Subject: [Sipping] Request for Technical Comments on ITU H.350 sipIdentity

From: "Jill B Gemmill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 17:08:14 -0500

To Members of IETF SIPPING:

The Video Development Initiative (ViDe www.vide.net) and Internet2 Video
Middleware Working Group (VidMid http://middleware.internet2.edu/video/)
would like to call your attention to a set of ITU-T documents developed
by ITU-T Study Group 16 and known as "Directory Services Architecture
for Multimedia Conferencing"  (H.350).  
 
This ITU Recommendation describes a directory services architecture for
multimedia conferencing using LDAP. Directory services can provide
automated configuration of endpoints, association of persons with
endpoints, searchable white pages, clickable, dialing, and user
authentication based on authoritative data sources. This document
describes a standardized LDAP schema to represent endpoints on the
network and associate those endpoints with users. It discusses design
and implementation considerations for the inter-relation of video and
voice-specific directories, enterprise directories, call servers and
endpoints. 

The recommendation includes a base document (H.350) and
protocol-specific components include H.350.1 (H.323); H.350.2 (h.235);
H.350.3 (H.320); H.350.4 (SIP); and H.350.5 (generic).   Current drafts
of these documents are available at
http://middleware.internet2.edu/video/docs/H.350/  ; these
recommendations are on track for ratification at the next meeting of
Study Group 16 to be held later this month.

We would very much appreciate your individual or group technical
comments, particularly regarding H.350.4 (SIP) - we have been interested
in developing a standardized directory interface for multimedia that
contains protocol-specific information but which does not replace or
revise the protocol.  

We are aware of at least one error in H.350.4 - sipURI is listed as case
insensitive, which is incorrect.

Please send your comments to my attention, and I will see that they are
forwarded to Internet2 VidMid and also to the editor of the H.350
documents.

Sincerely,  

Jill Gemmill
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP