Subject: [Sip] More on the contents of the Location header URI - http

From: "Brian Rosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 17:39:01 -0400

I started a discussion of what can be in the location header besides a cid:.
We remain convinced that AbsoluteURI is a poor choice; we must be more
specific, including privacy concerns. 

It is now clear that simply saying "https:" is not enough.  There could be
multiple location resolution protocols that use http transport.  We need
something else that would differentiate which one.  The simple GET mechanism
we proposed would need at least a parameter of some sort.  

After thinking about it for a while, I think the best resolution is Andy's
suggestion of a registry, used in conjunction with a parameter.  I'm
ambivalent on whether the parameter is a URI parameter or a parameter on the
Location header.  We would define the registry (and the parameter) in
location-conveyance and create one entry (the simple GET with PIDF-LO
return).  It may be, for example, that the proposed L7 location acquisition
protocol defines another http based resolution protocol.  That document
could define another entry in the registry.

Brian

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip