Subject: [Sip] WGLC of essential correction drafts

From: "DRAGE, Keith \(Keith\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 08:01:22 +0200

(As WG cochair)

This is to announce a two week working group last call of the following
two documents:

draft-ietf-sip-ipv6-abnf-fix-02.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-ipv6-abnf-fix-02.txt

draft-sparks-sip-invfix-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sparks-sip-invfix-01.txt

The working group runs until Wedneday 21st May 2008.

Comments should be posted to the list and to the document editors. It is
also appropriate to indicate that, having reviewed the current document,
you think the proposal is correct.

It should be remembered that the process to be followed on these
correction drafts is that we WGLC them as separate documents, but then
collect them into a larger RFC that updates RFC 3261 and will publish
that document.

Regards

Keith

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "BONNAERENS Ben" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 10:04:53 +0200

Hello Robert,Keith,

Formalising my earlier comments on draft-sparks-sip-invfix-01.txt

To me section 7 is more easy to get an understanding of what the change
is. 
It gives a good overview of the changes in a language that is easy to
understand 
for sip implementors. section 8 is more difficult to read, nevertheless
I think 
it is needed to somewhere formally describe what the normative updates
to 3261 are.

My full review comments:

* Section 6 : "When receiving any response SIP response" -> "When
receiving any SIP response"

* 7.1 : "If the UAC's TU issues a 2xx response" -> "If the UAS's TU
issues a 2xx response"

* 7.1 : "it MUST transisition to" -> "it MUST transition to"

* 7.1 : "and set Timer L to 64*T1." . maybe explain that Timer L is a
new timer needed to handle this issue and which is not present in 3261.

* 7.2 : "state machine is in the "Calling" or "Completed" states, it
MUST transition to the "Completed" state"
        -> "state machine is in the "Calling" or "Proceeding" states, it
MUST transition to the "Completed" state"

* 7.3 : "proxy will not foward any stray" -> "proxy will not forward any
stray"

* 7.3 : "When receiving any response SIP response," -> "When receiving
any SIP response,"

* 8.3 : suggestion : mark both sentences (old/new) between double
quotes.Now, the "with" is a bit lost between both sentences.

Best regards,

	Ben.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
DRAGE Keith
Sent: woensdag 7 mei 2008 8:01
To: SIP IETF
Cc: [email-masked]; Brett Tate
Subject: [Sip] WGLC of essential correction drafts

(As WG cochair)

Regards

Keith

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol Use
[email-masked] for questions on current sip Use
[email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip