Subject: [Sip] Location-conveyance: ISSUE #1 - self signed certificates

From: "Drage, Keith \(Keith\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 02:32:47 +0200

(As SIP WG chair)

During the review of the WGLC comments, we have identified some issues
where we need consensus calls on the list. These are in one call per
message.

There is mention of self-signed certificates in
draft-ietf-sip-location-conveyance. It is proposed to remove that
requirement:

   "Self-signed certificates SHOULD NOT be used for protecting a PIDF, 
   as the sender does not have a secure identity of the recipient."

Essentially we agreed that if this statement was necessary, it should be
made in draft-ietf-sip-certs, rather than in location-conveyance.

We will assume that this removal represents WG consensus unless we hear
otherwise from the WG in 7 calendar days from the posting of this
message.

Regards

Keith

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip