Subject: RE: [Sipping] draft-watson-sipping-req-history-01

From: "Mark Watson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 10:09:39 +0100

> As for the security interactions -- if you don't consider the debate
> we've had over the last two years about
> privacy/security/confidentiality/identity/caller-ID to be in and of
> itself "hideous" (or at least really complicated and painful) then
> you're a dramatically more sympathetic and tolerant person than I am.
>

I think Mary said that the request history/privacy interactions were only
slightly more "hideous" than the stuff we were discussing previously, not
that it was not itself "hideous".

In fact I think the solutions we are finally arriving at for the basic
identity case will make the discussion on request history/privacy much
easier.

In my experience, identity/privacy/Data Protection discussions have a
nightmarish quality in every context that they have come up, whether PSTN
CLI or SIP. It is no surprise that the debate we've had was "really
complication and painful" - it's a hard topic.

...Mark