Subject: [Sip] SIP Location Conveyance -03 submitted

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 14:50:44 -0500

I've submitted -03 of the SIP Location Conveyance ID for review and comments.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-location-conveyance-03.txt

    This is a list of the changes that have been made from the SIP WG
    version -02 to this version -03:

    - general clean-up of some of the sections

    - removed the message examples from the UPDATE, MESSAGE and REGISTER
      sections, as these seemed to be making the doc less readable, and
      not more readable

    - removed the "unknown" option tag, as it was not needed with a
      certain combination of the Supported and Location headers

    - clarified the location option tag usage in Supported, Require,
      Unsupported, and that it shouldn't be used in Proxy-Require, and
      why not.

    - Added a basic message flow to the basic operation section (Section
      4) to aid in understanding of this SIP extension.

    - Added a message routing flow, which is based on the location of
      the requestor to show how a SIP server can make a routing decision
      to a destination based on where the UAC is.

    - Articulated how a UAS concludes a UAC understands this extension,
      yet does not know its location to provide to the UAS.  This is
      helpful in those times where an intermediary will act differently
      based on whether or not a UAC understands this extension, and
      whether or not the UAC includes its location in the request.

    - Corrected the erroneous text regarding an Unsupported header being
      in a 424 response.  It belongs in a 420 response. (Section 5.1)

    - Corrected the BNF (I hope)

    - Corrected some text in Section 5 that read like this document was
      an update to RFC 3261.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip