Subject: [Sip] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sip-subnot-etags-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:45:04 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : An Extension to Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Events for Conditional Event Notification
	Author(s)       : A. Niemi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sip-subnot-etags-02.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2008-02-25

The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) events framework enables
receiving asynchronous notification of various events from other SIP
user agents.  This framework defines the procedures for creating,
refreshing and terminating subscriptions, as well as fetching and
periodic polling of resource state.  These procedures have a serious
deficiency in that they provide no tools to avoid replaying event
notifications that have already been received by a user agent.  This
memo defines an extension to SIP events that allows the subscriber to
condition the subscription request to whether the state has changed
since the previous notification was received.  When such a condition
is true, either the body of a resulting event notification or the
entire notification message is suppressed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-subnot-etags-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sip-subnot-etags-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-subnot-etags-02.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "DRAGE, Keith \(Keith\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 12:51:56 +0100

WARNING: This e-mail has been altered by some SMTP protection software.
Following this paragraph are indications of the actual changes made.
For more information, contact <[email-masked]>.

An attachment named draft-ietf-sip-subnot-etags-02.URL was removed from this document as it
constituted a security hazard.  If you require this document, please contact
the sender and arrange an alternate means of receiving it.

(As SIP WG cochair)

This should represent the completion of the WG last call comments from
some time back...

Can you please check that if you made comments during WGLC, those
comments have been addressed to your satisfaction.

This is also the opportunity for all of you to do your last scan through
this document and address any comments as I work through the publication
request.

Regards

Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2008 7:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sip] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sip-subnot-etags-02.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working
Group of the IETF.

	Title           : An Extension to Session Initiation Protocol
(SIP) Events for Conditional Event Notification
	Author(s)       : A. Niemi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sip-subnot-etags-02.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2008-02-25

The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) events framework enables receiving
asynchronous notification of various events from other SIP user agents.
This framework defines the procedures for creating, refreshing and
terminating subscriptions, as well as fetching and periodic polling of
resource state.  These procedures have a serious deficiency in that they
provide no tools to avoid replaying event notifications that have
already been received by a user agent.  This memo defines an extension
to SIP events that allows the subscriber to condition the subscription
request to whether the state has changed since the previous notification
was received.  When such a condition is true, either the body of a
resulting event notification or the entire notification message is
suppressed.

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:

	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers