Subject: [Sip] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-info-events-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 11:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) INFO Method and Package Framework
	Author(s)	: E. Burger, H. Kaplan, C. Holmberg
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sip-info-events-01.txt
	Pages		: 41
	Date		: 2008-11-4
	
This document defines the new INFO method and a mechanism for
   defining, negotiating and exchanging Info Packages that use the INFO
   method.  Applications which need to exchange session-related
   information within a SIP INVITE-created dialog, also known as
   application level information, use these INFO requests.  This draft
   addresses issues and open items from RFC 2976, and replaces it.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-info-events-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 14:01:22 -0600

Section 3 opens with the following text:

>    In this section, "UAC" is the User Agent Client from the perspective
>    of the INVITE method.  That is, it is the User Agent (UA) that sends
>    the initial INVITE method request.  This may be somewhat confusing if
>    the User Agent Server (UAS) from the perspective of the INVITE method
>    sends an INFO method request.
>

Yes, this is very confusing, and contrary to any other use anywhere 
else. I would suggest using terms like "Calling UA" and "Called UA," 
lest we make an already confusing issue even more muddy.

/a

---

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 09:54:03 -0600

Good idea. I was trying to capture the UAC/UAS from the INFO  
perspective, but one of the source documents focused on UAC/UAS from  
the INVITE perspective. This is a great resolution. Thanks!