Subject: [Sip] Error code when password expired.

From: "Anand Kumaravel, TLS-Chennai" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 15:59:38 +0530

Hi All,

            Can any one please explain, what error code should the
server respond with, when it gets a REGISTER with expired credentials. 

Is there any standard explaining this behavior.

Thanks,

Anand Kumaravel

DISCLAIMER:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in 
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of 
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and 
attachments please check them for viruses and defect.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Avasarala Ranjit-A20990" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 20:24:25 +0800

one option is server can send a 401 Unauthorized with a new set of
credentials. Then the user can re register

Regards 
Ranjit 

________________________________

From: Anand Kumaravel, TLS-Chennai [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2007 4:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sip] Error code when password expired.

Hi All,

Thanks,

Anand Kumaravel

DISCLAIMER:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and
intended for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its
affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in 
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily
reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure,
modification, distribution and / or publication of 
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this
e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender
immediately. Before opening any mail and 
attachments please check them for viruses and defect.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------

---

From: "Brett Tate" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 08:35:31 -0400

The stale parameter can also be indicated within the 401 response; see
rfc2617 section 3.3.

	From: Avasarala Ranjit-A20990 [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2007 8:24 AM
	To: Anand Kumaravel, TLS-Chennai; [email-masked]
	Subject: RE: [Sip] Error code when password expired.

	one option is server can send a 401 Unauthorized with a new set
of credentials. Then the user can re register

	Regards 
	Ranjit 

	 

	Hi All,

	            Can any one please explain, what error code should
the server respond with, when it gets a REGISTER with expired
credentials. 

	Thanks,

	Anand Kumaravel

DISCLAIMER: