Subject: [Sip] Comments: draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-sip-04

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 11:12:20 -0600

The sigcomp-sip revisions look good. I have a couple of small comments 
on the new text that should be easy to resolve:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Section 8.3:
>    To indicate that such state will continue
>    to be available, the SigComp endpoint can inform its peer SigComp
>    endpoint by announcing the (partial) state ID in the returned SigComp
>    parameters at the end of the registration, dialog, or transaction
>    that was supposed to limit the lifetime of the SigComp state.

I think this is left-over language from the time that dialogs and 
transactions could have associated compartments. I suggest:

   To indicate that such state will continue  
   to be available, the SigComp endpoint can inform its peer SigComp
   endpoint by announcing the (partial) state ID in the returned SigComp
   parameters upon termination of the registration.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nit; Section 8.4:

> Section 9 provides network administrators with recommendations so that 
> they configure they networks properly.

...should be:

    Section 9 provides network administrators with recommendations so
    that they can configure their networks properly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aside from these two small corrections, I think the document is ready 
for publication. I still believe that it would be improved by the 
addition of an example SIP message (instead of mere excerpts), and I am 
re-including my suggestion from a previous review below. However, I 
think the document serves its purpose even without the example, and see 
no reason to hinder its progress simply because it lacks such an example.

   REGISTER sip:example.net SIP/2.0
   Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.0.2.247:2078;branch=z9hG4bK-et736vsjirav;
        rport;sigcomp-id="urn:uuid:2e5fdc76-00be-4314-8202-1116fa82a473"
   From: "Joe User" <sip:[email-masked]>;tag=6to4gh7t5j
   To: "Bob User" <sip:[email-masked]>
   Call-ID: 3c26700c1adb-lu1lz5ri5orr
   CSeq: 215196 REGISTER
   Max-Forwards: 70
   Contact: <sip:[email-masked]:2078;
            sigcomp-id=urn%3auuid%3a2e5fdc76-00be-4314-8202-1116fa82a473>;
            q=1.0; expires=3600;
            +sip.instance="<urn:uuid:2e5fdc76-00be-4314-8202-1116fa82a473>"
   Content-Length: 0

/a

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip