Subject: [Sip] Subnot-etags (aka conditional notification) scope

From: Aki Niemi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 10:51:26 +0200

All,

I'd like to draw people's attention to the abstract of the draft. It
says:
        This memo defines an extension to SIP events that allows the
        subscriber to condition the subscription request to whether the
        state has changed since the previous notification was received.
        
In other words, it's an optimization technique to the current SIP events
framework, and the SUBSCRIBE request. It doesn't say it will help detect
state changes, notifier reboots, or state transition history. 

Just to make sure we're on the same page as to what the goal for this
draft is when we're discussing the content.

Cheers,
Aki

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip