Subject: RE: [Sip] Outbound: keep-alive, outbound and 3489bis

From: "Christer Holmberg \(JO/LMF\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 19:15:22 +0200

>>There must also be a way for the edge proxy to indicate to the client 
>>that it supports the STUN keep-alive usage. Because, if the other 
>>outbound features aren't supported/requested, there will be no 
>>"outbound" in the Supported header of the registration response.
>this is done with the keepalive=stun parameter in the URI for the edge
proxy

What if the edge proxy - for whatever reason - then doesn't
support/isn't able to provide STUN support for NAT keep-alive at a
certain point? Should it reject the REGISTER?

What does a URI parameter really mean, as far as supported capabilities
of the receiver is concerned?

Regards,

Christer

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 10:42:52 -0700

It's the same way as sigcomp. The URI for the edge proxy comes from  
somewhere - the UA does not make it up. Wherever it comes from know  
if it does sigcmpl or stun and includes that in the URI. The UA looks  
at the URI and knows if it can do sigcomp or stun.