Subject: RE: [Sipping] DTMF: Why Not A New Method?

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 18:19:18 -0500

Jonathan Rosenberg [mailto:[email-masked]] writes:

> Correlation is easy. The KPML script IS the subscription. The 
> place to  send the notify is implied from the URI in the KPML
> script. We would need to clarify in KPML that once that URI is
> used, subsequent notificatiosn to the same URI ought to go on
> the dialog established by the NOTIFY. But, this is a KPML issue.

I mean dialog correlation.

Let's say you're an app server. Client A sends an INVITE
through you. You add something to the 200 response that
ultimately results in Client A getting the following KPML
script:

<?xml version="1.0">
<kpml version="1.0">
  <request>
    <pattern>
      <regex value="xx" href="sip:appserver.example.com" />
    </pattern>
  </request>
</kpml>

Client A sends another INVITE through you. You add something to
the 200 response that ultimately results in Client A getting
the following KPML script:

<?xml version="1.0">
<kpml version="1.0">
  <request>
    <pattern>
      <regex value="xx" href="sip:appserver.example.com" />
    </pattern>
  </request>
</kpml>

Finally, you get a NOTIFY request from the user. How do you
know to which session it pertains?

/a

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 11:44:23 -0400

> know to which session it pertains?

You wouldnt send the KPML you have described. Each would have a 
different URI in the href. The URI provides the correlation.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Technology Officer                    Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
dynamicsoft
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 14:18:08 -0700

I think the href in the VXML would provide the correlation information so it
might be something like

Href="sip:[email-masked]"

Cullen