Subject: [Sipping] SIP INFO

From: Vijay Gaur <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 09:52:26 -0400

Hi,
This is regarding DTMF digit transfer using SIP INFO method.
  Is there any draft/rfc which specifies SIP INFO message delivery
implementation. I need to  understand these issues:
1. Do we need to create new header for Info message sequencing?
2. How long one should wait to recieve digits and then include those digits
in Info message, or we should send one Info message per digit?

Additional information is welcome.
Thanks 
Vijay
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Bert Culpepper <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 00:45:10 -0400

Hello, comments inline...

> implementation. I need to  understand these issues:

See 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mahy-sipping-signaled-digits-01.txt

There have been other I-Ds on DTMF in INFO that have expired.  This 
approach (DTMF in INFO) has been discarded in favor of a general 
approach to the problem set.  There is current work being done to define 
a framework and mechanisms for users to interact with applications.  It 
is this work that is expected to progress.  See the I-Ds below for some 
idea of the current work.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sipping-markup-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-culpepper-sipping-app-interact-reqs-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fairlie-sipping-netapp-session-00.txt

Updates to at least one of the above should be available shortly.

Regards,
Bert