Subject: [Sip] UAS behaviour in response to a CANCEL request

From: Stephen McVarnock <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 14:57:34 +0100

Hi folks,
     If a UAC sends a CANCEL request to the UAS, is the UAS under any 
obligation for the order in which it sends it's responses? i.e.:-

It must send the 200 OK for the CANCEL before it sends the 487 for the 
INVITE request.

or

It must send the 487 to the INVITE before it sends the 200 OK for the 
CANCEL request.

Having a look at section 9 of RFC 3261, it makes no mention of this 
which I assume implies that either situation should be dealt is acceptable.

Thanks in advance for any help supplied.

Regards,
    Steve

-- 

***********************************************************************
* Stephen McVarnock         * Email: [email-masked]     *
* Senior Software Developer * WWW  : http://www.aepona.com            *
* Aepona Ltd.,              * Phone: +44 (0)28 9026 9114              *
* Interpoint Building,      * Fax  : +44 (0)28 9026 9111              *
* 20-24 York Street,        *                                         *
* Belfast. BT15 1AQ         *                                         *
* N. Ireland                *                                         *
***********************************************************************

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 15:54:18 -0400

From: Stephen McVarnock <[email-masked]>

As Paul says, it doesn't matter how the responses are sent, because
the network could reorder them before they are received.

Dale