Subject: Re: [Sipping] updated 3pcc I-D

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 00:07:00 -0400

Sanjoy Sen wrote:
> 
> In flow (15) of Figure 11 (User A initiated precondition), the 200 OK to
> UPDATE carries a current status of 'send' inspite of reservation being
> completed in both directions. What prevents this from being 'sendrecv',
> which would eliminate another roundtrip with UPDATE?

My assumption is that the reservations won't complete at the same time
in reality. If they did, there would actually be a race condition with
both sides sending an UPDATE at once (the glare procedures would cause
one to back off). I think the current flow is fine.

> 
> A minor nit: flow (6) in the same figure would be '183' instead of '183
> OK'.

Right, thanks.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP