Subject: [Sipping] SIP/ISUP and calling party number

From: De Leo Walter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 11:53:16 -0300

What do you think about the following:

The problem Juha presented in another thread is more related to SIP-ISUP
interworking than with the privacy draft, I think. I will restate the proble
he presented in the following way (Juha tell me if I misunderstood you):

When a call enters the PSTN in many countries it has to carry a valid
calling party number to be traceable in mallicius call situations or to be
presented to the called Party. It is up to the Local Exchange where B party
is connected if it will display the calling party number to the called party
based on calling party preferences and called party priority to override
calling party preferences (e.g: if B is a police station it will have
calling party number presented even if calling party indicated the
opposite).

I see here 3 scenarios:

SIP Bridging situations:

a) ISUP- SIP Ingress - .... - SIP Egress - ISUP: Not a problem. Calling
party number and presentation preferences indicated in ISUP body.

b) ISUP - SIP Ingress - ... SIP Application Server - ... - SIP Egress:
Possibly a problem if SIP AS  changed SIP headers in such a way that
encapsulated ISUP information is no longer valid.

SIP originated calls:
c) SIP UA - ....- SIP Egress - PSTN: A problem since SIP UA doesn't know if
an INVITE will end up in a PSTN Gateway. We don´t want a phone number
inserted in every call, just in case, do we?

.....

I think that the first question we should answer is if SIP community is
interested in addressing this potential issues.

I don't have a formed opinion yet.

Regards

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Keith Robinson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 16:37:13 +0000

Is (c) not a case for SIP URLs to also belong to the E164 address space ?
The SIP Egress you identify is a SIPGW  into the PSTN and before it allows
any originated call into the PSTN, the originator must be authenticated and
the appropriate E164 written into the CLI (by the SPGW so that it is
verified by the network). As the SIPGW is a particular case of a SIPUA it
should be able to anything it likes with the address information it
receives.

De Leo Walter <[email-masked]>@ietf.org on 01/25/2002 03:23:16 PM

Sent by:  [email-masked]

To:   "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
cc:

Subject:  [Sipping] SIP/ISUP and calling party number

The problem Juha presented in another thread is more related to SIP-ISUP
interworking than with the privacy draft, I think. I will restate the
proble
he presented in the following way (Juha tell me if I misunderstood you):

is connected if it will display the calling party number to the called
party

I see here 3 scenarios:

SIP Bridging situations:

SIP originated calls:

.....

Regards

------------
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system. Do not copy this e-mail or any attachments, use the contents for any purpose, or disclose the contents to any other person: to do so could be a breach of confidence.