Subject: [Sip] New rev of draft-polk-sip-rph-in-responses-01

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 19:21:41 -0600

I revved this ID

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-polk-sip-rph-in-responses-01.txt

What's new in this version:

I clarified that this document deals with "use-case#1" - which is for 
the scenario in which a stateless proxy is surrounded by stateful 
proxies (a stated requirement to use Resource-Priority header, per 
RFC4412), and the stateless proxy needs to be able to rely on the 
Resource-Priority header value in responses.

I explicitly dismissed Janet Gunn's "use-case#2", described here
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/sip/draft-gunn-sip-req-for-rph-in-responses-00.txt 
from consideration in the draft, as it appears that use-case will be 
solved by using Diameter for their authorization of Resource-Priority 
header value in requests and responses.  I believe that is much 
better suited for what they were discussing in Vancouver.

I think I've made the above pretty clear in the doc.

I also rewrote some portions to make them clearer. Plus I fixed some nits.

If folks are agreeable that this document clearly articulates it's 
only covering "use-case#1", and not "use-case#2", I think this doc is 
done - meaning I feel LC can happen right after this becomes a WG doc.

Comments are welcome

James

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip