Subject: [Sip] Dialog usage on new status codes

From: "Drage, Keith (Keith)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 22:13:22 +0100

RFC 4485 (http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4485.txt) section 5 specifies:

   Dialog Usages: SIP allows for requests that normally create their own
      dialog (such as SUBSCRIBE) to be used within a dialog created by
      another method (such as INVITE).  In such a case, there are said
      to be multiple usages of that dialog.  Extensions SHOULD consider
      their interaction with dialog usages.  In particular, extensions
      that define new error response codes SHOULD describe whether that
      response code causes the dialog and all usages to terminate, or
      just a specific usage.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-acr-code-01.txt

does this by implication:

   A UAC the does not understand or care about the specific semantics of
   the 433 response will treat it as a 400 response.

But this could be much much more explicit.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-location-conveyance-03.txt

does not seem to have any information on this whatsoever.

Can I ask all editor's of i-ds with new response code values to make sure this is covered.

regards

Keith

Keith Drage
Lucent Technologies
[email-masked]
tel: +44 1793 776249

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip