Subject: [Sipping] reminder to review call flows

From: Rohan Mahy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 11:49:11 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

Hi Folks,

As a reminder, WGLC for call flows is scheduled to end April 19th.  Please
contact Alan Johnston ([email-masked]) to volunteer to review a
section.

thanks,
-rohan

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Pekka Pessi <[email-masked]>
Date: 16 Apr 2002 11:01:03 +0300

Hello,

	I think that a couple of torture messages with IPv6 addresses in
	them would be nice addition. 

	I have attached an INVITE request and a 488 response to it, feel
	free to include them.

						Pekka

-----8<-------------8<-------------8<-------------8<-------------8<-----
7.42 INVITE Request with IPv6 Addresses

   This is a valid INVITE message containing IPv6 addresses. An IPv4-only
   SIP element should be able to parse and respond this request.

   INVITE sip:bob@[3ffe:1200:3012:c006:206:5bff:fe55:462f] SIP/2.0
   Via: SIP/2.0/UDP [3ffe:1200:3012:c006:206:5bff:fe55:462f]
        ;branch=z9hG4bKoHjruVnj9aW
   Via: SIP/2.0/UDP [3ffe:1200:3012:c000:210:a4ff:fe8d:6a46]:5062
        ;branch=z9hG4bKuNCTHs8Lumv
        ;received=[3ffe:1200:3012:c006:210:a4ff:fe8d:6a46]
   From: <sip:alice@[3ffe:1200:3012:c000:210:a4ff:fe8d:6a46]>
        ;tag=ud6a29947
   Record-Route: <sip:[email-masked];maddr=[fe80::206:5bff:fe55:462f]>
   To: <sip:[email-masked];maddr=[3ffe:1200:3012:c006:206:5bff:fe55:462f]>
   Call-ID: f89fa68e-5109-11d6-0581-0010A48D6A46
   CSeq: 2 INVITE
   Contact: <sip:[3ffe:1200:3012:c000:210:a4ff:fe8d:6a46]:5062>
   Call-Info: <http://[3ffe:1200:3012:c000:210:a4ff:fe8d:6a46]/alice.gif>
        ;purpose=icon;g-param=[3ffe:1200:3012:c000:210:a4ff:fe8d:6a46]
   Content-Type: application/sdp
   Content-Length: 352

   v=0
   o=alice 1804289383 2 IN IP6 3ffe:1200:3012:c000:210:a4ff:fe8d:6a46
   s=-
   c=IN IP6 3ffe:1200:3012:c000:210:a4ff:fe8d:6a46
   t=0 0
   m=audio 5004 RTP/AVP 96 97 
   a=rtpmap:96 AMR/8000
   a=rtpmap:97 GSM-EFR/8000

7.43 Response message with IPv6 Addresses

   This is a response from IPv4-only host to the INVITE above.

   SIP/2.0 488 Not Acceptable Here
   Via: SIP/2.0/UDP [3ffe:1200:3012:c006:206:5bff:fe55:462f]
        ;branch=z9hG4bKoHjruVnj9aW;received=172.21.40.44
   Via: SIP/2.0/UDP [3ffe:1200:3012:c000:210:a4ff:fe8d:6a46]:5062
        ;branch=z9hG4bKuNCTHs8Lumv
        ;received=[3ffe:1200:3012:c006:210:a4ff:fe8d:6a46]
   From: <sip:alice@[3ffe:1200:3012:c000:210:a4ff:fe8d:6a46]>
        ;tag=ud6a29947
   To: <sip:[email-masked];maddr=[3ffe:1200:3012:c006:206:5bff:fe55:462f]>
        ;tag=f4ef9d6a
   Call-ID: f89fa68e-5109-11d6-0581-0010A48D6A46
   CSeq: 2 INVITE
   Warning: 301 172.21.40.24 "IN network address type 'IP6' not supported"
   Content-Length: 0

-----8<-------------8<-------------8<-------------8<-------------8<-----

---

From: Jiri Kuthan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 12:51:48 +0200

Hi Pekka,

one of our developpers meant there was a bug in your example. Can you
verify that?

Thanks,

-Jiri

> > ;received=[3ffe:1200:3012:c006:210:a4ff:fe8d:6a46] 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 
this is an IPv6reference. the "received" param is defined as 
via-received = "received" EQUAL ( IPv4address / IPv6address ) 
(see page 241 of draft-ietf-sip-rfc2543bis-09) ^^^^^^^^^^^ 
So this is illegal, because an IPv6address is basically not the same as an 
IPv6reference: 
IPv6reference = "[" IPv6address "]"
The same is in 7.43
Did I miss something ? Or do I have an old draft ?

---

From: Pekka Pessi <[email-masked]>
Date: 17 Apr 2002 19:17:16 +0300

>one of our developpers meant there was a bug in your example. Can you

	The request is a valid SIP message and it should be accepted.
	The "received=[3ffe:1200:3012:c006:210:a4ff:fe8d:6a46]"
	parameter in question actually matches the generic-param rule in
	the bis-09 ABNF.

>IPv6reference: IPv6reference = "[" IPv6address "]" >The same is in 7.43

	I'd say the bug is in the spec (bis-09), the 

	should be replaced with 

via-received = "received" EQUAL ( IPv4address / IPv6reference ) 

	Did they managed to publish 3261? 

					Pekka

---

From: Sean Olson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 12:42:26 -0700 (PDT)

I agree. IPv6reference should be used almost
exclusively. This uniformity makes it much easier
to build.

/sean

--- Pekka Pessi <[email-masked]> wrote:
> In message
<[email-masked]>
> Jiri Kuthan <[email-masked]> writes:
> 	The
> "received=[3ffe:1200:3012:c006:210:a4ff:fe8d:6a46]"
> >> > Via: SIP/2.0/UDP
> [3ffe:1200:3012:c000:210:a4ff:fe8d:6a46]:5062 
> >IPv6reference: IPv6reference = "[" IPv6address "]"
> >The same is in 7.43
> Sipping mailing list 
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping

=====
Sean Olson <[email-masked]>

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Tax Center - online filing with TurboTax
http://taxes.yahoo.com/