Subject: [Sip] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-answermode-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 18:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Requesting Answering Modes for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: D. Willis, A. Allen
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sip-answermode-02.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 2007-3-5
	
This document defines two SIP extension header fields and associated
   option tags that can be used in INVITE requests to convey the
   requester's preference for user-interface handling related to
   answering of that request.  The first header, "Answer-Mode",
   expresses a preference as to whether the target node's user interface
   waits for user input before accepting the request or instead accepts
   the request without waiting on user input.  The second header, "Priv-   Answer-Mode" is similar to the first, except that it requests
   administrative-level access and has consequent additional
   authentication and authorization requirements.  These behaviors have
   applicability to applications such as Push-to-Talk and to diagnostics
   like loop-back.  Usage of each header field in a response to indicate
   how the request was handled is also defined.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-answermode-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-sip-answermode-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-answermode-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip