Subject: [Sip] De-Registering by User Agent

From: "Santosh Karankoti" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 18:08:00 +0530

Hello,

This is Santosh.

I want my UA application to de-register from the location service by making
a request explicitly to it so that as if a proper call flow goes. Like 

1) INVITE request by UAC

2) For which 200 OK from UAS 

3) Then ACK by UAC 

And session established.

I feel this I can do it by sending a REGISTER request with '0' expiry
interval. And my UA will get de-deregistered from the services. That is my
Address Of Record will be removed, and my existence is unknown to the
network. If I want to use the service, again I need to send a new REGISTER
request to UAS for location service to know my existence in the domain for
usage of capability features of the server.

Kindly comment whether I am doing it in correct way? Or let me know if there
are any other ways of getting deregistered? If at all any wrong statements,
comments are welcomed on it.

Thanks and regards,

Santosh Karankoti

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 10:10:24 -0400

From: "Santosh Karankoti" <[email-masked]>

   I feel this I can do it by sending a REGISTER request with '0' expiry
   interval. And my UA will get de-deregistered from the services.

That is correct.

   That is my Address Of Record will be removed, and my existence is
   unknown to the network.

De-registering removes your contact address from the AOR.  Whether The
RFCs do not specify whether the AOR "becomes unknown".

Dale