Subject: [Sipping] Question regarding CANCEL processing.

From: "Venkatesh Venkataramanan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 12:30:29 -0800

Hello,

Per my understanding, with bis05, any user agent that wishes to terminate an
INVITE that has resulted in an early dialog should use a BYE. A couple of
questions regarding the same.

1. Must the UA build the ROUTE set it built as a result of an early dialog
when it sends out the BYE request.
2. Must it also use the to-tag it received in one of the "early dialog"
response?

If yes, seems that this BYE would only terminate the "early dialog" that was
established. How does such a BYE terminate any "pending" INVITE requests
that have been forked by a stateful proxy? Should the UA also issue a CANCEL
in addition to the BYE request? 

Sorry if this issue was brought up earlier in the mailing list !

Regards,
Venkatesh

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP