Subject: [Sip] updated GRUU spec

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 17:02:52 -0400

I've just submitted an update to the GRUU spec based on comments on the 
list. Until it appears, you can pick it up at:

* noted that, in the outbound direction, if the home proxy is not on
the original request path, another proxy in that domain needs to put in 
a record-route
that points to it. Provide links to some mechanism which allows a home
proxy to get on the outbound request path

* clarified that, if an outbound proxy is used, the request has to
   visit the domain from which the gruu was obtained before being
   forwarded to the party in the r-uri. There are two ways documented
   to know this:

    a. using a service route obtained from the same proxy that sent you
    a gruu

    b. using an outbound proxy; configuration tells you what domain its
    from

* noted that an outbound proxy is not needed; rules above only apply
when one is used

* clarified the interaction of caller prefs and callee caps with gruu

* clarified how a proxy determines that a request is a mid-dialog
request

* clarified that GRUU basically implies you can't have a sip dialog
   without registration

* clarified that a UA, in processing a REGISTER response, is going to
   have to search for and extract its own contacts in case other UA
   registered against the same AOR

* changed rules on inclusion of grid/gruu URI param in the contact. A
   registered contact cannot have a grid or gruu URI
   param if its also got an instance ID. If there is no instance ID its
   ok. Correspondingly, removed check on making sure a contact wasn't a
   gruu for the AOR in the To field. This is not necessary now, and in
   fact is permitted and works fine.

* clarified that proxy processing of 'initial' requests applies when
   there are no Route headers. Consequently, treatment of
   dialog-forming requests which happen to have route headers is not
   specified.

* removed rfc2119 strength text from requirements section

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip