Subject: [Sip] Question about draft-ietf-sip-connect-reuse-04 with natted UAs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 13:00:11 +0000

Rohan and al,

It is not clear to me how connection reuse with natted UAs will allow to 
re-use the connection for successive request to a UA.
I am considering a case with 2 user agents (UA1 and UA2) and a proxy 
server P1.
UA1 and UA2 are in a distinct private network but are using the same 
private address (e.g: 10.0.0.1) and they issued a SIP request to P1 
using TCP and connection reuse. (If needed, I can send a slide that 
describes the network configuration).
I understand in the draft that the address used to create a transport 
layer alias is the address placed in the Via by the UAs (i.e:10.0.0.1).
Thus, it seems to me that there will be 2 entries for 10.0.0.1 in the 
alias table.
How could the proxy choose to use the appropriate connection when a 
request comes to UA1 or UA2?
Thanks in advance for any clarifications or comments.

Thomas

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 09:00:37 -0500

connect-reuse is meant for usage between proxies. The draft you want is 
draft-ietf-sip-outbound.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 10:31:47 +0000

I see.
The draft-ietf-sip-outbound-01 provides appropriate SIP routing in the 
case I described previously.
Thanks,

Thomas LEVY

Jonathan Rosenberg a écrit :

> connect-reuse is meant for usage between proxies. The draft you want 
> is draft-ietf-sip-outbound.
>
> -Jonathan R.
>
>> It is not clear to me how connection reuse with natted UAs will allow 
>> to re-use the connection for successive request to a UA.