Subject: [Sip] location conveyance : use case for missing requirement

From: "Jeroen van Bemmel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 22:35:40 +0200

For scenario 1 (seeking nearest Pizza Hut) I think one would want to provide the location to the proxy, such that it can locate the nearest X. However, I may not want that X to know my location. So I would like to request the proxy to use my location for the lookup, and then remove it from the request

Hence a new requirement: it must be possible for the UAC to indicate to a proxy that it should remove the location information

Regards,

Jeroen

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 16:37:15 -0500

At 10:35 PM 7/20/2006 +0200, Jeroen van Bemmel wrote:
>For scenario 1 (seeking nearest Pizza Hut) I think one would want to 
>provide the location to the proxy, such that it can locate the nearest X. 
>However, I may not want that X to know my location. So I would like to 
>request the proxy to use my location for the lookup, and then remove it 
>from the request

This can be solved by Pizza Hut responding with a 302 with the URI of 
nearest X (store, I assume).  This way, I send the new SIP Request with or 
without my Location (which will probably be needed if I want the pizza 
delivered, but not needed if I'm traveling to the store's location).

>
>Hence a new requirement: it must be possible for the UAC to indicate to a 
>proxy that it should remove the location information

given the above, I'm not sure this requirement is needed.

But it might be interesting if I can ask Pizza Hut to 3XX me to the nearest 
store.  I don't know how we would indicate that in a request to Pizza-Hut.com