Subject: [Sipping] Media descriptor problem in SDP

From: "Louis Guindon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 12:29:03 -0500

Hi,

We are receiving the following SDP with an INVITE...
  m=audio 5004 RTP/AVP 8 8
  a=fmtp:8 ptime:20
  a=fmtp:8 ptime:30
  a=sendrecv
  a=ptime:20

After looking in the RFC2327 ABNF for those fields, I cannot find any problem with the grammar. However, it's doesn't make sense to me that we can put the media format twice on the media announcements line. Moreover, it doesn't make more sense to put two attribut for the same media format with different parameters.

Any idea where I can find about the validity/invadility of SDP packet? 

Regards,

Louis Guindon
Software Design Engineer
Mediatrix Telecom, Inc.
[email-masked]
Tel :  819-829-8749 ext. 242
Fax : 819-829-1973
4229, Garlock Street
Sherbrooke, Qc J1L 2C8

This message and its attachment(s) contain protected proprietary and
confidential information of Mediatrix.  It is intended solely for the
named addressee(s).  If you are not an addressee indicated in this message
(or responsible for delivery of the message to an addressee), you may not
copy or deliver this message or its attachment(s) to anyone.  Rather, you
should permanently delete this message and its attachment(s) and kindly
notify the sender by email.  No warranty is made that the email or
attachment(s) are free from computer virus or other defect.
 
Ce message et son(ses) fichier(s) adjoint(s) peuvent contenir de
l'information légale privilégiée ou confidentielle de Mediatrix.  Il est
destiné exclusivement au(x) destinataire(s) identifié(s).  Si vous n'êtes
pas un destinataire indiqué dans ce message (ou responsable de la
livraison du message au destinataire), vous ne pouvez copier ou livrer ce
message ou son(ses) fichier(s) adjoint(s) à quiconque.  Vous devriez
plutôt effacer de façon permanente ce message et son(ses) fichier(s)
adjoint(s) et aimablement en avertir l'expéditeur par courriel.  Aucune
garantie n'est donnée que ce courriel ou son(ses) fichier(s) adjoint(s) ne
contiennent pas de virus informatique ou autre défectuosité. 
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP