Subject: [Sip] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-outbound-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 10:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Managing Client Initiated Connections in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: C. Jennings, R. Mahy
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sip-outbound-15.txt
	Pages		: 48
	Date		: 2008-6-16
	
The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) allows proxy servers to
   initiate TCP connections or to send asynchronous UDP datagrams to
   User Agents in order to deliver requests.  However, in a large number
   of real deployments, many practical considerations, such as the
   existence of firewalls and Network Address Translators (NATs) or the
   use of TLS with server-provided certificates, prevent servers from
   connecting to User Agents in this way.  This specification defines
   behaviors for User Agents, registrars and proxy servers that allow
   requests to be delivered on existing connections established by the
 User Agent.  It also defines keep alive behaviors needed to keep NAT
   bindings open and specifies the usage of multiple connections from
   the User Agent to its Registrar.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-outbound-15.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip