Subject: [Sipping] RE: [Sip] Path to Working Group Item

From: "Bert Culpepper" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 13:25:59 -0500

Hello all/sipping chairs,

I'd like find out if there is any interest moving forward with defining a
mechanism to transport key presses (user indications) using SIP.  I believe
there is significant interest in some standard mechanism for what's been
typically referred to as "DTMF in INFO".  It is my belief that what's really
desired is application access to user indications as the transport of DTMF
in IP networks *is* handled nicely by RFC 2833.  I also believe that it is
desirable to use SIP for the mechanism so as to reduce the number of
protocols a device must support for access to the services that can be
associated with media sessions.

As far as I can tell, there are two current proposals that relate to the
above.  The first is draft-mahy-sipping-signaled-digits-00 and the other
(more general :-) is draft-culpepper-sip-key-events-01.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

BTW, the latest copy of the key events draft is available at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-culpepper-sip-key-events-01.txt.

Regards,
Bert

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP