Subject: [Sipping] Gateway BCP

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 14:49:41 -0500

I'm planning on writing a BCP on gateways.  I'm going to start with
enterprise/home style gateways rather than "tandem" PSTN gateways.
If you have experience, as we do, where every gateway does things
different enough that your sipphone/proxy has all kinds of special
purpose code in it to cope, please let me know where the differences
arise, and I'll try to get something in there to make it one way.  

I'll stick to sip stuff, leaving configuration/provisioning out of it
to start, although I'm tempted to put stuff like DHCP support in there.

One of the big areas we have problems with is getting URIs correct
so that CallerId works both ways.  I'd like to start a thread on that,
which I will do in the next email.

Brian
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP