Subject: [Sipping] SIP and EAP

From: Corrado Derenale <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 15:18:33 +0200

Dear all,
	I saw the Torval proposal for authenticate SIP messages with EAP.

The IETF document draft-torvinen-http-eap-02.txt

Was that proposal been inserted in a new draft or RFC?

We are working to find an extensible authentication schema for SIP and 
are we now evaluating that old proposal.

Thank you in advance,

Corrado Derenale.

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 17:44:51 +0300

> are we now evaluating that old proposal.

This old proposal was later replaced with the use of the specifically
needed authentication scheme (UMTS AKA) in the context of Digest
framework. The reasons for this switch included the desire to
keep EAP only for network access authorization purposes, and the
desire to minimize impacts to SIP.

See also RFC 3310.

--Jari

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP