Subject: [Sip] Query reagrding RFC 3665

From: Sudhir <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 18:49:05 +0530

Hi All,

In RFC 3261 the construction of ACK requestURI MUST conatain original
request as it said in below paragraph
*17.1.1.3 Construction of the ACK Request*

The ACK request constructed by the client transaction MUST contain
values for the Call-ID, From, and Request-URI that are equal to the
values of those header fields in the request passed to the transport
by the client transaction (call this the "original request").

But, in RFC 3665 the contruction of RequestURI for ACK is taken from
ConatctHeader of 200 OK as shown below. Could I know which is the
approipraite one. Should I go for 3261 or Informational RFC 3665

*RFC 3665 3.1. Successful Session Establishment*
INVITE sip:[email-masked] SIP/2.0

200 OK contact Header: <sip:[email-masked]>
ACK sip:[email-masked] SIP/2.0

thanks in advance

regards

Sudhir
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Gustavo García Bernardo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 19:37:08 +0200

The rules in RFC3261 17.1.1.3 are for ACKs created for non 2XX INVITE
responses (ACKs created in transactions layer).  For 2XX responses, the ACKs
are created in UA layer, using the same rules as any other request inside a
established dialog.

“The UAC uses the remote target and route set to build the Request-URI

   and Route header field of the request.” (RFC3261 12.2.1.1 Generating the
Request)

Where the remote target is the Contact received in 2XX response.

So, the second one (according to RFC3665 too), is the correct.

G.

  _____  

De: Sudhir [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Enviado el: jueves, 20 de julio de 2006 15:19
Para: [email-masked]
Asunto: [Sip] Query reagrding RFC 3665

Hi All,

17.1.1.3 Construction of the ACK Request

RFC 3665 3.1. Successful Session Establishment
INVITE sip:[email-masked] SIP/2.0

thanks in advance

regards

Sudhir

---

From: Gustavo García Bernardo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 19:37:08 +0200

G.

  _____  

Hi All,

thanks in advance

regards

Sudhir

---

From: Stephen Zhou <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 09:27:17 +0800

Hi Sudhir,

The contact is the last-hop route.

So if no Route header in 200OK message, you should put the last-hop route to
Request-URI.

Stephen

  _____  

From: Sudhir [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2006 9:19 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sip] Query reagrding RFC 3665

Hi All,

thanks in advance

regards

Sudhir

---

From: Stephen Zhou <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 09:42:06 +0800

Hi,

Omit my previous letter.

So if no Record-Route header in 200OK message, you should put the last-hop
route to Request-URI.

Stephen

  _____  

Hi All,

thanks in advance

regards

Sudhir