Subject: [Sipping] CPCP and SIP {conferencing}

From: "Arjun Roychowdhury" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 17:21:40 -0500

Reading 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-levin-sipping-conferencing-requirements-03.txt
and 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-koskelainen-sipping-conf-policy-req-00.txt 
in conjunction, 

it seems both CPCP and SIP have similar requirements and the reqts listed 
in the above two drafts to a great
extent can mix with each other. This probably is a good  thing since that 
means SIP can meet many of CPCP's requirements.

But it does not clarify my confusion below:

In addition, framework-01, for each scenario lists a SIP way and a CPCP 
way

 Even though SIP may finally land up doing a lot of what is required by 
CPCP,  looking at the framework-01 diagram Figure 2, the interface between 
Participant and Focus is different from the interface between Participant 
and Conference Policy server.

However, when I read petri's, jonathan's and orit's drafts in conjunction, 
I see these two interfaces sparring in the same ring.

 I am somewhat confused. Where does the design team consider CPCP to stop 
(Participant - CPS) and SIP dialog to start (Participant to Focus) ?

regds
Arjun

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP