Subject: [Sip] RFC 5954 on Essential Correction for IPv6 ABNF and URI Comparison in RFC 3261

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 11:14:39 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5954

        Title:      Essential Correction for IPv6 ABNF 
                    and URI Comparison in RFC 3261 
        Author:     V. Gurbani, Ed.,
                    B. Carpenter, Ed.,
                    B. Tate, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 13764
        Updates:    RFC3261

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sip-ipv6-abnf-fix-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5954.txt

This document corrects the Augmented Backus-Naur Form (ABNF)
production rule associated with generating IPv6 literals in RFC 3261.
It also clarifies the rule for Uniform Resource Identifier (URI)
comparison when the URIs contain textual representation of IP
addresses.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC