Subject: [Sip] Volunteer op: Request formal reviews for UA Initiated Privacy

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 15:16:59 -0600

I'd like to request several people to review the UA Initiated Privacy  
draft in conjunction with the WGLC that we expect to start shortly.

See: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-ua-privacy-03.txt

Such reviews should look at:

1) Readability -- does the draft, as written, make sense? Are the  
examples clear?

2) Technical correctness: Are the recommendations of the draft valid?  
Are they consistent with our other specifications, and if not, does  
the draft clearly explain these inconsistencies and give a rationale?

Each reviewer should write up an email addressing the review, and  
specifically any issues noted, and return that to this list.

Please volunteer!

--
Dean

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Krishna Prasad Kalluri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 20:02:26 +0100

Hi Dean,

I read this document and I have the following comments 

1) Section 4.2 didn't mention any thing about contact header. Second
para says "Anonymous IP addressed are needed for two purposes" those are
via and address in SDP for media. Later section 5.1.1 refers back to
section 4.2

So I would like to see some description about contact also in section
4.2. If anonymous IP address from STUN relay server is used for contact,
I think all subsequent sip signaling has to go via STUN relay server.

2)  Section 4.1 last para: what is third party GRUU server? (I assume
its a registrar outside the domain?). Are there any SIP mechanisms to
achieve the functionality described in this para? 

If yes, I like to see some description.
If no, Please state some thing like mechanisms outside the scope of this
document or this is for future standardization etc.

3) section 5.1.2 last para: Similar comments as point 2 above.

Regards
Krishna

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Dean Willis
Sent: den 5 november 2008 22:17
To: SIP IETF
Subject: [Sip] Volunteer op: Request formal reviews for UA Initiated
Privacy

See:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-ua-privacy-03.txt

2) Technical correctness: Are the recommendations of the draft valid?  
Are they consistent with our other specifications, and if not, does the
draft clearly explain these inconsistencies and give a rationale?

Please volunteer!

--
Dean

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol Use
[email-masked] for questions on current sip Use
[email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Mayumi Munakata <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 10:07:43 +0900

Krishna,

Thank you for your review on ua-privacy draft.

See inline.

> I think all subsequent sip signaling has to go via STUN relay server.

That's true.
Description about contact is missing in 4.2.
We will add some text.

> document or this is for future standardization etc.

We would like to add the text to explain that
the mechanism of third party GRUU server is
out of scope of this document.

> 3) section 5.1.2 last para: Similar comments as point 2 above.

Add the text to explain the mechanism of
third party anonymization service is out of scope, too.

Thanks,

Mayumi