Subject: [Sip] Reminder: Intended status needed in front matter of drafts

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 14:25:26 -0600

I've been reminded that all IDs sent for publication are now expected  
to have an "Intended status" field in their front matter.

xml2rc handles this in the "category" field of the "rfc" element. For  
example, I just revised the autoanswer draft, and it has the following:

<rfc ipr="full3978" category="std" docName="draft-ietf-sip- 
answermode-02">

This produces an Intended status: of "Standards track" in the front  
matter section as reproduced below:

SIP Working Group                                         D. Willis, Ed.
Internet-Draft                                             Cisco Systems
Intended status: Standards Track                                A. Allen
Expires: September 5, 2007                      Research in Motion (RIM)
                                                            March 4,  
2007

--
Dean

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 18:10:38 -0500

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>

It's actually rather hard to find a definitive listing of the Intended
Status values.  The code of xml2rfc has this list:

             { {std  "Standards Track" STD
"This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for the Internet
community, and requests discussion and suggestions for improvements.
Please refer to the current edition of the &ldquo;Internet Official Protocol
Standards&rdquo; (STD&nbsp;1) for the standardization state and status of this
protocol.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited."}

               {bcp      "Best Current Practice" BCP
"This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the Internet
Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for improvements.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited."}

               {info     "Informational" FYI
"This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited."}

               {exp      "Experimental" EXP
"This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.
Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited."}

               {historic "Historic" ""
"This memo describes a historic protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited."} }

Dale