Subject: [Sipping] Protocol Action: SIP for Telephones (SIP-T): Context and Architectures to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 15:45:55 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'SIP for Telephones (SIP-T):
Context and Architectures' <draft-ietf-sipping-sipt-04.txt> as a BCP.
This document is the product of the Session Initiation Proposal
Investigation Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Allison Mankin and Scott Bradner.

Technical Summary
 
      The popularity of gateways that interwork between the PSTN and SIP
      networks has motivated the publication of a set of common practices
      that can assure consistent behavior across implementations. This
      document taxonomizes the uses of PSTN-SIP gateways, provides uses
      cases, and identifies mechanisms necessary for interworking. The
      mechanisms detail how SIP provides for both 'encapsulation'
      (bridging of PSTN signaling across a SIP network) and translation
      (gatewaying).

Working Group Summary
   
      There was strong support in the working group for advancing
      this document.
   
Protocol Quality
   
      The document was reviewed for the IESG by Allison Mankin.

Note to RFC-Editor:

Please use the Technical Summary above as a replacement for the Abstract
in the document. It is assumed that PSTN an acceptable abbreviation.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP