Subject: [Sipping] Diagnostics I-D: draft-kuthan-sipping-diag-00.txt

From: Jiri Kuthan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 13:08:00 +0200

I just submitted a new, tiny I-D with a proposal to add
more diagnostic info in SIP to facilitate troubleshooting.
I think it is one of issues which deserves more attention
than it has received so far -- it is important to operation. 
I will appreciate WG's comments and any other help to advance 
this piece of work before the upcoming meeting.

Thanks,

-Jiri

ps -- until is is in the IETF repository, the memo is available
at http://www.iptel.org/~jiri/etc/draft-kuthan-sipping-diag-00.txt
Abstract follows:

   Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) provides only limited space for
   communicating diagnostic information when errors occur. To facilitate
   troubleshooting, automated error detection, and reporting we propose
   to create new protocol extensions. The extensions will be used for
   richer reporting on request processing status. Particularly, we
   suggest that User Agent Servers (UAS) include additional information
   about error reasons in negative replies, and proxy servers indicate
   in relayed requests the routing logic they used.

--
Jiri Kuthan            http://iptel.org/~jiri/

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP