Subject: [Sipping] SIP-T comments

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 01:53:45 +0300

Hi,

A few editorial comments on draft-ietf-sipping-sipt-03:

First, chapter 2 says:

"SIP-T is employed in order to leverage the intrinsic benefits of
utilizing SIP: request routing and call control leveraging proxy servers
(including the use of forking),..."

The draft, however, doesn't even mention the case where forking may be a
problem - when a request is forked to multiple MGCs, and the UAC may
receive ISUP data from those MGCs. In a correctly configured network I
guess it won't happend, but it IS possible in theory, so...

Second, chapter 2 also define different scenarios (PSTN-PSTN, IP-PSTN,
etc), and describe them more in details later. Now, when the support for
SIP "looping" (using the remote and local tags as part of the call
identifier) has been added to bis, I wonder if it would be a good idea
to mention that scenario. Or, if not as a separate scenario, at least as
part of the PSTN-PSTN scenario.

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP