Subject: [Sip] 415 Error with SIP trunk and Exchange Server 2007

From: "Fernando Pinheiro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 16:28:12 -0200

Hello.

I need to understand the source of my problem with SIP trunk and
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 (Unified Messaging feature). I have a
PBX Aastra/Ericsson MX-ONE that receive an SIP response 415 -
Unsupported Media Type from Exchange UM Server.

Here the conversation packets when I try to call de Exchange UM from
an analog extension:

PBX > Exchange | INVITE
sip:user@exchangeserver,user=phone,transport=tcp; (default port 5060)
Exchange > PBX | 100 Trying;
Exchange > PBX | 302 Moved temporarily; (because Exchange UM works
with two processes)
PBX > Exchange | ACK sip:user@exchangeserver,user=phone,transport=tcp;
PBX > Exchange | INVITE
sip:user@exchangeserver:5065,user=phone,transport=tcp; (the port 5065
is for UMWorkerProcess.exe, on UM Server).
Exchange > PBX | 100 Trying;
Exchange > PBX | 180 Ringing;
Exchange > PBX | 200 OK;
PBX > Exchange | ACK
sip:<UM_Server_FQDN>:5065,transport=tcp,maddr=<UM_Server_IP_address>;
PBX > Exchange | INVITE
sip:<UM_Server_FQDN>:5065,transport=tcp,maddr=<UM_Server_IP_address>;
Exchange > PBX | 100 Trying;
Exchange > PBX | 415 Unsupported Media Type;
PBX > Exchange | ACK
sip:<UM_Server_FQDN>:5065,transport=tcp,maddr=<UM_Server_IP_address>;
PBX > Exchange | BYE
sip:<UM_Server_FQDN>:5065,transport=tcp,maddr=<UM_Server_IP_address>;

Can anynone help me?

Best regards.

-- 
Att,

Fernando

-- 
Att,

Fernando
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 21:39:37 +0100

> Unsupported Media Type from Exchange UM Server.

Not here please, ask your vendor.

-- 
Iñaki Baz Castillo