Subject: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-rosenberg-sipping-markup-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 08:24:06 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Framework for Stimulus Signaling in SIP Using Markup
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg
	Filename	: draft-rosenberg-sipping-markup-00.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 24-Apr-02
	
In order for SIP applications to work, they will frequently need to
collect user input and provide feedback to users. Traditionally, user
input has been done in the PSTN through DTMF. Much work has occurred
on extending these DTMF models into the domain of SIP, typically by
transporting DTMF digits or user input through some SIP message to an
application server. We propose a broader framework for stimulus using
markup. The approach can support traditional DTMF user input, but
also a rich variety of devices, user interfaces and stimulus that
goes well beyond DTMF.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sipping-markup-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rosenberg-sipping-markup-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sipping-markup-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.