Subject: [Sip] wrt SAML Tutorial (was: Re: saml proposal)

From: ' =JeffH ' <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 15:26:33 -0800

[email-masked] said:
> And I'd still like to have a SAML tutorial.  We've had lunchtime   tutorials
> on things like XCAP in the past that were well attended. All   we need is a
> sponsor (asking people to pay for buffet lunch doesn't   work) or a facility
> that is amenable to "brown bag" lunches in a   conference room. And of
> course, we need somebody to organize and   present said material . . . 

I explored giving such a tutorial but was advised, by our area directors among 
others (in Philly), that such events are extraordinary and are not encouraged. 
Apparently the relatively recent lunchtime ICE tutorial was such an 
extraordinary event.

I remain interested and ready to provide a SAML tutorial if folks can figure 
out where/when/how to do it.

In the meantime, I encourage folks inquisitive/curious wrt SAML to first read 
this very short document..

  How to Study and Learn SAML
  http://identitymeme.org/how-to-study-and-learn-saml/

..and then peruse the references of the above document as-suggested, e.g. this 
technical overview doc..

  Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) V2.0 Technical Overview 
<http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/28345/sstc-saml-tech-overvie
w-2.0-draft-16.pdf>

HTH,

=JeffH

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip