Subject: [Sip] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5954 (2502)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:54:15 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5954,
"Essential Correction for IPv6 ABNF and URI Comparison in RFC 3261".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5954&eid=2502

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Alfred Hoenes <[email-masked]>

Section: 4.2, page 5

Original Text
-------------
   NEW:

   o  For two URIs to be equal, the user, password, host, and port
|     components must match.  If the host component contains a textual
|     representation of IP addresses, then the representation of those
      IP addresses may vary.  If so, the host components are considered
      to match if the different textual representations yield the same
      binary IP address.

Corrected Text
--------------
   NEW:

   o  For two URIs to be equal, the user, password, host, and port
|     components must match.  If both host components contain the textual
|     representation of an IP address, then the representation of those
      IP addresses may vary.  If so, the host components are considered
      to match if the different textual representations yield the same
      binary IP address.

Notes
-----
Rationale:  Essential clarification of potentilally misleading grammar
  and semantics including singular/plural mismatches.  Because of the
  perceived significance, this erratum is designated as Technical.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5954 (draft-ietf-sip-ipv6-abnf-fix-05)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Essential Correction for IPv6 ABNF and URI Comparison in RFC 3261
Publication Date    : August 2010
Author(s)           : V. Gurbani, Ed., B. Carpenter, Ed., B. Tate, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Session Initiation Protocol
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG