Subject: [sipcore] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC6026 (2538)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 23:34:00 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6026,
"Correct Transaction Handling for 2xx Responses to Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) INVITE Requests".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6026&eid=2538

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Alfred Hoenes <[email-masked]>

Section: 7.1, pg.6

Original Text
-------------
[[ last paragraph on page 6: ]]

   Figures 1 and 2 show the parts of the INVITE server state machine
   that have changed.  The entire new INVITE server state machine is
|  shown in Figure 5.

Corrected Text
--------------
   Figures 1 and 2 show the parts of the INVITE server state machine
   that have changed.  The entire new INVITE server state machine is
|  shown in Figure 7.

Notes
-----
- qualified as Technical because of importance of correct pointer;
- apparently this detail has been missed when the Figures in the
  document have been renumbered (#5 --> #7 and #4 --> #5) to achieve
  the relationship to RFC 3261 explained in Section 8 (top of page 11):

                                         [...]  This document
   intentionally does not contain a Figure 4 or Figure 6 so that the
   labels for Figures 5 and 7 are identical to the labels of the figures
   they are replacing in RFC 3261.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC6026 (draft-ietf-sipcore-invfix-01)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Correct Transaction Handling for 2xx Responses to Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) INVITE Requests
Publication Date    : September 2010
Author(s)           : R. Sparks, T. Zourzouvillys
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Session Initiation Protocol Core
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG