Subject: AW: [Sipping] Comments to the SIP-ISUP WGLC

From: "Alexeitsev, D" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 12:47:59 +0200

Hello Gonzalo

Thanks for the answer!

some more comments inline
 
> The figure in paragraph  6.1.4 shows the sending of the BYE request by the MGC/MG on the subsequent SIP T1 timer expires. I think that should be changed to the 504 response as the session is not yet established.

In SIP, you cannot change the status code of your final response once
you have sent it. The intend of this draft is to show how to map ISUP to
SIP, not to modify SIP.

[DA] It was not my intention as well!
My confusion is if the MGC/MG did not receive the ACK for the 200 response it can not consider, that the session is setup, so it can not send BYE.

Greetings,
Denis Alexeitsev

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 13:53:33 +0300

> My confusion is if the MGC/MG did not receive the ACK for the 200 response it can not consider, that the session is setup, so it can not send BYE.

This depends on how you want to treat error situations. Sending a BYE,
as opposed to doing nothing, could recover situations where there is an
asymmetric loss of packets, for instance. 

Regards,

Gonzalo