Subject: [Sip] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-location-conveyance-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 06:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Location Conveyance for the Session Initiation Protocol
	Author(s)	: J. Polk, B. Rosen
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sip-location-conveyance-12.txt
	Pages		: 46
	Date		: 2008-11-20
	
This document defines an extension to the Session Initiation 
   Protocol (SIP) to convey geographic location information from one 
   SIP entity to another SIP entity.  The extension covers end to end 
   conveyance as well as location-based routing, where SIP servers 
   make routing decisions based on the location of the user agent 
   clients.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-location-conveyance-12.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Karl Heinz Wolf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 10:23:20 +0100

James, Brian,

I had no time to look at the new changes of the document, but I think
the Content-ID header in the samples is missing an angel bracket
according to RFC 2329:

Content-ID: [email-masked]

shouldn't that be

Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

?

karl heinz

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 09:15:50 -0600

Karl

Thanks for catching this

James

---

From: "DRAGE, Keith \(Keith\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 06:07:40 +0100

(As SIP WG chair)

As announced in the SIP WG.

Submitted Wed, Nov 19th 2008 (during Plenary), so there's no excuse for
not having read it yet
Modified text per discussions surrounding 
		draft-ietf-geopriv-sip-lo-retransmission-01
Added indication (header parameter) for whether or not location can be
viewed or dereferenced for routing in transit even if UAC did not insert
it
		Geolocation: routing-allowed=(yes or no)
Added paragraph for B2BUA and SBC implementers to act like proxies when
either receives SIP request containing location and is not the ultimate
destination UAS (edited out the "pretty please with sugar on top" text
though)
So, when does the (next) WGLC start?
			(I can't wait till this gets to the IESG... Oh,
the fun then!)

So in summary, please look at this, in particular the coding of the
routeing-allowed, and tell us whether this matches your aspirations from
draft-ietf-geopriv-sip-lo-retransmission-01 (preferably by the end of
the week). If you are happy, we will WGLC it.

regards

Keith

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
> Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 2:30 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Sip] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-location-conveyance-12.txt
> 
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line 
> Internet-Drafts directories.
> Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail 
> reader implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII 
> version of the Internet-Draft.
>