Subject: [Sip] Ready for WGLC on SIPS draft? Any last thoughts on transport=tls?

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 10:58:48 -0500

A new version of the SIPS draft has been posted:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-sips-04.txt

The author thinks this is ready for last call. I think that, given  
the below discussion, it probably is too. But there is one issue I'm  
worried about.

We know it doesn't fix everything, we're not sure it is possible to  
fix everything with SIPS, but we are committed to fixing what we can.  
So please don't bother to say it isn't worth the effort since it  
doesn't make SIPS perfect -- you might be right, but that alone is  
insufficient reason to block things. One step at a time. I'm sure  
we'll be taking further steps in this space.

Now, for te issue I'm worried about:

I have received some personal feedback from more than one credible  
source that the draft's direction on transport=tls is inconsistent  
with the real world and possibly not optimal. But so far, Juha has  
been the only one I've noticed trying to explain this issue "on the  
record", and one voice does not overbalance a quiet consensus. So I'd  
like to ask the rest of you (if any) who actually feel this way to  
step up to the plate and explain what you're talking about, because I  
don't get it and it looks like a bunch of the WG doesn't get it.  
Please! If you don't step up now, I'm probably going to make rude  
"raspberry" noises if you bring it up someplace like Chicago.

--
Dean (chair hat stapled to head so it doesn't blow off in the coming  
storm)

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip