Subject: [Sip] [draft-ietf-sip-outbound-07] Edge proxy mechanisms

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 12:37:49 +0200

Hello,

  About  draft-ietf-sip-outbound-07, I want to ask the following.

Q-1)

  About the edge proxy mechanisms I read

{
5.1.  Processing Register Requests

    When an Edge Proxy receives a registration request with a reg-id
    header parameter in the Contact header field, it needs to determine
    if it (the edge proxy) will have to be visited for any subsequent
    requests sent to the user agent identified in the Contact header
    field, or not.
}

  Because there is a " need to determine" then must be some cases that  
"the edge proxy could not be visited again".
  So I do not understand in the text above why "the edge proxy could  
not be visited again for any subsequent requests sent to the UAC in  
the Contact header  field".

  I can only imagine one situation. The edge proxy could notice that  
the domain of the UAC registering (in Contact header field) could  
imply that it (the edge proxy) is not going to be visited again due  
that to reach that UAC in the future the edge proxy will be not  
involved...

  Could you clarify the situation?

Q-2)

  How can the edge proxy determine if it will have to be visited again?

Regards,

Sergio

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip