Subject: [Sipping] SIP-T and Segmentation

From: Doug Hurtig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 19:02:56 -0500

Hi,

  Does SIP-T support segmentation messages (sgm)?  If is the sgm sent in
  a second invite or is it included in the invite containg the ISUP message
which
  was segmented?

  Any help on handling of over-length ISUP messages with SIP would be
appreciated.

--
Regards,
Doug Hurtig

Tekelec
2425 N. Central Expressway
Richardson, Texas 75080

[email-masked]
972.301.1203

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping

---

From: Michael Hammer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 11:41:47 -0400

Would it be possible to have an Invite with the first part of the ISUP 
message (IAM) followed by an Info with the SGM containing the remaining 
part of the message?  I would assume we can't wait for the ACK following 
the 200 OK, because the terminating end doesn't have the full IAM yet.

For mid-call messages, is a re-Invite needed, or can two successive Info 
messages be sent?  I would suspect that each type of ISUP needs to be 
addressed (where it isn't already) to determine what SIP message it maps 
to.  I would think that Info would be most appropriate for SGM to avoid any 
SIP timing issues.

Mike