Subject: [Sip] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sip-xcapevent-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 22:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : An Extensible Markup Language (XML) Configuration Access Protocol (XCAP) Diff Event Package
	Author(s)       : J. Urpalainen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sip-xcapevent-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2008-02-24

This document describes an "xcap-diff" SIP event package, with the
aid of which clients can receive notifications of the partial changes
of Extensible Markup Language (XML) Configuration Access Protocol
(XCAP) resources.  The initial synchronization and document updates
are based on using the XCAP-Diff format.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-xcapevent-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sip-xcapevent-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-xcapevent-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Avshalom Houri <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 03:48:13 +0200

Few questions/clarifications:

Should there be a "content-disposition: recipient-list" header
included in the SUBSCRIBE?

When a SUBSCRIBE is refreshed, should the body sent again?

Is there a way to change the subscription if different body will be sent
in subsequent SUBSCRIBE?

Thanks
--Avshalom

[email-masked] 
Sent by: [email-masked]
25/02/2008 08:40

To
[email-masked]
cc
[email-masked]
Subject
[Sip] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sip-xcapevent-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group 
of the IETF.

                 Title           : An Extensible Markup Language (XML) 
Configuration Access Protocol (XCAP) Diff Event Package
                 Author(s)       : J. Urpalainen
                 Filename        : draft-ietf-sip-xcapevent-01.txt
                 Pages           : 14
                 Date            : 2008-02-24

Send a message to:
                 [email-masked].
In the body type:

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
                 MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use 
this
                 feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the 
"FILE"
                 command.  To decode the response(s), you will need 
"munpack" or
                 a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant 
mail readers
                 exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
                 "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been 
split
                 up into multiple messages), so check your local 
documentation on
                 how to manipulate these messages.

ftp://[email-masked]/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-xcapevent-01.txt

---

From: Jari Urpalainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 09:52:28 +0200

> included in the SUBSCRIBE?
well, no. This is about sending a flat uri-list about "interesting" 
xcap-resources to a single server (closely coupled with the 
xcap-server).  And also of course about syncing with this single server.
> When a SUBSCRIBE is refreshed, should the body sent again?
right, even with conditional re-subscriptions where the server returns a 
full response if there's no match in "etag" values.
> Is there a way to change the subscription if different body will be sent
you may change the subscription body with any re-subscribe, so that the 
client stamps all previous state as stale.

Having body always is imo simpler and more consistent with conditional 
re-subscriptions, no ? And also body-content is presumably  anyways  
pretty small.

br, jari

ps. there were minor changes from 00 version, some missing Accept-header 
and some text about  Aki's subnotetags.
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip