Subject: [Sip] Updated hittchhikers guide to SIP

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 22:13:32 -0400

I've just submitted a new version of the hitchhikers guide. You can pick 
it up at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-hitchhikers-guide-03.txt

The changes from -02 are:

* connected-identity -> RFC4916
* added record-route-fix and grouped it with fork-loop-fix into a new
item under SIP core called "essential corrections"
* added subnot-etags under event packages
* added sip-sips to core specs

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Diego B <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 09:36:29 +0300

Hi;
After a brief reading I found this document very useful as a guide to 
the SIP maze.

Just 2 typos regarding 3325 and 3323 (pages 5 and 9). They define the 
header P-Asserted-Identity and not P-Asserted-ID.

Thank you for putting together this document

Diego B

Jonathan Rosenberg wrote:
> I've just submitted a new version of the hitchhikers guide. You can 
> pick it up at:

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 11:20:16 +0200

Hi Jonathan,

A comment on the emergency services. The text does not address any of 
the citizen-to-authority emergency work.
Hence, the term "emergency services and the mentioning of 911 might be a 
bit misleading

You might want to change the section heading to something like 
"Preemption and Precedence".

Ciao
Hannes

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 14:41:05 -0400

Fixed. Thanks!

-Jonathan R.