Subject: [Sipping] Draft resource priority

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:29:52 EST

Minor comment:

In the new Annex B, it states:

with "0" being the lowest value and the "4" the highest.

Current Q.735 defines "0" as the highest and "4" as the lowest. Although this 
seems non-intuitive, this definition should be retained there. The idea is 
for SIP proxies to not have to do anything with this field - just copy it 
directly from/to the Q.735 message (except maybe check that it is in the 
range 0-4).

Mike

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 19:44:05 -0600

Mike

I saw that inaccuracy, but didn't somehow correct for it. It will be corrected
in the v -01 of this ID.

Thank you for the heads-up

>directly from/to the Q.735 message (except maybe check that it is in the 

*************************************
"People generally demand more respect for their own rights than they are
willing to allow for others"

James M. Polk
Consulting Engineer
Office of the CTO

Cisco Systems
2200 East President George Bush Turnpike 
Richardson, TX  75082 USA
w) 972.813.5208
f)  972.813.5280
www.cisco.com

---

From: Aki Petteri Niemi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 13:07:24 +0200

Hi All,

We have written an extension to Digest authentication enabling its use 
in 3GPP IMS. The draft defines a mechanism, in which the UMTS 
Authentication and Key Agreement (AKA) protocol is used for generating 
Digest passwords. Overall, Digest operation has been preserved, with 
some added semantics and parameters.

The I-D can be fetched from:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-niemi-sipping-digest-aka-00.txt

Requirements for the work are discussed in:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-uusitalo-sipping-authentication-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-garcia-sipping-3gpp-reqs-02.txt

The aim with this document is to have a SIP WG work item for it, and 
progress the document to standards track RFC. Note, that this work is in 
some sense continuing the SIP EAP work, but with a more well defined 
scope based on the feedback from the Transport AD's and various other 
experts in the field.

Comments are appreciated.

Thanks,
Aki

---
Abstract

    The Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) Authentication Framework
    includes two authentication schemes: Basic and Digest.  Both schemes
    employ a shared secret based mechanism for access authentication.
    The Authentication and Key Agreement (AKA) mechanism performs user
    authentication and session key distribution in Universal Mobile
    Telecommunications System (UMTS) networks.  AKA is a challenge-
    response based mechanism that uses symmetric cryptography.  This memo
    specifies an AKA based password generation mechanism for HTTP Digest
    access authentication.