Subject: RE: [Sipping] Network Asserted Identity (was: RE: Summary of RE: [Sip] Comment, SIP Privacy draft)

From: "Mark Watson"<[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 19:49:22 +0100

NAI3) Secure transport of network asserted identity across 'untrusted'
networks back to the same trust domain (including between trust 'islands' -
disconnected parts of a single trust domain)

What do we mean by secure? Does this mean non-disclosure of a _private_ NAI
to the untrusted domain? Preventing the untrusted domain from tampering with
the NAI (private or otherwise)? I realize we may have discussed that
elsewhere, but we should capture it in the requirement nonetheless. (Note
that I am _not_ disagreeing for a change :-) )  

Good point. I meant preventing the untrusted domain from tampering with or
seeing the NAI (private or otherwise). i.e. it gets passed securely back to
the original trust domain, although I don't suppose we can prevent the
untrusted domain from removing it altogether!

 NAI4) Transport of network asserted identity between trust domains (i.e.
transport in one domain of a network asserted identity received from another
domain) 

Should there be a "Secure" in this requirement as well?  

No, this was the case where the untrusted domain can see, and I guess tamper
with, the NAI.

...Mark