Subject: [Sip] Outbound-08: Editorial comment and question on chapter 5.4

From: "Christer Holmberg \(JO/LMF\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:16:57 +0100

Hi,

The text in chapter 5.4 says:

"When a server receives a double-CRLF sequence on a connection oriented
transport such as TCP or SCTP, it MUST immediately responds with a
single CRLF over the same connection."

I would propose the following:

"All edge proxies compliant with this specification MUST implement
support for the CRLF keepalive mechanism on its SIP ports as described
in Section 4.4.2."

QUESTION: should the CRLF keepalive mechanism be described separate from
the outbound mechanism itself (similar to STUN keepalive, which is
described in chapter 8), in case someone wants to use it without
outbound?

Regards,

Christer

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip