Subject: [Sipping] draft-levin-sipping-conferencing-requirements-00.txt

From: Orit Levin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 18:20:16 -0400

We submitted this morning a 
"Conferencing Requirements for SIP Based Applications" draft
which is based on the direction discussed during a "Conferencing Lunch" in
Minneapolis.
Till the draft appears in the IETF directory, please, pick up a copy for
your review at
ftp://ftp.radvision.com/Standards/ <ftp://ftp.radvision.com/Standards/> 

Abstract 
    
   At present, SIP signaling sessions under a conferencing application 
   must rely on out-of-band signaling for participant information and 
   conference manipulation. This document suggests an integrated 
   approach that defines a Hierarchal Application Signaling Model and 
   allows SIP to support both basic and complex applications based on 
   more basic applications. As example conferencing applications, a 
   general "SIP Star Conferencing Application" and a more specialized 
   "SIP Star Real Time Multimedia Conferencing Application" are defined 
   within this Hierarchical Application Signaling Model. This document 
   identifies requirements for SIP entities that participate or host 
   these applications. 
   A future document will suggest the mapping of the requirements to 
   corresponding protocols and their primitives. 

Best Regards,
Orit Levin
Chief Architect
RADVISION Inc.
TEL: +1.201.529.4300 x 230
FAX: +1.201.529.3516

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP