Subject: Re: [Sip] REFER a target-refresh

From: "Rockson Li (zhengyli)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 18:34:43 +0800

Hi Christer,

I think it's target refresh method. please check RFC5057

5.4. Target Refresh Requests

   Target refresh requests update the remote target of a dialog when
   they are successfully processed.  The currently defined target
   refresh requests are INVITE, UPDATE, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, and REFER.

Regards,
-Rockson 

------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------

Hi, 

I have a question regarding the REFER method: is it a target refresh
method? 

RFC 3515 doesn't say anything about it. However, the Contact header
seems to be MANDATED in the REFER request (eventhough not shown in the
examples in the draft).

And, chapter 4 of RFC 4488 says: 

"This document defines a new SIP header field: "Refer-Sub". This header
field is meaningful and MAY be used with a REFER request and the
corresponding 2XX response only. This header field set to "false"
specifies that a REFER-Issuer requests that the REFER- Recipient doesn't
establish an implicit subscription and the resultant dialog. Note that
when using this extension, the REFER remains a target refresh request
(as in the default case -- when the extension is not used)."

So, I guess that means that REFER IS a target refresh method? 

Regards, 

Christer 

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Christer Holmberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 12:56:40 +0200

Thanks!

Regards,

Christer 

-----Original Message-----
From: Rockson Li (zhengyli) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 19. kesäkuuta 2008 13:35
To: Christer Holmberg; [email-masked]
Subject: re: [Sip] REFER a target-refresh

Hi Christer,

Regards,
-Rockson 

Hi, 

I have a question regarding the REFER method: is it a target refresh method? 

RFC 3515 doesn't say anything about it. However, the Contact header seems to be MANDATED in the REFER request (eventhough not shown in the examples in the draft).

"This document defines a new SIP header field: "Refer-Sub". This header field is meaningful and MAY be used with a REFER request and the corresponding 2XX response only. This header field set to "false"
specifies that a REFER-Issuer requests that the REFER- Recipient doesn't establish an implicit subscription and the resultant dialog. Note that when using this extension, the REFER remains a target refresh request (as in the default case -- when the extension is not used)."

Regards, 

Christer

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 18:07:57 +0530

3261 says

Specifically, requests that are not target refresh requests do not
modify the dialog's remote target URI, and requests that are target
refresh requests do. For dialogs that have been established with an
INVITE, the only target refresh request defined is re-INVITE (see
Section 14). Other extensions may define different target refresh
requests for dialogs established in other ways. 

REFER does change the remote-target URI.
 
Best Regards,
Ashish Saxena
877-5570

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Rockson Li (zhengyli)
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 4:05 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Sip] REFER a target-refresh

Hi Christer,

Regards,
-Rockson 

Hi, 

Regards, 

Christer 

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol Use
[email-masked] for questions on current sip Use
[email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip