Subject: [Sip] Outbound Comment: binding key

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 00:11:04 -0500

From section 6.1:

   When a reg-id header parameter is present in a Contact header field
   value in a REGISTER request, the corresponding binding is between an
   AOR and the combination of instance-id and reg-id.

I don't think this is quite correct. This statement appears to be 
asserting that {instance-id,reg-id} is a unique key to a binding 
associated with an AOR. This would, in turn, imply that any successful 
registration attempt with an {instance-id,reg-id} that matches an 
existing binding would overwrite the existing record.

I don't think that is what's intended, since section 6.2 contains the 
following text:

   o  If two bindings have the same instance-id and reg-id, the proxy
      SHOULD prefer the contact that was most recently updated.

If the binding is only to {instance-id,reg-id}, then that text is 
nonsensical: you can't have two identical bindings to the same AOR.

I suspect that the text in 6.1 should actually read something more like:

   When a reg-id header parameter is present in a Contact header field
   value in a REGISTER request, the corresponding binding is between an
   AOR and the combination of instance-id, reg-id, and network flow.

/a

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip