Subject: RE: [Sip] provide a hint to update the From header to Caller (dra ft-ietf-sip-connected-identity-00.txt)

From: "Elwell, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 18:07:46 +0100

Lavis,
 
An UPDATE request with a changed From header field URI will be sent only if
the peer UA has already indicated id-change in a Supported header field, so
inclusion of a Require header field would appear to be redundant (from the
point of view of the normal meaning of Require). Your proposal seems to give
a different semantic to Require, i.e., a hint to the peer UA as to what is
significant about this particular UPDATE request. I don't think it is a good
idea to modify the semantics of Require in this way. The identity change can
easily be detected anyway by comparing the new and previous URIs.
 
John

  _____  

From: Lavis Zhou [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 24 June 2006 09:24
To: 'IETF SIP List'
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Sip] provide a hint to update the From header to Caller
(draft-ietf-sip-connected-identity-00.txt)

Hi,

Is it better to provide a hint to caller that the callee had changed the
>From header of UPDATE by putting a Require: id-change in UPDATE message? So
it will be easy for caller to handle this UPDATE other than it have to check
the From header if it had been changed for every request?

I am not sure it had been discussed, but in my going through of the mailing
list, it had not. 

Rgds,

Lavis

****************************************************************************
***********
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from
HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is
listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way
(including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction,
or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is
prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by
phone or email immediately and delete it!
****************************************************************************
***********

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip