Subject: [Sip] Jabber Experiment

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:55:53 +0100

We hope to simulcast a type transcription of today's meeting on  
Jabber. This will be in a different Jabber chat than that used for  
meeting discussion.

The transcription will be in: [email-masked]

We will also use [email-masked] for support of remote  
participants and for some discourse in the meeting.

This raises the question: We need a volunteer to monitor  
[email-masked] and bring questions to the mike as needed? It  
would also help if you can put in some occasional "synchronization  
guides", like changes of topic and possibly slide numbers. Anyone not  
volunteering, please take three steps back.

--
Dean

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Scott Lawrence <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 22:45:24 +0100

> volunteering, please take three steps back.

Vijay and I took some questions about the domain-certs work to the PKIX
working group session today (more on the results at the next SIP WG),
which conflicted with todays SIP session.  I put up both of the jabber
chats, and was able to do quite well following what was going on (modulo
the many places where the transcriptionist was forced to resort to
"(Several people talking at once)").

We should consider making this a regular feature, I think (as well as
having a SIP conference bridge that people can call in to).

-- 
Scott Lawrence  tel:+1-781-938-5306;ext=162 or sip:[email-masked]
  sipXpbx project coordinator - SIPfoundry    http://www.sipfoundry.org/sipX
  Chief Technology Officer    - Pingtel Corp. http://www.pingtel.com/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 20:59:41 -0500

From: Scott Lawrence <[email-masked]>

I would expect that the transcription is a *major* aid to people with
low bandwidth connections (i.e., the entire Third World), hearing
imparment, or weak English skills, and provides us with an archival
copy of the proceedings.

As for providing a SIP conference bridge:  (1) I expect we can get
some conference bridge manufacturer to pay for it as a marketing
ploy.  (2) The cobbler's children, etc.

Dale