Subject: [Sip] Outbound-08 Processing REGISTER Responses

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 15:20:50 +0300

Hi,

1.

  Reading outbound-08 I did not find any comment about where the  
flowtoken must be located in a REGISTER response (from a Registrar to  
the Edge Proxy).

  I guess that it should be in the Path header, could you confirm this issue?

2.

  Below I include a REGISTER request and 200 OK response between an  
Edge Proxy and a Registrar in the following scenario.

    UAC ------------ EdgePx ----------- Registrar
[10.1.0.11]       [10.1.0.6]          [10.1.0.5]

I will appreciate any comments about the composition of the SIP body.

                             REGISTER
    UAC ------------ EdgePx ----------> Registrar
[10.1.0.11]       [10.1.0.6]          [10.1.0.5]

         REGISTER sip:10.1.0.5 SIP/2.0
         Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.1.0.6:5060;branch=branch-pending
         Via: SIP/2.0/TCP 10.1.0.11:5060;rport;branch=z9hG4bK1988891527
         From: <sip:[email-masked]>;tag=692882550
         To: <sip:[email-masked]>
         Call-ID: [email-masked]
         CSeq: 1 REGISTER
         Contact:  
<sip:[email-masked]>;+sip-instance="<urn:uuid:82b22a1f-25bb-4c7d-9e09-a78d5d5f8755>";reg-id=1
         Path: <sip:6q1vwDv9ahfsyBEKAQBrE8QKAQAGE8Q=@10.1.0.6:5060;lr;ob>
         Max-forwards: 69
         User-agent:
         Expires: 3600
         Supported: path
         Content-Length: 0

                               200 OK
    UAC ------------ EdgePx <---------- Registrar
[10.1.0.11]       [10.1.0.6]          [10.1.0.5]

         SIP/2.0 200 OK
         Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.1.0.6:5060;branch=branch-pending
         Via: SIP/2.0/TCP 10.1.0.11:5060;rport;branch=z9hG4bK1988891527
         From: <sip:[email-masked]>;tag=692882550
         To: <sip:[email-masked]>
         Call-ID: [email-masked]
         CSeq: 1 REGISTER
         Contact:  
<sip:[email-masked]>;+sip-instance="<urn:uuid:82b22a1f-25bb-4c7d-9e09-a78d5d5f8755>";reg-id=1
         Path: <sip:6q1vwDv9ahfsyBEKAQBrE8QKAQAGE8Q=@10.1.0.6:5060;lr;>
         Max-forwards: 69
         User-agent:
         Expires: 3600
         Supported: outbound
         Content-Length: 0

Regards,

Sergio

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Kevin Johns" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 08:24:16 -0600

Sergio,

In regard to your first point, section 6 of outbound-08 states that the
registrar MUST support the Path header mechanism. RFC 3327 indicates
that the registrar copies the received PATH header into the successful
(200 class) REGISTER response. So I am not sure outbound needs to say
anything about this given it is covered in RFC 3327.

As for your second point, from an outbound perspective I notice that you
do not have the ob parameter in the supported header of the register
response. There are a few other errors, but they are not related to
outbound (e.g., the REGISTER from the EP to Registrar is missing the
rport value and the receive parameter in the Via header).

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 6:21 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Sip] Outbound-08 Processing REGISTER Responses

Hi,

1.

  I guess that it should be in the Path header, could you confirm this
issue?

2.

  Below I include a REGISTER request and 200 OK response between an Edge
Proxy and a Registrar in the following scenario.

                             REGISTER

         REGISTER sip:10.1.0.5 SIP/2.0
         Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.1.0.6:5060;branch=branch-pending
         Via: SIP/2.0/TCP 10.1.0.11:5060;rport;branch=z9hG4bK1988891527
         From: <sip:[email-masked]>;tag=692882550
         To: <sip:[email-masked]>
         Call-ID: [email-masked]
         CSeq: 1 REGISTER
         Contact:  
<sip:[email-masked]>;+sip-instance="<urn:uuid:82b22a1f-25bb-4c7d-9e09-
a78d5d5f8755>";reg-id=1
         Path:
<sip:6q1vwDv9ahfsyBEKAQBrE8QKAQAGE8Q=@10.1.0.6:5060;lr;ob>
         Max-forwards: 69
         User-agent:
         Expires: 3600
         Supported: path
         Content-Length: 0

                               200 OK

         SIP/2.0 200 OK
<sip:[email-masked]>;+sip-instance="<urn:uuid:82b22a1f-25bb-4c7d-9e09-
a78d5d5f8755>";reg-id=1

Regards,

Sergio

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol Use
[email-masked] for questions on current sip Use
[email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 19:03:57 +0300

Hi,

  Thank you for your comments.

1.

> anything about this given it is covered in RFC 3327.

  Yes, it is true.
  I did not notice that the Path header is 'copied' and not 'composed'  
in the response, so I agree that it is not necessary to mention about  
it in the draft.

{
RFC 3327
5.3 Procedures at the Registrar

The registrar copies the Path
    header field values into a Path header field in the successful (200
    class) REGISTER response.
}

2.

> rport value and the receive parameter in the Via header).

  Thank you.
  Yes, it has some errors, I also noticed that 'caller' must be  
'callee' in the To and From headers.

Regards,

Sergio