Subject: [Sip] patch file for discussion

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 15:41:47 -0600

As I said in my last message, I think this kind of thing is the wrong  
thing to do.
But it came up in both Chicago and Vancouver, so to inform the  
discussion, here's a patch file
that you can run against rfc3261 to render the invfix changes.

Among the other evils this path seems to tend towards - it creates  
something that looks like an RFC
that isn't. In what I hope isn't too feeble an attempt to create  
confusion, a lot of the patch is to the footer
line of each page saying that the result is NOT 3261.

To use this, put it, and a copy of 3261 you don't mind destroying,  
into a directory and run

patch < invfix.patch

RjS

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip