Subject: [Sip] Need clarification on video with sip stack

From: Lakshmi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 09:33:23 +0530

Hello,

I am Lakshmi and a silent member of this mailing group. I need some 
clarification on sip stack. I am beginer of sip and got some work to 
work with sip.
The present sip stack what we have is only carries voice information. I 
have to enhance this voice phone to video phone. Means needs to 
implement video with sip stack so that sip stack should support this 
video featuer with voice phone.

According to my analysis , SIP doesn't require any modifications since 
sip concentrates on the session part and doesn't bother about what kind 
of session it was.
And sdp needs to change to do video parameters negotiation (Hope RTP 
payload also). Kindly clarify this concept or guide me how to proceed to 
accomplish this task. And also please correct if my analysis is wrong.

Regards,
-Lakshmi

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 11:54:28 +0530

Hi Lakshmi,
All the changes required in SIP stack is w.r.t addition of SDP
capabilities to support and negotiate Video codecs and related stuff.
SIP stack does not bother about RTP payload at all.
It is upto your video application to code and decode the rtp payload .

Regards
Kamal

-----Original Message-----
From: Lakshmi [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2007 9:33 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sip] Need clarification on video with sip stack

Hello,

Regards,
-Lakshmi