Subject: [sipcore] Report on Errata IDs: 2266 and 2267, RFC4235, "An INVITE-Initiated Dialog Event Package for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)"

From: "Worley, Dale R (Dale)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 14:56:09 -0400

======================================================================
Errata ID: 2266

RFC4235, "An INVITE-Initiated Dialog Event Package for the Session
Initiation Protocol (SIP)"
Source of RFC: sipping (rai)

Status: Reported
Type: Technical

Reported By: David Grant
Date Reported: 2010-05-18

Section 4.4 says:

...
<xs:element name="route-set" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1">
   <xs:complexType>
      <xs:sequence>
         <xs:element name="hop" type="xs:string" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
      </xs:sequence>
   </xs:complexType>
</xs:element>
...

It should say:

** Remove Element **

Notes:

The route-set element was removed between
draft-ietf-sipping-dialog-package-03 and
draft-ietf-sipping-dialog-package-04 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Recommended status: Verified, hold for document update

The erratum is correct.  However, there being no documentation
regarding the use of the "route-set" element, no device should send
it.  And being unknown, a device receiving it should ignore it.
======================================================================
Errata ID: 2267

RFC4235, "An INVITE-Initiated Dialog Event Package for the Session
Initiation Protocol (SIP)"
Source of RFC: sipping (rai)

Status: Reported
Type: Technical

Reported By: David Grant
Date Reported: 2010-05-18

Section 4.4 says:

<xs:element name="cseq" type="xs:nonNegativeInteger" 
minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>

It should say:

** Remove Element **

Notes:

The participant/cseq element was removed between
draft-ietf-sipping-dialog-package-03 and
draft-ietf-sipping-dialog-package-04 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Recommended status: Verified, hold for document update

The erratum is correct.  However, there being no documentation
regarding the use of the "cseq" element, no device should send
it.  And being unknown, a device receiving it should ignore it.
======================================================================

Dale