Subject: [sipcore] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sipcore-callinfo-rcd-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 11:51:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Core WG of the IETF.

        Title           : SIP Call-Info Parameters for Rich Call Data
        Authors         : Chris Wendt
                          Jon Peterson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sipcore-callinfo-rcd-03.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2021-10-25

Abstract:
   This document describes a SIP Call-Info header field usage defined to
   include rich data associated with the identity of the calling party
   that can be rendered to a called party for providing more useful
   information about the caller or the specific reason for the call.
   This includes extended comprehensive information about the caller
   such as what a jCard object can represent for describing the calling
   party or other call specific information such as describing the
   reason or intent of the call.  The elements defined for this purpose
   are intended to be extensible to accommodate related information
   about calls that helps people decide whether to pick up the phone and
   additionally, with the use of jCard and other elements, to be
   compatible with the STIR/PASSporT Rich Call Data framework.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-callinfo-rcd/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-sipcore-callinfo-rcd-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sipcore-callinfo-rcd-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Chris Wendt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 14:59:32 -0400

Hi Sipcore participants,

For those that aren’t following the fun in STIR, just wanted to provide an overview of where we are. 

As discussed previously this document is meant to correspond to the work happening related to draft-ietf-stir-passport-rcd.  There have been a few discussions that are being worked out related to finishing up that work that are important to some of the security and other usage of the protocol.  So, we have been sort of holding the progress of this callinfo-rcd document while finishing up those dependencies.

I’ve updated this document today to both bring it back to non-expired state, but also added text to address a comment that was provided in the last STIR working group meeting, which was to add support for SVG vector image format to the default set of image or logo supporting formats.  It would be great to spark a bit of discussion about some of these details, which i think do need a bit of validation from the working group.  PNG and JPEG are noted as default and now added SVG.  Would like some guidance from others around how best to define these defaults and maybe if there is other IETF work on image formats that can be referenced for best practices.

Thanks for comments and review!

-Chris

> On Oct 25, 2021, at 2:51 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> sipcore mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipcore