Subject: [Sip] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-vidyut-sip-message-body-in-register-00.txt

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 11:05:48 -0500

Vidyut

In the abstract you say "Register never carries any message body", 
which gives the impression that REGISTER cannot carry a message body. 
This is not true.

James

>From: [email-masked]
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-vidyut-sip-message-body-in-register-00.txt
>Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 13:45:01 -0700 (PDT)
>
>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
>directories.
>
>
>         Title           : SIP Forum - Message Body in SIP REGISTER Message
>         Author(s)       : V. Gupta
>         Filename        : draft-vidyut-sip-message-body-in-register-00.txt
>         Pages           : 13
>         Date            : 2010-8-24
>
>In SIP, Register never carries any message body, but a lot of things 
>can be simplified by allowing the one. User can configure their call 
>preferences at any moment by just sending a Register message. In present
>scenario when users are becoming more and more demanding it's 
>perfectly logical to allow them to configure their call preferences 
>dynamically. The present draft present two such call preferences 
>requested by user - call barging and advertising unavailability. It 
>can, however, be extended for other scenarios as well.
>
>
>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vidyut-sip-message-body-in-register-00.txt
>
>Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
>ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
>
>Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
>implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
>Internet-Draft.
>
>
><ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vidyut-sip-message-body-in-register-00.txt>
>_______________________________________________
>I-D-Announce mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
>Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
>or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt