Subject: RE: [Sip] one question on the authentication for third-party registration

From: "Thom O'Connor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 12:34:35 -0800

From: Cullen Jennings <fluffy at cisco.com>
> Has anyone build a proxy that allows the configuration of a policy that says
> Bob is allowed to register for Alice's AOR?

Dear Cullen and the Sip list,

CommuniGate Pro version 5.0 provides such a feature called the 
"CanImpersonate" access right - if Bob has the CanImpersonate access 
right for Alice's domain, then Bob can register for Alice's AOR.

In situations where an individual needs access to another's calls (such 
as the boss/secretary example), this can be achieved in CommuniGate Pro 
by providing the Fork setting in the boss account: if there is no answer 
within X seconds (where X can be 0) the call is forked to the specified 
AOR (secretary), while it continues to ring the boss' devices. If the 
boss is busy or not available, forking happens immediately.

Fully-functional trial downloads of CGatePro are available here:
   http://www.communigate.com/download

Sincerely,

-t

-- 
Thom O'Connor
Director, Product Architecture
CommuniGate Systems
http://www.communigate.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip