Subject: Re: [Sip] NITS: draft-ietf-sip-location-conveyance-09.txt

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 01:35:43 -0600

At 08:19 AM 12/2/2007, Adam Roach wrote:
>James M. Polk wrote:
>>
>>>[T]his document appears to have removed a couple of important 
>>>header field parameters from the IANA section. Section 5.2 explains:
>>>
>>>   There are 3 Geolocation header parameters,
>>>
>>>   o "inserted-by="
>>>   o "used-for-routing"
>>
>>the two above were taken out, as they do not have parameter-values 
>>(which I thought one night was the barrier to be included on this 
>>list).  I can add them in easily.
>
>I've become more confused just now. The headers on the table in the 
>IANA section of this document don't appear to match any of the 
>tables in the sip-parameters registry 
><http://www.iana.org/assignments/sip-parameters>. If you could point 
>to the table in question, I could probably find you a specific 
>example of parameters being registered without predefined parameter 
>values in the specific table in question. (The specific registry 
>that I think you're aiming for is "Header Field Parameters and 
>Parameter Values", which has a column to indicate whether the 
>parameter has predefined values -- and most of them don't).

for the record, -10 of this ID will mimic what's at the location you 
suggest above

The ID will be submitted in 1-2 hours.  I'll send a note to the SIP 
list about it.

>/a

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip