Subject: RE: [Sipping] DTMF: Why Not A New Method?

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 16:31:13 -0500

Jonathan Rosenberg [mailto:[email-masked]] writes:

> The duration is exactly equal to the length of the validity of the 
> KPML script. That lifetime is defined in the framework. It terminates 
> when the dialog terminates. Otherwise, the application can 
> "unsubscribe" by pushing a new App-Info header w/o a KPML script for 
> that instance (Tim had asked how this is done - see my answer in a 
> reply to his note).

You missed my point. I'll try to make it more obvious.
Below, I've placed an example NOTIFY message. Find the
"XXXXX" in it, and change it so that it makes syntactic
and semantic sense.

NOTIFY sip:appserver.example.com SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/TCP terminal.example.com;branch=z9hG4bK4EPlfSFQK1
Max-Forwards: 70
From: <sip:[email-masked]>;tag=zpNctbZq
To: <sip:appserver.example.com>;tag=ie4hbb8t
Call-ID: [email-masked]
CSeq: 997935769 NOTIFY
Contact: <sip:terminal.example.com>
Event: stimulus
Subscription-State: active;expires=XXXXX
Content-Type: application/kpml+xml
Content-Length: 74

<?xml version="1.0">
<kpml version="1.0">
  <response digits="0113224321234"/>
</kpml>

/a

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 11:43:22 -0400

> "XXXXX" in it, and change it so that it makes syntactic

The situation is identical to the normal subscription (i.e., explicit 
with a SUBSCRIBE) case where you don't really want to refresh at all, 
since the resource has a natural termination tiem which is relatively 
short. In such a case, the SUBSCRIBE would basically have a very long 
subscription duration, as does the NOTIFY in response, and when the 
subscription termiantes a NOTIFY is sent with a state of termianted 
and a reason of noresource.

So, the same here. The KPML/App-Info imply no refreshes, so a long 
duration. Thus the NOTIFY has something long - say a week - as the 
duration. That would be XXXX=604800. When the dialog expires the UA 
would send a NOTIFY with xxxx=0 and a reason of noresource.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Technology Officer                    Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
dynamicsoft
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com