Subject: [Sip] INFO - when do we send it?

From: "Christer Holmberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 22:02:43 +0100

Hi,

Chapter 15 of RFC3261 says:

"The caller's UA MAY send a BYE for either confirmed or early dialogs,
and the callee's UA MAY send a BYE on confirmed dialogs, but MUST NOT
send a BYE on early dialogs."

Chapter 5.1 of RFC3311 (UPDATE) says:

"The UPDATE request is constructed as would any other request within an
existing dialog, as described in Section 12.2.1 of RFC 3261.  It MAY be
sent for both early and confirmed dialogs, and MAY be sent by either
caller or callee."

RFC 2976 (INFO) mostly talks about "transfering of mid-session
information".

Chapter 4.1. of draft-ietf-sip-info-events-01.txt says:

 "One can only use the INFO method within an INVITE-generated dialog
(early or full) and usage."

I assume we want to allow INFO in both directions (from caller and
callee) during the early dialog, so would it be good to explicitly say
something similar to what is said for UPDATE?

Regards,

Christer
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip