Subject: [Sipping] SIP - ISUP Interworking Questions

From: "Menon, Sunil" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 19:10:40 -0500

Hi,
 Folks, here are some interworking questions, which I need clarification on
: 

For a PSTN to SIP call :

 1) If the MGC receives 180 without SDP, the MG generates Ring Back tone
towards the PSTN. In the corresponding ACM that MGC sends towards the PSTN,
should it set the in-band information indicator in the Optional Backward
Call Indicators to be 1 - i.e in-band info or pattern available ?

2) If the MGC receives 180 with SDP, the assumption is that the MG does not
need to generate Ringback. There is tone or announcement being provided to
the caller by the SIP device.  In the ACM that the MGC sends, should it set
the in-band information indicator in the Optional Backward Call Indicators
to be 1 - i.e in-band info or pattern available ?

3) If the MGC receives 183 with SDP, In the ACM that the MGC sends, should
it set the in-band information indicator in the Optional Backward Call
Indicators to be 1 - i.e in-band info or pattern available ?

Thanks in advance.

Sunil Menon
Sonus Networks

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP