Subject: [Sipping] [SIP] Registrar and Location Server

From: "Radhika" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 14:18:39 +0530

Hello All,

I have a query regarding the implementation of Registrar and the Location server. 

Is it necessary for the Registrar to forward the REGISTER request to the Location server, in order to save it to database? In other words, can the Registrar be made responsible for storing in the database, while the Location Server only retreives the registration information from the same database?

Any ideas or suggestions to the same are welcome.

Thanks and Regards,
Radhika.

---

From: Timothy SOETENS <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 12:08:03 +0200

Radhika,

I have interpreted that the Registrar receives the REGISTER request, and
stores the necessary data in a database by means of a SIP in dependent
protocol. The SIP Proxy will retrieve the necessary information to
contact an end user from the same database by means of the same SIP
independent protocol. The Location server is the server which harbors
this database.A possible protocol for Proxy-LS and Registrar-LS
communication is LDAP.

Regards,
Tim.

> Radhika wrote:
> Is it necessary for the Registrar to forward the REGISTER request to
> the Location server, in order to save it to database? In other words,
> can the Registrar be made responsible for storing in the
> database, while the Location Server only retreives the registration
> information from the same database?
> 

-- 
Timothy Soetens
_________________________________________

From the Network Strategy Group @ Alcatel

Tel. +32-3-240.42.11
Fax  +32-3-240.48.88

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP