Subject: [Sip] To tag in final error responses

From: "Christer Holmberg \(JO/LMF\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 23:06:54 +0100

Hi,

Chapter of 3261 says:

"However, if the To header field in the request did not contain a tag,
the URI in the To
header field in the response MUST equal the URI in the To header field;
additionally, the UAS MUST add a tag to the To header field in the
response (with the exception of the 100 (Trying) response, in which a
tag MAY be present).  This serves to identify the UAS that is
responding, possibly resulting in a component of a dialog ID."

My question is: is there a reason why a final error response to an
initial INVITE, for which NO provisional responses have been sent (ie no
dialog has been established), must contain a To tag?

Regards,

Christer

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip