Subject: RE: [Sipping] RE: [SIP] A question about the Music on Hold/Call P ark inservice examplesdraft

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 03:09:13 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Johnston [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2001 1:28 PM
To: Jonathan Rosenberg
Cc: Xiaotao Wu; [email-masked]'
Subject: Re: [Sipping] RE: [SIP] A question about the Music on Hold/Call
Park inservice examplesdraft

>Jonathan, 

>OK - I can add the flow to the Service Examples draft in addition to the 
>existing flow (I'll use Xiaotao's flow below as the basis - send me any 
>corrections to it). 

The flow is fine; note my comment on another thread about setting the c line
in the re-INVITE to A to 0.0.0.0, which would effect the message, not the
flow.

>
>As for Replaces not being stable, we're pushing for implementations of it
right 
>now since REFER seems stable (agreed?).  

REFER, yes. However, REFER doesn't even mention the Replaces header. The
Replaces header is in a now-expired, individual I-D currently in the
"morgue" locker on Dean's site. There are a ton of issues, I think, such as
how security is handled, and whether you can replace an in-progress call,
and what this means. I'm all for reviving it and doing it, since it seems to
be handy in a few places, but I can hardly call it stable. Fortunately, you
don't need it for your basic transfer...

-Jonathan R.

---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping