Subject: [Sipping] Call-ID in REGISTER

From: "manoj mallik" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 16:49:28 -0500

In RFC 3261, sec 10.2.4 Refreshing Bindings: it says that
"A UA SHOULD use the same Call-ID for all registrations during a single boot
cycle."

I have following doubts w.r.t the above statement:-
1. What exactly the "single boot cycle" in the above statement means? is it
implies to one Registration and de-Registration procedure or only just
Registration procedure or something else?

2. Does the above statement means that the REGISTER request that is used for
Refresh the Registration will use the same call-ID as the initial REGISTER
message which was used for Registration?

3.Does all the new REGISTER request after de-Register should also maintain
the SAME call-id or will have new call-id?

Regards,
Manoj

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP