Subject: [Sipping] Spam on mailman lists

From: Mail Administrator <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 15:06:54 -0500 (EST)

Please consider making the list subscriber only.  This will cut down on
the spam being sent out on the list.  

The list admistrators will get email from Mailman when a message is
caught.  It provides a https address for the approval or disapproval of
the messages.

The page https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/admin/<sip,sipping>/privacy is
where this change would be made.  The field "Restrict posting privilege to
list members?" would be set to yes.  If you have non-subscribers that you
wish to allow to post with out seeing an administration message, put their
address in the "Addresses of members accepted for posting to this ..." 
field below.

If you have any questions,  please contact me.

Mailman Administrator

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP