Subject: RE: [Sipping] Re: Meaning of status codes

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 17:47:51 -0600

> From: Rohan Mahy [mailto:[email-masked]]
> >
> > I *think* Rohan is proposing to use UPDATE to move the media stream 
> > for each dialog to a unique port. 
> 
> yes

Why? Differentiation? You can get that from the SSRC.

/a
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Rohan Mahy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 18:29:49 -0800

> Why? Differentiation? You can get that from the SSRC.

As an aside, technically you shouldn't use SSRC to differentiate, 
because the SSRCs could collide.  However this is a one in a million 
style corner case, which I am willing to ignore at the moment.  I am 
much more concerned with correlation than with differentitation.  If 
you get 3 SSRCs, you can't correlate this to a SIP (early) dialog or a 
Contact.  Note that if RTP were symmetric, or if you knew your peers' 
SSRCs through their answer this would not be a problem.

thanks,
-rohan