Subject: [Sip] SIP Certificate Authentication solution draft

From: "Steve Dotson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 19:00:36 -0700

I would like to draw your attention to a new Internet Draft,
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dotson-sip-certificate-auth-so
l-00.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dotson-sip-certificate-auth-s
ol-00.txt> 
 
This document specifies SIP Certificate Authentication (SCA), a
challenge-response mechanism that uses public key cryptography to
perform certificate-based authentication in Session Initiation Protocol
(SIP) based architectures.  Performing authentication in SIP with
certificates will provide stronger authentication capabilities and
increase possible deployment scenarios in SIP networks.  The scope is
limited to the authentication of the SIP UA to the SIP Service
Provider's network.  It does not include UA to UA authentication within
its scope.

This document is based on the requirements listed in
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dotson-sip-certificate-auth-01
.txt. Please provide feedback on both the technical content and the
concept itself.

Thanks,

Steve.

Steve Dotson

Senior Architect, PacketCable 

CableLabs(r)
858 Coal Creek Circle

Louisville, CO 80027-9750

Phone:  303.661.9100
Direct: 303.661.3372

Email: [email-masked]
Web: http://www.cablelabs.com
 
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip