs is a different dialog.

Dale

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 11:54:20 +0530

HI Sudhir,

>From RFC 3261

"the Call-ID header field MUST be selected by the UAC as a globally unique
identifier over space and time unless overridden by method-specific
behavior."

      RFC 3265 is not overriding this behavior. So Subscribe Call-ID should
be unique.

>>Hi all,

>>If I want to Subscribe to multilple Users i.e. If I Subscribe to User A
and
>>User B respectively. Is that Ok if i had same call-ID with User A and
User
>>B.

>>thanks in advance

>>regards
>>Sudhir

             sip-request@ietf.                                             
             org                                                           
             Sent by:                                                   To 
             sip-bounces@ietf.         [email-masked]                        
             org                                                        cc 
                                                                           
                                                                   Subject 
             12/05/2005 10:34          Sip Digest, Vol 20, Issue 4         
             PM                                                            

             Please respond to                                             
               [email-masked]                                                

Send Sip mailing list submissions to
             [email-masked]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
             https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
             [email-masked]

You can reach the person managing the list at
             [email-masked]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Sip digest..."

Today's Topics:

   1. Query in mutliple Subscribes (Sudhir Kumar Reddy)
   2. Fora for TURN discussion: BEHAVE list (Jonathan Rosenberg)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 12:35:13 +0530
From: Sudhir Kumar Reddy <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Sip] Query in mutliple Subscribes
To: [email-masked]
Message-ID:
             <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Hi all,

If I want to Subscribe to multilple Users i.e. If I Subscribe to User A and
User B respectively. Is that Ok if i had same call-ID with User A and User
B.

thanks in advance

regards
Sudhir

--
-----------------------------------------------
"The mathematical precision of the universe reveals the mathematical mind
of
God." --- Albert Einstein
-----------------------------------------------
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
http://www1.ietf.org/pipermail/sip/attachments/20051205/3320947d/attachment.htm

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 10:16:20 -0500
From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Sip] Fora for TURN discussion: BEHAVE list
To: Midcom <[email-masked]>, Behave
             <[email-masked]>,        IETF MMUSIC WG
<[email-masked]>,
             IETF SIP List <[email-masked]>,             IETF Sipping List
<[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed

Sorry for the broad distribution here, but I wanted to let folks know
that I'm going to be moving discussions on TURN over to the behave list
(http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/behave-charter.html).   I'll be
posting some issues shortly which require discussion, so if you are
interested, please subscribe there.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
--
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

------------------------------

End of Sip Digest, Vol 20, Issue 4
**********************************

***********************  FSS-Private   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited
(HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information and
should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is
intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or
disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts no responsibility for
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus."