Subject: [Sipping] SIP & T.120

From: "Sanjoy Sen"<[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 12:51:32 -0600

Is there any ongoing work or planned work in the WG to integrate SIP and
T.120/whiteboarding ?  Is this the right place for this work or should this
be handled at MMUSIC?

The fundamental issues that come to mind : 
1) T.120 family does everything from capability negotiation (T.121), session
set-up (T.122), to conference control (T.124). Should we, for simplicity's
sake, use SIP just to set-up transport for T.120 and leave everything else
for T.120 to handle? This makes some sense given the wide deployment of
complete T.120 stacks. However, there're lot of overlap between the Generic
Conferencing Model (T.124) and SIP conferencing models and framework, and
their interactions need to be sorted out (e.g., Join). What're some of the
new SDP attributes that need to be defined?

2) The alternative is, of course, to recreate "whiteboarding" using SDP &
SIP conferencing models. Is anybody aware of any ongoing work in other
bodies (e.g., W3C)?

What is the general opinion of the WG on starting some work on this?

Thanks,

Sanjoy
[email-masked]