Subject: [Sip] Outcome of discussion on tispan-connected-identity draft

From: "Elwell, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 23:12:32 +0100

During today's SIP meeting there was discussion of
draft-elwell-sip-tispan-connected-identity-01. This was in the context of
open issue 1 in draft-ietf-sip-connected-identity-00. My view of what
emerged was as follows (please correct me if necessary).

There were mixed views on the TISPAN use of the P-Asserted-Identity header
field to indicate the identity used for billing / authorisation purposes, as
opposed to the identity suitable for return call purposes that would be in
the From header field (with the possibility of authentication using Identity
header field). Opinions ranged from agreeing that it is reasonable, on the
one hand, to strong opposition to changing the meaning of the
P-Asserted-Identity header field on the other hand. Although ETSI TISPAN
requirements in this area are stated in
draft-jesske-sipping-tispan-requirements-02 and had been discussed in the
past, discussion with ETSI TISPAN on candidate mechanisms to satisfy these
requirements had not taken place previously. Because the primary topic of
the agenda slot was draft-ietf-sip-connected-identity, and because of the
absence of TISPAN liaison representatives in the meeting, it was not
possible to discuss the issue at length during this meeting. However, I was
encouraged to work with TISPAN representatives and assist them to contribute
further on the topic.

Open issue 1 in draft-ietf-sip-connected-identity-00 will be closed, with no
change. The document will not specify a response identity and will not
specify an option tag to inform a PSTN gateway that an UPDATE request will
follow the 200 response to the INVITE request. If any protocol enhancements
are required to support TISPAN callee identification requirements, these
will be covered in separate documents under a separate charter item.

TISPAN members on this mailing list (IETF SIP) are encouraged to take note
of the above.

John

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip