Subject: [Sip] Identity Survey

From: Jiri Kuthan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 01:20:51 +0100

I'm just wondering if folks could share with me, privately or publicly,
if they have implemented Identity RFC4474, what worked for them or not,
and in what extent it is being actually deployed.

Thank you all very much,

-jiri

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Victor Pascual Ávila" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 16:31:15 +0100

> and in what extent it is being actually deployed.

I've seen no responses so far. Quoting from [1]: "There were only 2
implementations claiming support for Identity"-- one of them was [2],
which is currently used in our SIP service.
One of the issues we encountered was that of message integrity: it
only works if the signing proxy is the same as the SDP-changing (we
calculate it above SIP message as sent out, not as received).

[1] The summary for SIPit23: https://www.sipit.net/SIPit23_Summary
[2] SER module which implements Enhancements for Authenticated Identity
Management (RFC4474)
http://www.iptel.org/auth_identity_0
http://cvs.berlios.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ser/sip_router/modules/auth_identity/

Cheers,
-- 
Victor Pascual Ávila