Subject: [Sipping] Question on Mapping of 180 to ACM (draft-ietf-sipping-isup-00)

From: "Menon, Sunil" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 19:39:54 -0500

For an ISUP to SIP call, if a Media Gateway sends an INVITE to the SIP
device, and receives a 183 response from the SIP device, it needs to map it
into an ACM. The question I have is : What should it set the Called Party
Status in the ACM to ? Should it set it to 00 - No Indication, or should it
set to 01 - Subscriber Free ? 
Section 7.1.1 of the draft-ietf-sipping-isup-00 draft, indicates that it
should be set to 00 - No Indication. However section 7.2.3 makes it little
unclear. It seems to indicate that it needs to be set to 01 -  Subscriber
Free. 

Appreciate somebody clarifying that. 

Thanks
Sunil Menon
Sonus Networks
5 Carlisle Road
Westford, MA 01886

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP