Subject: Re: [Sip] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-199-00.txt

From: Rockson Zhengyu Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 04:42:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

one questions on this draft.

Since RFC3261 says, non-100 1xx response for INVITE cause early-dialog 
creation.
does this draft will normativly change the criteria, excluding 199?

If, the answer is Yes, I think it need be stated explicitly in the 
draft.

thanks

Regards,
-Rockson

On Sat, May 24, 2008 at  1:15 AM, [email-masked] wrote:

> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working 
Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Response Code for Indication of Terminated Dialog
	Author(s)	: C. Holmberg
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sip-199-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2008-5-15
	
This specification defines a new SIP response code, 199 Early Dialog
   Terminated, which a SIP entity can use to indicate upstream that an
   early dialog has been terminated.  The response code can be used by a
   SIP entity, normally a forking SIP proxy, to allow the UAC to know
   that an early dialog has been terminated before it a final response
   is sent to the request.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-199-00.txt 
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-199-00.txt>   
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-199-00.txt>

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/ 
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/>   
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/>

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip 
<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip>   
<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip>
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]>   
<mailto:[email-masked]>  for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>   
<mailto:[email-masked]>  for new developments on the application of 
sip
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Christer Holmberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 13:52:24 +0200

Hi,
 
You wouldn't send a 199 unless you have already sent a non-100 1xx response, so the early dialog has already been created.
 
Regards,
 
Christer

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Rockson Zhengyu Li
Sent: 15. kesäkuuta 2008 14:43
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Sip] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-199-00.txt

Hi,

Since RFC3261 says, non-100 1xx response for INVITE cause early-dialog creation.
does this draft will normativly change the criteria, excluding 199?

If, the answer is Yes, I think it need be stated explicitly in the draft.

thanks

Regards,
-Rockson  

> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-199-00.txt <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-199-00.txt>   <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-199-00.txt> 

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/ <ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/>   <ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/> 

Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip>   <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip> 
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>   <mailto:[email-masked]>  for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>   <mailto:[email-masked]>  for new developments on the application of sip
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip