Subject: [Sip] SIP proto clarification needed.

From: Andrew Nesheret <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 16:39:05 +0600

I'm implementing class 5 SIP switch. The problem is to identify calling 
gateway (by it's INVITE request) which was previously registered on the 
switch (using REGISTER request). I see two options here.
1. By "From" header field.
2. By "Contact" header field.
In first case "From" header field must be equal to gateway's AOR. 
Disadvantage of this case is inability to pass real caller address.
Second case seems very reasonable to me. But, RFC 3261 not directly 
clarifies this situation.

I'm very sorry, if this already covered in some documents. If so, 
please, provide me a link.

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
WBR, Andrew Nesheret *ICQ*: /10518066/
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip