Subject: [Sip] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-fries-sip-identity-usage-bcp-01.txt

From: "Fries, Steffen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 10:38:35 +0100

Hi,

please find below the announcement for the updated draft on the SIP
Identity BCP describing the use of SIP Identity for the protection of
credential exchange between clients.
We updated the draft and discussed the use cases more elaborately and
also included the handling of the reverse direction using the connected
identity approach.

We would be interested if this work is seen as useful in the scope of
the SIP WG at is is right now or if additions are needed.

Regards
	Steffen

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2006 9:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fries-sip-identity-usage-bcp-01.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: SIP Identity Usage BCP
	Author(s)	: S. Fries, et al.
	Filename	: draft-fries-sip-identity-usage-bcp-01.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2006-12-11
	
This document describes a use case for RFC4474 (SIP Identity) for
   verifying a certificate that might not be publicly verifiable by
   traditional means.  It provides a best current practice document for
   binding an identity to a certificate for the duration of a session.
   The certificate may then be used to bootstrap further security
   parameters, e.g., for securing media data.  A discussion of possible
   enhancements is included in the appendix.  Editors Note: The first
   version of this draft was discussed in the SIPPING WG.  As the target
   of this draft is a BCP for current issues, the draft was updated and
   submitted to the SIP WG.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fries-sip-identity-usage-bcp-0
1.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-fries-sip-identity-usage-bcp-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-fries-sip-identity-usage-bcp-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip