Subject: [Sipping] Comments/opinions asked for this Hearing Impairment draft.

From: "Arnoud van Wijk (ELN)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 13:35:09 +0100

Hello SIPPING People!

We have released the latest draft describing User Requirements for SIP in support of deaf, hard of hearing and speech-impaired individuals.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-deaf-req-00.txt

What I like to "hear" from you as SIPPING WG members;
Do you think that this draft is both a reasonable representation of requirements and that it is complete and consistent with IETF document models? (quote from Dean)

Have we forgotten anything? Should we mention other things? 
Do you want better flow drawings? 
Do you understand the message of this draft?
Do you think that you have enough material with this draft to start designing/developing SIP in support of deaf, hard of hearing and speech-impaired individuals?
Etc.
Etc.
 
So, please read this draft and post your comments on this SIPPING mailinglist. It will soon go for WGLC and then to be submitted to the IESG!

Thanks!

Arnoud van Wijk
_______________________________________________________________
ERICSSON EUROLABS NETHERLANDS BV
Arnoud van Wijk
Fax: +31-161 247569
_______________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Kozdon, Peter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 11:48:23 -0800

This draft seems to excellently cover support needs for Hearing Impairment,
however, we should also consider Visual Impairment concurrently with any
activity that evolves from this draft. With Convergence - many
implementations will provide "text based" information in conjunction will
voice sessions. In the same way as Hearing Impaired are not able to utilize
the "audio" portions of sessions so the Visually Impaired will not have
access to the visual portion of a communication dialog.

Even though I am not fully familiar with such needs, many of the services
described in this draft would seem to have their direct complement for
Hearing Impaired, especially if we also broaden the scope to include
"SIMPLE". In many cases the draft specifies a need for a audio->visual media
conversion service - the complementary of visual (not limited to
text)->audio media conversion would also seem to be desirable. 

Peter Kozdon

-----Original Message-----
From: Arnoud van Wijk (ELN) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 4:35 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [Sipping] Comments/opinions asked for this Hearing Impairment
draft.

Hello SIPPING People!

We have released the latest draft describing User Requirements for SIP in
support of deaf, hard of hearing and speech-impaired individuals.

What I like to "hear" from you as SIPPING WG members;
Do you think that this draft is both a reasonable representation of
requirements and that it is complete and consistent with IETF document
models? (quote from Dean)

Have we forgotten anything? Should we mention other things? 
Do you want better flow drawings? 
Do you understand the message of this draft?
Do you think that you have enough material with this draft to start
designing/developing SIP in support of deaf, hard of hearing and
speech-impaired individuals? Etc. Etc.
 
So, please read this draft and post your comments on this SIPPING
mailinglist. It will soon go for WGLC and then to be submitted to the IESG!

Thanks!

Arnoud van Wijk

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip Use
[email-masked] for new developments of core SIP