Subject: [Sip] Route header in NOTIFY

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 18:13:54 +0530

Hi,

If SUBSCRIBE request and response has record route header, then should 
NOTIFY messages need to have ROUTE header to follow the same route as 
created in the dialog for SUBSCRIBE.

Regards,
Udit

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments,
is being sent by 3Com for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and
may contain confidential, proprietary and/or privileged information.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure and/or distribution by any 
recipient is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
delete and/or destroy all copies of this message regardless of form and
any included attachments and notify 3Com immediately by contacting the
sender via reply e-mail or forwarding to 3Com at [email-masked]. 
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "DRAGE, Keith \(Keith\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 14:00:58 +0100

I am unsure where you see a problem.
 
RFC 3265 clearly provides for the Route header to appear in the NOTIFY request if you need to do this, and has text explicitly talking about the record route mechanism working as normal in SUBSCRIBE dialogs.
 
regards
 
Keith

________________________________

	From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
	Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 12:44 PM
	To: [email-masked]
	Cc: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Sip] Route header in NOTIFY

	Hi, 
	
	If SUBSCRIBE request and response has record route header, then should NOTIFY messages need to have ROUTE header to follow the same route as created in the dialog for SUBSCRIBE. 
	
	Regards, 
	Udit

---

From: "Rockson Li (zhengyli)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 22:26:46 +0800

Yes, I think so. NOTIFY would be a mid-dialog request as constructed
with Route header as normal mid-request specified in RFC3261.
 
-Rockson 

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 8:44 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sip] Route header in NOTIFY

Hi, 

Regards, 
Udit