Subject: [Sipping] New version of Message Waiting available

From: Rohan Mahy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 20:30:31 -0700

Hi,

I just submitted a new version of the message waiting draft.  Until it 
appears in the archive, it is available on softarmor at:

http://www.softarmor.com/sipping/drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-mwi-00.html
http://www.softarmor.com/sipping/drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-mwi-00.txt

the open issues remaining are listed below:

1. Should the "media types" concept be replaced entirely with message 
contexts? This would be a non-backwards compatible change, but appears 
to be a better semantic match than what is in the draft now. This would 
also add extensibility and change control in a single document. The list 
of valid message-context-classes are voice-message, fax-message, 
pager-message, multimedia-message, text-message, and none.

2. Should the syntax follow that of SIP instead of the restrictive 
syntax now in place? A SIP syntax would add line folding, for example. 
The optional message-headers would borrow the "extension-header" syntax 
from SIP and the per-media (or per-message-context) summary lines would 
use the explicit whitespace separators defined in SIP (ex: HCOLON, 
SLASH).

3. If forking or state agents are supported, and the subscriber 
subscribes to a group alias, how is the specific messaging account 
specified in the corresponding notifies? Do we need a place to put the 
account in the body draft.

Comments on the draft as a whole, and especially these open issues.

thanks,
-rohan

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP