Subject: [Sip] To all SIP authors

From: "Drage, Keith (Keith)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 22:18:24 +0100

(As WG chair)

Now RFC 4485 has made it to the RFC pages

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4485.txt

Abstract

   The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is a flexible yet simple tool
   for establishing interactive communications sessions across the
   Internet.  Part of this flexibility is the ease with which it can be
   extended.  In order to facilitate effective and interoperable
   extensions to SIP, some guidelines need to be followed when
   developing SIP extensions.  This document outlines a set of such
   guidelines for authors of SIP extensions.

it is appropriate to remind the authors and editors of all SIP extensions (and that is the major if not entire product of our WG) that these are to be followed.

We expect documents to meet these guidelines as early as possible, but all documents should certainly meet these guidelines before WGLC is initiated.

So please take the time to read, or reread this document, even if you have 30 SIP extension RFCs already under your belt.

regards

Keith

Keith Drage
Lucent Technologies
[email-masked]
tel: +44 1793 776249

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip