Subject: RE: [Sipping] Binding published data to services

From: "James Undery" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 16:45:04 +0100

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Henning Schulzrinne [mailto:[email-masked]]

> This is why I like a REGISTER-based model that ties the AOR to other
> URIs, by function. What exactly is the problem with that?

The problem is how to tie the other URIs to their function i.e How do I
REGISTER to say push my CPL scripts to
http://www.example.com/scripts/james.cpl. I am concerned any REGISTER
based solution will be a hack, REGISTER like semantics would make me
happier.

James

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 12:06:23 -0400

> based solution will be a hack, REGISTER like semantics would make me

Similar to Content-Disposition and Call-Info, i.e., with a registered
tag identifying the function of the URI.

It's hard to discuss "hack quotients". Could you be more specific in
your objections?