Subject: [Sip] Major problems with subscriber database

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 14:14:23 -0500

Apparently the SIP list's (and IETF list's) subscriber database got  
scrambled badly.

The admins restored a backup, but it was apparently a very old (like,  
2 year old) backup. So a lot of people that have unsubscribed in that  
period are now getting SIP mail, and a lot of people who subscribed  
(or changed addresses, like Robert Sparks) in that period have become  
unsubscribed.

The admins are working on it. I think that the list is currently  
"frozen", so it may be pointless to try and subscribe or unsubscribe  
at this time. It may be a day or two before the situation settles down.

I'm sorry. They're working on it. And above all (on the cover in large  
friendly letters) Don't Panic!

--
Dean

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip