Subject: [Sip] REFER a target-refresh

From: "Christer Holmberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 09:43:48 +0200

Hi,

I have a question regarding the REFER method: is it a target refresh
method?

RFC 3515 doesn't say anything about it. However, the Contact header
seems to be MANDATED in the REFER request (eventhough not shown in the
examples in the draft).

And, chapter 4 of RFC 4488 says:

"This document defines a new SIP header field: "Refer-Sub". This header
field is meaningful and MAY be used with a REFER request and the
corresponding 2XX response only. This header field set to "false"
specifies that a REFER-Issuer requests that the REFER- Recipient doesn't
establish an implicit subscription and the resultant dialog. Note that
when using this extension, the REFER remains a target refresh request
(as in the default case -- when the extension is not used)."

So, I guess that means that REFER IS a target refresh method?

Regards,

Christer

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Rockson Li (zhengyli)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 18:39:35 +0800

And more http://bugs.sipit.net/show_bug.cgi?id=764 

-----Original Message-----
From: Rockson Li (zhengyli) 
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 6:35 PM
To: [email-masked]'; [email-masked]'
Subject: re: [Sip] REFER a target-refresh

Hi Christer,

I think it's target refresh method. please check RFC5057

5.4. Target Refresh Requests

   Target refresh requests update the remote target of a dialog when
   they are successfully processed.  The currently defined target
   refresh requests are INVITE, UPDATE, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, and REFER.

Regards,
-Rockson 

------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------

Hi, 

Regards, 

Christer