Subject: [Sip] CRLF draft?

From: "Attila Sipos" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 06:34:03 -0000

Every now and then I "hear" people mention CRLF.
Is there a draft for this?
Or a draft which mentions this?
I assume it's something where, instead of a full SIP
message, just a CRLF is sent to keep a NAT binding open.
Is it only meant for UDP or just for TCP or both?
Regards,
Attila
 
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Rohan Mahy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 16:32:54 -0800

Hi Attila,

This was described in an earlier version of the outbound draft.  The
text from the last version it appeared is below:

thanks,
-rohan

<section title="Double CRLF Processing">
<t>If the SIP server is acting as the TCP client and initiated the TCP
connection (meaning that this host did the active open), then the SIP
server MUST NOT perform any of the processing in this section. The
following only applies when the SIP server is acting as the TCP server
(meaning that this host did the passive open).</t>

<t>When the server receives a CRLF before the start line of a message
on a flow, it MUST send some data back on that same flow within 3
seconds. If no message is actively being sent, it SHOULD send back a
CRLF after waiting at least 1 second. The reason for waiting at least
1 second is that if the other end has an incorrect implementation and
incorrectly echoes the CRLF, this will stop the flow from going into a
live-lock state.</t>
</section>