Subject: [Sipping] Status of draft "draft-rosenberg-sip-vxml-00"

From: Samandi Sami <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 19:00:00 +0100

Dear all,

  Sorry if this question has been asked before.

  I wanted to know the status of draft "draft-rosenberg-sip-vxml-00". Are there any planned modifications or could we consider the draft stable enough to start building UA for VoiceXML dialog server based on its specification ?

Thank you
Sami 

Sami SAMANDI
SIEMENS Réseaux Informatiques et Télécommunications
22300 LANNION

Phone :	+ 33 2 96 48 73 99
Fax :	+ 33 2 96 48 74 73

Email :	[email-masked]
Web :    http://intranet.srit.siemens.fr/department/se1/ 

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:33:36 -0500

Samandi Sami wrote:
>   I wanted to know the status of draft "draft-rosenberg-sip-vxml-00".
> Are there any planned modifications or could we consider the draft
> stable enough to start building UA for VoiceXML dialog server based on
> its specification ?

The draft is currently not a charter item for sipping.

I know of a few people who have implemented it; the only bit which
really requires any kind of formal standardization is the http URL in
the r-uri. Most of the rest of it is largely implementation hints. 

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com