Subject: [Sipping] Conferencing Design Team Update

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 10:01:30 -0600

All,

The past few months have been very busy for the conferencing design team 
and I'm happy to report on the work.

Three Internet-Drafts have been updated recently:

-  "High Level Requirements for Tightly Coupled SIP Conferencing " 
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-levin-sipping-conferencing-requirements-03.txt)

- "A Framework for Conferencing with the Session Initiation Protocol" 
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sipping-conferencing-framework-01.txt)

- "Session Initiation Protocol Call Control - Conferencing for User Agents" 
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-johnston-sipping-cc-conferencing-01.txt)

These three documents outline the requirements, framework, and SIP call 
control operations for tightly coupled SIP conferences and now should now 
be aligned in terms of terminology and approach.

These documents have had significant review within the team and the team 
believes they are ready for consideration as working group items.

Newly submitted design team documents include:

  - "Requirements for Conference Policy Data" 
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-koskelainen-sipping-conf-policy-req-00.txt)

  - "Conferencing Media Policy Requirements" 
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-even-sipping-media-policy-requirements-00.txt)

  -  "Media Policy Manipulation in the Conference Policy Control Protocol" 
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mahy-sipping-media-policy-control-00.txt)

These documents are still in the early stages but are a good reflection of 
the direction being taken by the design team.  Feedback from the working 
group is most welcome on these drafts.

Other related documents that are not direct output of the design team but 
relate to conferencing include:

  - "A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Event Package for Conference 
State" 
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-conference-package-00.txt)

  -  "Caller Preferences and Callee Capabilities for the Session Initiation 
Protocol (SIP)" 
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-callerprefs-08.txt) 
which contains the definition of the "isfocus" feature tag.

  - "Requirements for Floor 
Control" 
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-koskelainen-mmusic-floor-req-01.txt)

  -  "Use of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and Simple Object Access 
Protocol (SOAP) for Conference Floor Control" 
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wu-sipping-floor-control-04.txt)

At IETF-56, we plan to discuss the status of the design team drafts and the 
open issues associated with this topic.

Thanks to the entire design team for their hard work on this topic.

To follow the progress of this work including working documents use: 
http://ee.wustl.edu/~alan/sip-conf

Thanks,
Alan Johnston
WorldCom
sip:[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP