Subject: [Sip] Updated acr-code draft

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 22:42:00 -0400

I've just submitted a minor update to the ACR code draft. Until it 
appears, you can pick it up at:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-sip-acr-code-01.txt

The changes were to add the required RFC 2119 boilerplate and fix some 
spell check errors. The document is complete AFAIK and has had no 
discussion since the last revision. I believe it ready for WGLC.

-Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Jeroen van Bemmel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 08:11:15 +0200

Jonathan,

(Only) one comment: What about privacy service behavior? In particular I am
thinking about a privacy service that anonymized the request, and receives a
433.

If the privacy service is acting as a B2BUA, it should probably not retry
the request "non-anonymously" (this could constitute a downgrade attack).
This is also something worth mentioning in the security considerations: the
retrying of the request SHOULD be based on an explicit decision by the user
making the request, it SHOULD NOT be done automatically

Regards,

Jeroen