Subject: [sipcore] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-sparks-sipcore-multiple-reasons-00.txt

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 12:46:07 -0600

(Crossposting, with reply-to set to SIPCORE)

The STIR working group has identified a reason to provide multiple 
Reason header field values with the same protocol (STIR) in a SIP message.

See 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/112/materials/slides-112-stir-wendt-stir-identity-header-error-handling-03-00 
for a bit of background.

This draft proposes to update 3326 to allow that to happen.

Discussion should take place on the STIR list. PRs are welcome at 
https://github.com/rjsparks/draft-sparks-sipcore-multiple-reasons

RjS

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for 
draft-sparks-sipcore-multiple-reasons-00.txt
Date: 	Fri, 12 Nov 2021 10:39:29 -0800
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-sparks-sipcore-multiple-reasons-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Robert Sparks and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-sparks-sipcore-multiple-reasons
Revision: 00
Title: Multiple SIP Reason Header Field Values
Document date: 2021-11-12
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 4
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-sparks-sipcore-multiple-reasons-00.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sparks-sipcore-multiple-reasons/
Html: 
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-sparks-sipcore-multiple-reasons-00.html
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-sparks-sipcore-multiple-reasons

Abstract:
The SIP Reason Header Field as defined in RFC 3326 allows only one
Reason value per protocol value. Practice shows it is useful to
allow multiple values with the same protocol value. This update to
RFC 3326 allows multiple values for an indicated registered protocol
when that protocol defines what the presence of multiple values
means.

The IETF Secretariat