Subject: [Sipping] updated conference and dialog event packages

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 22:34:45 -0400

Folks,

I've split draft-rosenberg-sip-call-package into two drafts, and 
submitted them as new work items for sipping. Until they appear in the 
archives, you can pick them up at:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-sipping-conference-package-00.txt
http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-sipping-dialog-package-00.txt

The changes since the previous revision are:

Dialog Package
--------------

* chose a single default subscription duration (1 hr)

* defined a dialog state machine, replacing the kludgey response-code 
based reporting of events.

* specified detailed recommendation on generating NOTIFYs when the 
subscriber is not authorized to see details on how many calls you have 
and what states they are in.

* clarified that this is for INVITE initiated dialogs

* switched to XML schema for the dialog document

* detailed protocol mechanisms for partial updates

* local URI and remote URI made into elements, not attributes of the 
dialog element

* removed Route element

* proper IANA registrations of namespace and MIME type

Conference Package
------------------

* added an event parameter for supporting "recursion"; when a 
participant in a conference is also a conference, if the recursion flag 
is set, the conference server will generate a SUBSCRIBE to it to 
determine its membership.

* well specified algorithm for partial notifications

* switched to XML schema; proper namespace usages easily allowed for 
importing the dialog element from the dialog package

* IANA registrations for namespace and MIME type

Comments and questions welcome.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP