Subject: [Sipping] Feature Group D MF CAS interface inbound and SIP outbound

From: Romel Khan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 19:11:25 -0400

In US network, if we have a SIP GW that interfaces to the PSTN side using
Feature Group D (FGD) MF CAS for inbound as IXC, how will the ANI be
interworked in the SIP in the outgoing INVITE? The FROM header?
ANI and the Calling Party Number are not always one and the same. But it
seems that in SIP, this differentiation does not exist. 
Not a good thing to do if the caller in the PSTN side expects his/her number
to be presentation restricted, then at the FGD interface the ANI is passed
through, which the SIP GW could place it in the FROM header of the outgoing
INVITE that ends up in a SIP endpoint, which then uses the phone number in
the FROM header to display the caller's number. One possibility to prevent
this mistake is for the SIP GW to utilize the sip privacy draft and mark any
call originating from the FGD trunk as private using the RPI header in the
outgoing INVITE.
Any suggestions?   

Thanks,
Romel Khan 
Net2Phone

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP