Subject: [Sipping] Consolidating various conferencing I-Ds

From: Henry Sinnreich <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 15:28:31 -0500

The good news is there is a lot of SIP conferencing work going on, but
now there may be time to get organized.

I am a little confused about the various conferencing requirements,
framework and other documents, how it all fits together:

<draft-levin-sipping-conferencing-requirements-01.txt>
<draft-koskelainen-sipping-conf-requirements-00.txt>
<draft-khartabil-sip-conferencing-00.txt>
<draft-ietf-sipping-conferencing-models-01.txt>
<draft-ietf-sipping-conference-package-00.txt>
<Conferencing Framework Requirements by [email-masked]>
<draft-levin-sip-for-video-01.txt>
<draft-wu-sipping-floor-control-01.txt>

...and apologize if I may have missed some more.

Is there a way to:

1-Consolidate the conferencing requirements into one single draft?
2-Get a conferencing framework document?

Thanks, Henry

Henry Sinnreich
WorldCom
400 International Parkway
Richardson, Texas 75081
USA

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Orit Levin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 17:50:55 -0400

Henry!
There are more :-)

<draft-ietf-sipping-cc-framework-00>
<draft-mahy-sip-join-and-fork-01.txt>
<draft-miladinovic-sip-multiparty-ext-00.txt>
<draft-trossen-conferencing-problem-00.txt>
<draft-mahy-sip-cc-uri-params-00.txt>
<draft-burger-sipping-msuri-01.txt>
...

The <draft-levin-sipping-conferencing-requirements-01.txt> is the latest
"requirements' authors" joined attempt to define "a tightly managed SIP
conferencing framework" and to consolidate the requirements for its
realization. In this version of the draft, the media-related and the
advanced management conferencing requirements are left for future study.

Drafts <draft-ietf-sipping-conference-package-00.txt> and
<draft-mahy-sip-join-and-fork-01.txt> met different requirements in a number
of the areas, listed by the draft .

Draft <draft-ietf-sipping-conferencing-models-01.txt> and others, related to
(service) URL meaning/definition/use, require alignments according to the
latest discussions.

We need to discuss/add/withdraw/prioritize the requirements and then move
forward with the rest.
I would say that the URL "resolution" is the most pressing one.

Orit Levin
Chief Architect
RADVISION, Inc.
266 Harristown Road, Ste. 201
Glen Rock, NJ  07452
Tel:  +1-201-689-6330 
Fax:  +1-201-689-6301 

-----Original Message-----
From: Henry Sinnreich [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, July 05, 2002 4:29 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sipping] Consolidating various conferencing I-Ds

Is there a way to:

Thanks, Henry

Henry Sinnreich
WorldCom