Subject: [Sip] CFP - International Conference on IP Multimedia Subsystem Architecture and Applications

From: "Samir Saklikar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 10:02:15 +0530

International Conference on IP Multimedia Subsystems Architecture and
Applications-2007 (IMSAA-2007),

http://www.iiitb.ac.in/imsaa2007/index.html ,

6th-8th December 2007, Bangalore, India,

by IEEE Bangalore-Section and International Institute of Information
Technology – Bangalore (iiit-b).

*Call for Papers*: http://www.iiitb.ac.in/imsaa2007/callforpapers.html

*Important Dates:*

*Last Date for Registration of Paper (Title and Abstract): *31st July, 2007
*Last Date for* *Complete Paper Submission*:  6th August, 2007
Paper review reports: 15th September 2007
Submission of the Camera ready papers: 5th October 2007

The IMSAA 2007 technical program committee is soliciting papers
addressing the research challenges and advances towards a world of
converged and intelligent services, based on novel applications and
extensions to the IMS framework. Papers must present original and
previously unpublished work, validated by experimentation, simulation,
or analysis. Practical experiences and experimental efforts, including
submissions from industry, including both telecom providers and device
vendors, addressing both successes and limitations with IMS, are
particularly welcome. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to
the following:

   - Architectures and Runtimes for IMS Elements

   - Application Server Architectures and Converged Containers
      - Architectures for Rich and Scalable Presence
      - Service Mediation and Billing Platforms

   - IMS Core Services

   - Real-time Service Support: (voice, video calls, multimedia
      conferencing, multiplayer gaming)
      - Content/Context-aware services: (Location, presence, social
      and community context)
      - Service Creation Environments (IMS, SCIM, Service Delivery
      Platforms, Integrated environments)

   - Device,  Subscriber, Service and Network Management

   - Provisioning and management (Handsets, PDA's, Set top Box, Home
      Gateway)

   - Subscriber and User Profile Management
      - Managing  the quality of the user experience (QoE, QoS)
      - End to end Performance Measurement  and modeling  (signaling,
      media, services)

   - Operator Network Planning

   - Routing and Load Balancing

   - Redundancy and Fault Tolerance
      - MVNO Operations and Support

   - Novel IMS-based Applications

   - Gaming and mixed-reality
      - Environmental and Sensor Monitoring
      - Multimedia Content Sharing
      - Converged IN
      - Converged Home Network
      - IPTV over IMS

   - Security, Identity  Management and Privacy

   - Privacy and Security in Composite Applications
      - Privacy in LBS

   - IMS and Alternative Technologies

   - P2P and IMS (VoIP, Instant Messaging, Gaming)
      - Integrating IMS and Web2.0 services  (Mashups, Rich Internet
      Applications)
      - User-generated Services and Content
   - Case Studies and Status of IMS deployment

   - Interoperability Testing
      - IMS Support in Vendor Products

   - Benchmarking IMS Services and Applications

   - Testbeds and Software Tools

   - Service Test and Validation Platforms
      - Open Source Initiatives
      - Benchmarking IMS Services and Applications

   - IMS Clients and Devices

   - IMS-aware consumer devices
      - Media/communication platform s

*Paper Submission Format:*
Papers must be submitted in IEEE format (.pdf file). The EDAS Website
for uploading the paper is http://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=5595.  Papers
for review: Double-column, 11pt IEEE format and no longer than 7 pages
(including all figures and references). Camera ready paper: It will be
in double-column, IEEE format, but in 10 pt font, and no longer than 6
pages (including all figures and references).

 Technical Committee: http://www.iiitb.ac.in/imsaa2007/technicalcomm.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "DRAGE, Keith \(Keith\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 15:12:35 +0200

On the SIP list, we generally try and discourage conference postings, as:

-	there are plenty of other channels for such postings to be made.
-	none of us have the bandwidth for every possible conference and seminar on voice over IP issues that would otherwise get posted.

We strongly suggest that if you have such a posting, you consult with the chairs first before making such a posting. What we want to hear before accepting such a posting, is how such a posting supports the general aims of the SIP WG. Conferences that are focussed on identifying and presenting new SIP techniques may well be acceptable; applying SIP into IMS is quite possibly not within scope.

Regards

Keith

________________________________

	From: Samir Saklikar [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 5:32 AM
	To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
	Subject: [Sip] CFP - International Conference on IP Multimedia SubsystemArchitecture and Applications

	International Conference on IP Multimedia Subsystems Architecture and Applications-2007 (IMSAA-2007),