Subject: [Sip] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-subnot-etags-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: An Extension to Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Events for Conditional Event Notification
	Author(s)	: A. Niemi
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sip-subnot-etags-00.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2007-5-10

   The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) events framework enables
   receiving asynchronous notification of various events from other SIP
   user agents.  This framework defines the procedures for creating,
   refreshing and terminating subscriptions, as well as fetching and
   periodic polling of resource state.  These procedures have a serious
   deficiency in that they do not allow state to persist over a
   subscription refresh, or between two consecutive polls.  This
   inability to suppress notifications of state already known to the
   subscriber results in superfluous traffic in the network.  This memo
   defines an extension to SIP events that allows the subscriber to
   condition the subscription request to whether the state has changed
   since the previous notification was received.  When such a condition
   is true, either the body of an event notification or the entire
   notification message is suppressed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-subnot-etags-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-sip-subnot-etags-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-subnot-etags-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip