Subject: [Sip] draft-sinnreich-sip-tools-01 - Simple SIP Usage Scenario

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 10:48:17 -0500

A few comments concerning draft-sinnreich-sip-tools-01:

Substantive:

4.2. Instant Messaging 

   Instant messaging for SIP is based on the simple extension      
   "MESSAGE" defined in [8].  

I recall people who know more about messaging than me saying that
having an extended IM session using MESSAGE is a Bad Idea, and that
one wants to use a session with MSRP or TOIP media.  (Adjusting
section 4.2 to mention these alternatives doesn't change the essence
of your proposal, but makes it more practical for messaging.)

Editorial:

Page 4:

   It represents an attempt to reign in the seemingly endless set 

"rein", please!

Page 5:

   In conclusion, simple SIP is limited to the original intent of SIP; 

I think you want to use ":" there, rather than ";", as the following
clause *is* the original intent of SIP, rather than a thought that is
parallel to this clause.

Dale

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip