Subject: [Sip] Reason Header with 424

From: "Brian Rosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 08:56:44 -0400

It has been pointed out that the new 424 Bad Location Information error code
defined in location-conveyance does not provide sufficient information for
the recipient to know what was wrong with the location that prompted the
error.

We propose to resolve this by allowing a Reason header in the 424(Bad
Location Information) response.  We note that RFC3326 Which defines the
Reason header states that it normally isn't used in a response, but a
standards track RFC could allow this functionality.  We propose that this
document do so.  Our expectation would be that geopriv would process an RFC
that establishes a sub-registry for the Reason codes.  We'll write a draft
on this to get the ball started if this seems like a reasonable approach.
We would not make location-conveyance normatively dependent on the
subregistry.

Brian and James

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip