Subject: Re: [Sipping] b2bua description

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 08:51:48 +0100

Hi,
I don't know if anybody is writing something; moreover, I do not know what
was (more or less) the result of the previous debate.
What is sure is that the debate showed that there is a lot of confusion
about this subject.
Best regards
Juan Carlos

"Jasson Casey" <[email-masked]>@ietf.org on 03/18/2003 12:26:16 AM

Sent by:    [email-masked]

To:    <[email-masked]>
cc:
Subject:    [Sipping] b2bua description

Its seems the concept of a B2BUA has been discussed a bit on the list;
however, is anyone working on putting thoughts to paper? It seems that
there are several scenarios where having a more detailed description of use
would be benificial concerning this topic.

thanks,

-jasson
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
 Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 00:13:16 -0500

As I recall, the conclusion was that there is not much value in 
describing a b2bua for the sake of a b2bua. Rather, the use was in 
describing specific problems for which a b2bua was posited as a 
solution, and show what one would do in such a scenario.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com