Subject: Re: [Sip] Updated draft-niemi-sip-subnot-etags

From: Aki Niemi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:55:56 +0200

Hi David,

I seem to have never replied to this email, but I did read it. ;-)

pe, 2006-11-10 kello 16:34 +0100, ext David Viamonte kirjoitti:
<snip>
> The problem I see with this is that the Watcher is not able to
> determine whether the "etag" was the same, or simply a subsequent
> "NOTIFY" message gets lost due to congestion problems.

Good point. This got fixed in the latest version by introduction of the
new response code 204 (No Notification).

> PS.- I agree that covering the RLS case in this doc would be extremely
> desirable, as Etags and RLS are seen as two major Presence traffic
> optimization mechanisms, and it would be very convenient to be able to
> use them together.

There is now a dedicated section to talk about List Subscriptions. It
has an open issue though, so suggestions are welcome.

Thanks again for the comments.

Cheers,
Aki

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip