Subject: [Sipping] SIP-Specific Event Notification-query?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 17:28:35 +0300

Hi,
I was reading the "SIP-Specific Event Notification" draft and I found that
in section 5.1.2 it says:

"200-class responses to SUBSCRIBE requests also MUST contain an
     "Expires" header. The period of time in the response MAY be
     shorter than specified in the request, but MUST NOT be longer.
     The period of time in the response is the one which defines the
     duration of the subscription."

and in 5.1.5.1 it says:

"The "Expires" header in a 200-class response to SUBSCRIBE
     indicates the actual duration for which the subscription will
     remain active (unless refreshed)."

An then, in section 5.1.7.1  it says -Here is where I get lost!! :-) :

"200-class responses to SUBSCRIBE requests will not generally
     contain any useful information beyond subscription duration;
     their primary purpose is to serve as a reliability mechanism.
     State information will be communicated via a subsequent NOTIFY
     request from the notifier."

Do 200-class responses to SUBSCRIBE request contain or not useful
information regarding subscription duration?

Thanks,
BR,
Queca

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Ajit Kalele <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 14:31:28 +0530

An then, in section 5.1.7.1  it says -Here is
where I get lost!! :-) :

contain any useful information beyond subscription
duration;

their primary purpose is to serve as a reliability
mechanism.

State information will be communicated via
a subsequent NOTIFY

Yes, they do.

As the section, as well as your quote form it, states that

contain any useful information beyond
subscription duration;"

Regards

- Ajit

*********************************************************

Disclaimer

This message (including any attachments) contains

confidential information intended for a specific

individual and purpose, and is protected by law.

If you are not the intended recipient, you should

delete this message and are hereby notified that

any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this

message, or the taking of any action based on it,

is strictly prohibited.

*********************************************************

Visit us at http://www.mahindrabt.com