Subject: [Sip] RFC 4538 on Request Authorization through Dialog Identification in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:25:48 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4538

        Title:      Request Authorization through Dialog Identification 
                    in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
        Author:     J. Rosenberg
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 36089
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sip-target-dialog-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4538.txt

This specification defines the Target-Dialog header field for the
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), and the corresponding option tag,
tdialog.  This header field is used in requests that create SIP
dialogs.  It indicates to the recipient that the sender is aware of
an existing dialog with the recipient, either because the sender is
on the other side of that dialog, or because it has access to the
dialog identifiers.  The recipient can then authorize the request
based on this awareness.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip