Subject: [Sip] RFC 4485 Review requested for draft-ietf-sip-answermode

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 11:26:16 -0500

Despite pleading from the chairs to pay attention to the "Guidelines  
to the Authors of SIP Extensions", RFC 4485, we haven't really  
internalized this into our processes yet.

I believe that every draft we're sending up to the IESG needs to be  
at list checklist-reviewed against RFC 4485.

We've completed WGLC on draft-ietf-sip-answermode-00.txt and found it  
to be OK, under our usual procedures. But we haven't made any special  
effort to verify it against RFC 4485.

I think it would be educational to see how well this draft matches up  
to RFC 4485 so that we can all learn better how to apply the guidelines.

It's a short draft, and RFC 4485 is actually a fairly short RFC. It  
should take maybe a half-hour or so to do this sort of review.

So I'd like to ask the list for two or more volunteers to review  
answermode from an RFC 485 perspective and post their results back to  
this list. And if he can find the time, I'd really like Jonathan to  
be one of the reviewers, since he edited RFC 4485. Of course, we're  
also in the pre-IETF submission deadline crunch, so I can understand  
that certain individuals might be under-resourced at this time.

So, some of you folks who are keen on review please step forward,  
tell us you're willing to tackle this daunting task, and give us an  
idea of when you might be finished.

And if you happen to develop a checklist that might be useful for  
other reviewers or authors to use, that would be really handy, so  
please post that too and I'll try and consolidate these checklists  
and put them on the web as a tool for future use.

Thanks,

--
Dean

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip