Subject: [Sipping] Request: Posting Formats -- Use Plain Text

From: "Dean Willis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 08:30:13 -0500

I've noticed a lot of people posting messages in Microsoft Rich Text or
MHTML formats.

This is painful and hard to reply to, and makes it hard to follow the
thread of conversation. And it makes the messages nearly IMPOSSIBLE to
read on smaller-format devices.

Please:

1) Set your email program up to use plain text if at all possible. There
were guidelines for this on IETF Announce last year.

2) Don't just copy in the whole body of a message when you're responding
to a small section of it. Just include the relevant text and an
attribution to the original author -- like "Dean wrote:".

Thanks.

--
Dean

We could probably dig up the USENET etiquette FAQ if anyone would find
that useful.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP