Subject: [Sipping] New draft in interworking between SIP and QSIG

From: "Elwell, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 08:44:56 +0100

A new Internet-Draft on interworking between SIP and QSIG will shortly be
posted. In the meantime it is available in .txt and .pdf formats at:

www.ecma.ch/ecma1/topics/ietf.htm

Abstract:

	This document specifies interworking between the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP) and QSIG within corporate networks. SIP is an Internet
application-layer control (signalling) protocol for creating, modifying, and
terminating sessions with one or more participants. These sessions include,
in particular, telephone calls. QSIG is a signalling protocol for creating,
modifying and terminating circuit-switched calls, in particular telephone
calls, within Private Integrated Services Networks (PISNs). QSIG is
specified in a number of ECMA Standards and published also as ISO/IEC
standards.

	As the support of telephony within corporate networks evolves from
circuit-switched technology to Internet technology, the two technologies
will co-exist in many networks for a period, perhaps several years.
Therefore there is a need to be able to establish, modify and terminate
sessions involving a participant in the SIP network and a participant in the
QSIG network. Such calls are supported by gateways that perform interworking
between SIP and QSIG.

	This document is a product of the authors' activities in ECMA
(www.ecma.ch) on interoperability of QSIG with IP networks.

The authors are keen to receive comments.

--------------------------------------------------------------
John Elwell ([email-masked])
Siemens Communications Limited,
--------------------------------------------------------------
	Internet communications are not secure and therefore Siemens
Communications Limited does not accept legal responsibility for the contents
of this message. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of Siemens Communications
Limited unless otherwise specifically stated.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP