Subject: [Sipping] Transaction Matching

From: "ShavinderPal Singh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 19:01:50 +0530

The rfc-2543bis-09 says that the transaction matching happens by
comparing the "Request-Uri", To tag, From tag, CallId, CSeq, and top Via
field.
I was wondering why do we need to compare all these every time? Cannot I
just calculate a hash(MD5) of 'Request-Uri' and the 'CallId' to find the
uniqueness of a particular transaction? Why do I have to make a
transaction id ( or transaction key) by making a hash of all these? What
is the significance of each param, when I can find a unique transaction
id with a hash of just two params?

Please suggest!

Thanks & Regards
s

Ph.: 091-124-6383474 (e 250)
__________________________________________
I had a good grip on life, but then the handle broke.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP