Subject: [Sip] comments on draft-sparks-sip-invfix-00.txt

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 16:26:14 -0400

I support this fix.

On a procedural note, its great that Robert has done the work of 
building the actual patch to be made to RFC 3261. However, I'm not sure 
if thats the form that the essential corrections spec will actually 
take. Its actually quite hard to read in this form. Indeed my main 
comment is, certainly for consideration by the working group, it would 
be better to document the actual change in a summarized form rather than 
the specific paragraph changes. That will help in our evaluation of it.

Perhaps the biggest change in here is that stray responses are no longer 
forwarded upstream; I don't think this is emphasized enough and is 
arguably a bigger problem than the request retransmit problem, which is 
more of a corner case I would say.

-Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip