Subject: [Sip] Draft to clarify the privacy mechanism

From: Mayumi Munakata <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 22:09:19 +0900

Hi all,

We have submitted a draft clarifying the privacy mechanism.
The draft replaces our previous draft discussed in SIPPING
at IETF67 in San Diego. We have tried to incorporate the
comments given at the previous meeting, and as a result,
it is now in a scope of SIP WG, we believe.

The draft is intended to obsolete RFC 3323. It redefines the
Privacy mechanism and specifies priv-values of "nw-level",
"all", and "none". The draft makes an assumption that when
user requests privacy, it is based on a binary decision.
The user either requests privacy for the whole message or
no privacy at all.

"nw-level"
Request that a privacy service removes or obscures
intermediary inserted/modified information.

"all"
Request that a privacy service removes or obscures all user
privacy related information, i.e. both user inserted
information and intermediary inserted/modified information.

"none"
A privacy service should not perform any privacy functions
for the purpose of obscuring user agent's information.

The draft also describes the desired treatment of each SIP
header/parameter that contains user privacy related information.

Any suggestions and comments would be appreciated.

SIP Privacy Clarified
draft-munakata-sip-privacy-clarified-00

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-munakata-sip-privacy-clarified-00.txt

Thanks,
Mayumi Munakata

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip