Subject: [Sipping] conference and participant's list

From: "Enzo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 20:16:19 +0100

In a centralized conference model, I have the problem of discovering
participant's identities. I have found 2 solutions:

1.	I can use the SIP extension (CONF method) described in
"draft-miladinovic-sip-multiparty-ext-01";
2.	The conference server can use a 200 OK in response to a REGISTER
request, to carry the participant's list, and then the client can
subscribe a "conference" event as described in
"draft-ietf-sipping-conference-package-00", to obtain notifications of
list changes.

They seem equivalent methods; what of these ways "SHOULD" I go?

Thanks in advance.

Enzo.

---

From: "Petri K. Koskelainen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 14:38:48 -0500 (EST)

Hi Enzo,

> participant's identities. I have found 2 solutions:

You can subscribe to conference state and get notifications
about the participants. See 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-conference-package-00.txt

> "draft-miladinovic-sip-multiparty-ext-01";

This idea will not be used.

> request, to carry the participant's list,

You don't need this (makes no sense anyway).

> and then the client can

You can do this without using REGISTER.
First notify includes the current participant list. Why this is not enough
for your purposes ?

> They seem equivalent methods; what of these ways "SHOULD" I go?

Forget option 1. Using Subscribe/Notify for this is a SHOULD.
Conferencing Framework document should also clarify
these issues.

Br,
Petri
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP