Subject: [Sip] modification of a P-Asserted-Identity by a proxy

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 16:19:04 +0200

Hello,

I am designing a CNIP service in a proxy and I plan to remove the 
display name of the P-Asserted-Identity if the called party has not 
subscribed to the CNIP. But I am not sure if my proxy handling the 
services of the called party is allowed to perform this modification.

I was reading the RFC3325 and I was wondering whether if in the case a 
proxy receives a P-Asserted-Identity from a trusted node and it forwards 
it to a trusted node if he is allowed to modify it. In the chapter 5 of 
the FRC, I do not see a mention that the proxy must copy the header 
transparently from one leg to the other in this case, so can I consider 
that this modification is allowed as it is not forbidden.

Thanks is advance,
Olivier

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip