Subject: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-watson-sipping-req-history-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 07:22:34 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Generic Request History Capability - Requirements
	Author(s)	: M. Watson, M. Barnes, C. Jennings, J. Peterson
	Filename	: draft-watson-sipping-req-history-01.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 18-Apr-02
	
Many services that SIP is anticipated to support require the 
ability to determine why and how the call arrived at a specific 
application.  Examples of such services include (but are not 
limited to) sessions initiated to call centers via 'click to talk' 
SIP URLs on a web page, 'call history/logging' style services 
within intelligent 'call management' software for SIP UAs and calls 
to voicemail servers and call centers.  While SIP implicitly 
provides the redirect/retarget capabilities that enable calls to be 
routed to chosen applications, there is currently no standard 
mechanism within SIP for communicating the history of such a 
request. This 'request history' information allows the receiving 
application to determine hints about how and why the call arrived 
at the application/user.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-watson-sipping-req-history-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-watson-sipping-req-history-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-watson-sipping-req-history-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Mary Barnes"<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 12:42:48 -0500

Hi all,

We'd like to receive some feedback on our updated draft for the "Generic
Request History Capability" which appeared in the archives the end of last
week.

We have tried to incorporate/address all the concerns which were raised
around this draft via email and during discussions in Minneapolis:

1. An appendix has been added to include some example scenarios.

2. We've pruned the requirements a bit in an effort to make them more
concise and explicit, hopefully resolving some of the previous
misunderstandings.

3. We've added a section that highlights additional considerations
introduced by specific requirements, some of which will need to be further
clarified by the specific application making use of this capability. 

As the conclusion of the draft suggests, we'd like to get WG concensus on
these requirements so that we can progress to the next step which would be
to evaluate solution options. 

Regards,
Mary H. Barnes
[email-masked]
972-684-5432
Wireless 817-703-4806

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 6:23 AM
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-watson-sipping-req-history-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:

Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 12:42:50 -0500