Subject: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-culpepper-sipping-app-interact-reqs-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 06:52:07 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Session Initiation Protocol Based Application 
                          Interaction Requirements
	Author(s)	: B. Culpepper, R. Fairlie-Cuninghame
	Filename	: draft-culpepper-sipping-app-interact-reqs-03.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2003-3-6
	
This document defines the high level requirements for a framework 
and/or one or more mechanisms that support user interaction, via 
SIP-based user agents, with applications residing on remote network 
servers.  The requirements in this document address the overall 
features of such a system, without regard to its architecture. 
SIP currently supports media-based application interactions using 
methods such as speech, video and end-to-end telephony-related 
tones; however, it is desired that more general application 
interaction models are defined, especially those that are not 
restricted to the media plane.  In addition, it is desired that an 
application be able to present the user with application-specific 
user interfaces and information.  The user agent should also be able 
to generate activity indications back to an application to 
communicate actions on physical or logical user interfaces.  The 
document also defines a number of topic-related terms to assist in 
disambiguating discussions of the issues.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-culpepper-sipping-app-interact-reqs-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-culpepper-sipping-app-interact-reqs-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-culpepper-sipping-app-interact-reqs-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.