Subject: [Sip] Transport used by SIP UA

From: "Adarsh Guler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 12:05:17 +0530

HI

If an UAC is configured to use the UDP port and a SIP Proxy is
configured to use TCP port.

The UAC is keep sending messages in UDP port, but Sip Proxy don't
respond, since it is listening on TCP port.

In this scenario, how UAC should know that Proxy is listening on TCP
Port....???

Thanks

Adarsh.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 23:04:47 -0500

From: "Adarsh Guler" <[email-masked]>

   In this scenario, how UAC should know that Proxy is listening on
   TCP Port....???

If the UAC decides to send a message to a SIP proxy, it must have
learned, by some method, the SIP proxy's host address, port number,
and protocol on which it is listening.  This information is derived
from the SIP URI which the UAC attempts to send to.  The process is
described in RFC 3263.

Dale