Subject: [Sip] Draft response to OMA LS 178 on xcap-diff

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 15:52:55 -0500

OMA sent us a liaison statement on xcap-diff before the Prague  
meeting. This LS is available at:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/liaison_detail.cgi?detail_id=303

We owe them a response. I propose the following:

DRAFT response to OMA LS 178 on xcap-diff

The IETF SIP working group thanks the OMA PAG working group for  
communicating with us in regards to PAG's requirements for an XCAP  
event package.

A design team met in an ad-hoc session during IETF 68, and reached  
the conclusion that a more general solution to the problem of change  
reporting on XCAP documents than that provided by the current SIPPING  
config framework draft would be desirable. The team achieved  
consensus on working from the document draft-urpalainen-sip-xcap-diff- 
event-01 as baseline text.

It has not yet been determined by the IETF leadership as to which  
working group will develop this event package, but current indicators  
are that this would be within the scope of the SIPPING working group,  
and that initial editorial work will be provided in large part by  
Jari Urpalienen.

The largest open issue with this work appears to be related to the  
initial synchronization phase. Questions related to this were raised  
by Jari on the SIP mailing list on April 25. The SIP working group  
would like to encourage OMA PAG to participate in this discussion on  
the SIP mailing list and to consider whether the limitations of the  
current mechanism as discussed by Jari are acceptable for PAG's  
requirements.

--
Dean Willis

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip