Subject: [Sip] [Outbound draft] mid-dialog issue when edge-proxy reboots!

From: "Karthikeyan Gopal , TLS-Chennai" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 18:21:09 +0530

Hi All,

            In the (UAC ---- EdgeProxy ---- UAS) topology, the edge
proxy record-routes with the flow token as the user part.

Whenever any mid-dialog request arrives, the connection is retrieved and
the request is forwarded to the other end.

            The edge proxy maintains a binding between the connection
with the UAC and the flow token in its alias table.

            The flow token is generated with 20-octet crypto key as per
the draft. 

            Suppose the edge proxy reboots.  Can it use the same key?

            Unless the same key is used, then the flow token will be
different for the same instance-id. Then, the mid-dialog requests

cannot be forwarded.

            So, should the key be stored persistently?

Thanks in adv

KG

DISCLAIMER:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in 
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of 
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and 
attachments please check them for viruses and defect.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip