Subject: RE: [Sipping] new draft about charging for services provided by a nend point

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 09:07:47 +0300

Hi Henry,

> This has also to do with AAA and SIP, so maybe we can have an
> interestting discussion.
> 
> SIP enpoints like phones, laptops, PDA's etc. are not 'cheap' 
> and quite powerful actually. The same applies to mobile phones, what 
> with music,video, etc.
> 
> Web services live and will grow anyhow and it is up to us to embrace
> them, IMHO. It finally comes down to a business decision, wheover can
> afford to ignore them. We can take a vote during the SIPPING WG meeting
> if the chair agrees and also get some guidance from the area 
> directors. 

I am interested in this area.  Are there any Internet drafts related to
this?  What would be the requirements in order to integrate web services
with SIP and/or generic AAA?  Are there any existing solutions?

thanks,
John

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP