Subject: [sipcore] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC6026 (2536)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 14:38:59 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6026,
"Correct Transaction Handling for 2xx Responses to Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) INVITE Requests".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6026&eid=2536

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: John Takao Collier <[email-masked]>

Section: 7.2

Original Text
-------------
   +-----------+                        +-----------+
   |           |                        |           |
   |  Calling  |                        |  Calling  |
   |           |----------->+           |           |-----------+
   +-----------+ 2xx        |           +-----------+ 2xx       |
                 2xx to TU  |                         2xx to TU |
                            |                                   |
                            |                                   |

Corrected Text
--------------
   BEFORE                               AFTER

   +-----------+                        +-----------+
   |           |                        |           |
   |  Calling  |                        |  Calling  |
   |           |----------->+           |           |-----------+
   +-----------+ 2xx        |           +-----------+ 2xx       |
                 2xx to TU  |                         2xx to TU |
                            |                                   |
                            |                                   |

Notes
-----
Figures 1 and 2 contain "BEFORE" and "AFTER" labels for their respective state machines.  Figure 3 does not contain a "BEFORE" and "AFTER" label.  Although it's pretty obvious from the context that the left-side is the "BEFORE" case and the right-side is the "AFTER" case, I believe for consistency (and to make it explicit), Figure 3 should contain "BEFORE" and "AFTER" labels.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC6026 (draft-ietf-sipcore-invfix-01)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Correct Transaction Handling for 2xx Responses to Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) INVITE Requests
Publication Date    : September 2010
Author(s)           : R. Sparks, T. Zourzouvillys
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Session Initiation Protocol Core
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG