Subject: [Sip] draft-irtf-eme-francis-nutss-design-00.txt

From: "Paul Francis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 15:01:39 -0400

Sorry for the multi-mailing list spam, but I just wanted to alert the
"signaling community" to the recent draft in the EME (End-Middle-End) RG.
The design described is sort-of a mash-up of SIP and NSIS...

https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/eme to join the EME mailing list.

Thanks,

PF

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Francis 
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 2:10 PM
To: eme
Cc: Paul Francis
Subject: finally!: draft-irtf-eme-francis-nutss-design-00.txt

Gang,

After weeks of quiet, we have finally generated a draft design/architecture
(called NUTSS) for the EME research group.  Its posted at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-eme-francis-nutss-design-00.tx
t

The intent here is to use this as a strawman to generate concrete discussion,
with a goal of having a pretty solid proposal to bang on at an EME meeting in
Chicago this July.  Given the relatively short time frame, it'd be great if
folks could give this a read and start commenting in the next week or so.
The draft is not as long as it seems...most of it is examples.

The main feature of the NUTSS is the "dual signaling" approach, where both
path-coupled and path-decoupled signaling are tightly coordinated in order to
overcome the limitations of either mode alone.  Some form of dual-signaling
seems necessary to me, but there might be many ways to manage it.  This draft
suggests one way...others might have better ideas.

Thanks,

PF

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip