Subject: [Sipping] SID/ANI mapping

From: "Don Stanwyck" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 12:14:29 -0700

We have looked through the SIP and SIPPING drafts and can not find a way
for a proxy (playing the role of the traditional PBX) to insert a
billing number that is different from the From: header.  Would someone
enlighten us on how an entity can indicate that the call is from one
party but is to be billed to an account that is different from the From
field?  This would be used, for example, when a voice mail system is
making an out-call on behalf of a subscriber.
 
Thanks!

Don Stanwyck
IP Unity - VP, Technology and Standards
-------------------------------------------
1575 McCandless Dr.  | 2182 E. 129th Dr.
Milpitas, CA 95035   | Thornton, CO 80241
tel: +1 408 582-1106 | tel: +1 303 883-6386
fax: +1 408 957-0823 | fax: +1 303 452-1200
-------------------------------------------
email: [email-masked]
       [email-masked]
AOL IM:   ilJJamk
YaHoo IM: ilJJamk
MSN IM:   [email-masked]

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 14:46:08 -0500

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-privacy-03.txt

The Remote-Party-ID header. We've been using rpi-id-type=user for this
specifically.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 15:12:44 -0500

> The Remote-Party-ID header. We've been using rpi-id-type=user for this

Minor correction - I mean type=subscriber.

-Jonathan R.