Subject: Re: [Sipping] proxy accounting, was: New version of the SIP-AAAreqs draft

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 14:16:56 +0200

Juha,

RFC3261 compliant UAs do not take into account the To and From URIs to
perform dialog identification. However, systems that implement RFC2543
do... that's the only reason why the spec does not allow to change the
From and To URIs; backwards compatibility.

It would be nice to know how big is this backwards compatibility problem
(i.e., how many already installed systems implement that way of dialog
identification)...

Gonzalo

[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> Gonzalo Camarillo writes:
> 
>  > This is what I said in one of my previous mails. Per RFC 3261, you are
>  > free to change your URL if you want. No change to the spec needed.
> 
> the text that i quoted, doesn't say so.  in order to get this capability
> implemented in UAs, it must be a MUST in the text, or. alternatively, we
> must have a new header/field where the realm can be placed.  the same
> goes for the P header.  i don't know any general purpose sip ua that is
> implementing it.
> 
> -- juha
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Jiri Kuthan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 20:36:51 +0100 (MET)

> (i.e., how many already installed systems implement that way of dialog

To me knowledge, it is unfortunately a big problem and most end-devices
you can buy today can't live without it.

-Jiri