Subject: [Sip] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sip-outbound-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 19:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Managing Client Initiated Connections in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)       : C. Jennings, R. Mahy
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sip-outbound-13.txt
	Pages           : 52
	Date            : 2008-03-21

The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) allows proxy servers to
initiate TCP connections and send asynchronous UDP datagrams to User
Agents in order to deliver requests.  However, many practical
considerations, such as the existence of firewalls and Network
Address Translators (NATs), prevent servers from connecting to User
Agents in this way.  This specification defines behaviors for User
Agents, registrars and proxy servers that allow requests to be
delivered on existing connections established by the User Agent.  It
also defines keep alive behaviors needed to keep NAT bindings open
and specifies the usage of multiple connections from the User Agent
to its Registrar.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-outbound-13.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Francois Audet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 13:22:11 -0500

Hi all,

I am please to announce that draft-ietf-sip-13 was submitted on Friday, 
this time, on schedule as per our promise in Philadelphia!

This version incorporates all the agreements from the mailing list and
the Philadelphia meeting. In particular, it incorporates the changes
that Christer wanted for allowing keep-alives to be usable even when
outbound registration is not used. See section 4.4 for new text clarifying
this, as well as the last sentence of paragraph 6 of section 8 on the 'ob' 
parameter.

We believe that we have addressed in this revision ALL the comments from
Eric Rescorla and Kevin Johns who both had submitted very detailed
reviews for WGLC.

There was also a significant amount of clean-up and editorial.

Please see diff at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-sip-outbound-13.txt

Side note: reference RFC 4966 is wrong and should be RFC 4960 (my mistake).
It will be fixed later.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of 
> [email-masked]
> Sent: Friday, March 21, 2008 19:00
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-sip-outbound-13.txt
> 
> initiate TCP connections and send asynchronous UDP datagrams 
> to User Agents in order to deliver requests.  However, many 
> practical considerations, such as the existence of firewalls 
> and Network Address Translators (NATs), prevent servers from 
> connecting to User Agents in this way.  This specification 
> defines behaviors for User Agents, registrars and proxy 
> servers that allow requests to be delivered on existing 
> connections established by the User Agent.  It also defines 
> keep alive behaviors needed to keep NAT bindings open and 
> specifies the usage of multiple connections from the User 
> Agent to its Registrar.
> 
> Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail 
> reader implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII 
> version of the Internet-Draft.
>